LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, swsslfn said:

Hey guys,

I got a job offer and I was thinking about expedite my EAD.

Do I need to proof financial hardship?

Is it worth to expedite or it might delay my EAD if it is denied?

Thanks 

you should use the help of your congressman, provide them with job offer and show financial hardship if you can, and expedite. 

There is no wrong answer. Worse case scenario is you are denied the expedite and return to your place in queue prior to your request to expedite. 

I put  in EAD expedite based on financial hardship last Friday. Will update as soon as I get any word.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, momofboys2018 said:

you should use the help of your congressman, provide them with job offer and show financial hardship if you can, and expedite. 

There is no wrong answer. Worse case scenario is you are denied the expedite and return to your place in queue prior to your request to expedite. 

I put  in EAD expedite based on financial hardship last Friday. Will update as soon as I get any word.

Thanks 

I will try to contact you congressman, and see what they say.

Please keep us updated in your case 

3 minutes ago, swsslfn said:

Thanks 

make sure they give you this form. This is the new privacy release form. Using the old form will cause asks to send it back and add days to your case 

USCIS-OLA-Privacy-Release.pdf

Edited by momofboys2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

So I had my interview yesterday in Lawrence, MA.

For those interested, appointment was at 12:30. We wanted to go in at around 11:30-11:45, but were hungry and decided to go eat before, so we didn't go in until 12:05. They called my husband (USC) at around 12:20 and the IO made him take all the paperwork with him. He says he got asked for his passport, which unfortunately I had so he wasn't able to show, and his driver's license, which he had. He then got asked some questions, the same ones he later asked me. My husband says the IO asked for pictures so that is all he gave him, even though I put together a whole thing with a cover letter and other prove of relationship, such as credit cards, joint accounts, health and car insurance, etc. But he didn't give him any of that... Anyway, after that IO called me in at around 12:30. 

First, he asked me everything on the form: my name, address, my parents names, etc and went through the yes/no questions. Then, he asked me everything he had asked my husband (he had written his answers on a paper and was checking to make sure my answers were the same). The questions were:

- What are your parents' name?

- What are his parents' name?

- What's your date and place of birth?

- What's his date and place of birth?

- How did you meet?

- How and where did he propose?

- What did you do on the 4th of July?

- What did you do on Memorial Day/Weekend?

- Where does he work?

- Where do you work? - I don't because I don't have my EAD yet...

- How many bedrooms do you have in your apartment?

- How many bathrooms?

- How many cars do you have and what kind of cars are they?

He then made me sign the form and said: "SO HERE'S THE ONLY ISSUE THAT I SEE", and I panicked. He said that from everything he was seeing I was approved but my medical was missing and that it was at another office (?????), so he had to wait until they send it in to officially approve me. I had the original and the copy of my vaccines so I gave him that just in case, but he said there were still other things missing and he had to wait for the paperwork to get there. He asked us if we had any other questions, but my husband and I were pretty nervous so we forgot to ask how long he thought that would take. That was it, we were out at around 12:45, so the whole thing was around 40 mins, and the interview itself around 20-25mins. Overall, the whole thing was very quick and painless.

Now, my question: Has anybody heard of anybody being in that situation? I gave my medical to my POE, why would another office have it and how long could it take for them to send it?? I hope they didn't lose it and I don't need to pay for it again honestly.

Good luck to everyone else, hope your interviews turn out better than mine :P and I will let you know when/if I get approved!

Edited by HuckleberryFinn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My 1st daughter's EAD arrived today (my 2nd daughter already got hers last week). So now we are complete. awaiting her SSN in the mail in the next 3 or 4 days. Now we just need to get ready for the AOS interview coming up on the 6th of August. 

To all those waiting on their EADs and Interview dates I say hang in there its a matter of having patience. Good luck to you all.

Guys my EAD was successfully expedited. Just got the update that my card is in production. 

I got a job offer yesterday, but things were so hard financially that I decided to request an expedite last week based on financial hardship alone. I scanned all overdue bills on one document along with privacy release form from congressman and requested the expedite last week Friday. Please, it is WORTH A TRY. DO NOT WAIT FOR OFFER LETTER, Show them that you are struggling and write a heartfelt letter explaining your circumstance if its dire. 

Fellow March filers- our time is coming and things are looking up. 

Edited by momofboys2018

On 11/07/2018 at 10:25 PM, swsslfn said:

Thanks 

EAD successfully expedited. My card is in production.

24 minutes ago, momofboys2018 said:

Guys my EAD was successfully expedited. Just got the update that my card is in production. 

I got a job offer yesterday, but things were so hard financially that I decided to request an expedite last week based on financial hardship alone. I scanned all overdue bills on one document along with privacy release form from congressman and requested the expedite last week Friday. Please, it is WORTH A TRY. DO NOT WAIT FOR OFFER LETTER, Show them that you are struggling and write a heartfelt letter explaining your circumstance if its dire. 

Fellow March filers- our time is coming and things are looking up. 

Didn’t you say a day after you contacted the congrassman, you had an interview for your GC? 

24 minutes ago, momofboys2018 said:

EAD successfully expedited. My card is in production.

What papers did you hand in to expedite? Do i need to contact my Congress man? 

5 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Didn’t you say a day after you contacted the congrassman, you had an interview for your GC? 

What papers did you hand in to expedite? Do i need to contact my Congress man? 

yes, everything is coming all at once. 

I stated in my previous post last week that I used documents to prove financial hardship: late notices, maxed credit card statements etc

7 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Wow, when will you have your interview? Cool! 

My timeline: 

Filed: March 6

Biometrics: April 9

Case in line for interview: April 17

EAD expedite request through Congressman: July 6

Received letter for green card interview: July 10

EAD card in production status update: July 14

Green Card interview: August 8

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

All of the K-1 visa AOS' filers: Did you submit a Supplement A form with your AOS packet? 

I totally forgot and I'm wondering if that is why they are holding us up on our approval. We haven't heard anything yet and we filed mid-March. 

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

38 minutes ago, AriSmith said:

All of the K-1 visa AOS' filers: Did you submit a Supplement A form with your AOS packet? 

I totally forgot and I'm wondering if that is why they are holding us up on our approval. We haven't heard anything yet and we filed mid-March. 

I never know that I need to submit supplements A form. I don’t think K1 needs that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
17 hours ago, AriSmith said:

I don't think we sent that either. People that have been hearing something are very few. It's still preeetty soon, if you filed mid March! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 hour ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

I don't think we sent that either. People that have been hearing something are very few. It's still preeetty soon, if you filed mid March! 

True but the ones that have gotten their green cards are K1 visa filers so that's why I was wondering why we haven't even gotten our approval yet. I hate ALL of this! LOL.

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.