LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed March 1. We did concurrent filing. Im a DACA married to USC. Im done with biometrics. Aside from “fingerprints were completed” for work permit and “case ready to be scheduled for interviews”, since april, we havent heard of anything yet. It seems like mostly here got their work permit already. My current work permit is expiring on September, it worries us so much. 

34 minutes ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Had our interview today. Went super smooth and we were only asked basic questions from form 485 (the officer was making notes that the answers match on the form. I think he didn't want to trick us but just made sure we didn't make mistakes while filing), then yes/no questions and the how we met. That's it!

He did chat with us about where we live, the weather in Russia comparing to Nebraska, about South Dakota's weather (I worked there on J1 visa before).

He did'nt sk for any of the documents at all and just handed us the paper with approval for me to sign

How long was the interview? Didn’t ask any weird questions? Wow! Congratulations! Finally you are done with this yuck waiting!

Update again today - AP approved and combo card was mailed to me!

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Tomalley said:

How long was the interview? Didn’t ask any weird questions? Wow! Congratulations! Finally you are done with this yuck waiting!

probably 10 min. nope! Those were the only question at all. We can believe how lucky we got!
yes, thank you. Bur I'll be fine only when receive the card of course!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Day 147, status changed today "ready to schedule interview"...

no combo no nothing, and I know that after this status it can take up to a year to get it scheduled so.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
38 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

Day 147, status changed today "ready to schedule interview"...

no combo no nothing, and I know that after this status it can take up to a year to get it scheduled so.....

We just got an email saying our case is ready to schedule for interview too! At least we're moving along! Whew! Where did you hear it can take up to a year to get the interview?

Spoiler

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

2 minutes ago, AriSmith said:

We just got an email saying our case is ready to schedule for interview too! At least we're moving along! Whew! Where did you hear it can take up to a year to get the interview?

Reveal hidden contents

Some people are lucky but the official waiting times for Chicago are as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.15.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.16.40 PM.png

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Martella&T said:

Some people are lucky but the official waiting times for Chicago are as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.15.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.16.40 PM.png

Holy F. :(

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AriSmith said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ive seen cases around here and friends from facebook that it took 9 months-1 year to get it scheduled. But I've also seen cases that were faster.. anyway, better than no change on our status I guess lol 

after mailman comes I run to the mailbox everyday and always get disappointed lol

Timeline
Just now, AnaMolina said:

Ive seen cases around here and friends from facebook that it took 9 months-1 year to get it scheduled. But I've also seen cases that were faster.. anyway, better than no change on our status I guess lol 

after mailman comes I run to the mailbox everyday and always get disappointed lol

YEAH me too! LOL. Hang in there. It's always a waiting game with immigration! 

2 minutes ago, AriSmith said:

YEAH me too! LOL. Hang in there. It's always a waiting game with immigration! 

I don't think you both should worry at all. The USCIS website stated the processing time for my office as 11 months, but my case was ready to schedule for interview April 17, and i got actual interview notice July 9. I honestly think they just put that to lower expectations. 

6 minutes ago, momofboys2018 said:

I don't think you both should worry at all. The USCIS website stated the processing time for my office as 11 months, but my case was ready to schedule for interview April 17, and i got actual interview notice July 9. I honestly think they just put that to lower expectations. 

Seems really depends on the local office. Local offices without many applications are much faster.. Otherwise, it is a long wait :( 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Seems really depends on the local office. Local offices without many applications are much faster.. Otherwise, it is a long wait :( 

Pittsburgh office does not have a lot of applicants and yet.. here I am lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tomalley said:

You are right! Weird. But I notice that Ohio and Raleigh are pretty fast. And one May filer from MT just got her interview scheduled today.. 

Hopefully it will happen soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.