dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
15 minutes ago, crissyfisher said:

Thank u. So no fee paid for the Ds 260?

If you are doing electronic processing then you'll skip the ds-261 (this is the choose agent form) there is no fee for ds-260...that is the long form for the beneficiary's info. You don't have them review the ds-260. If you are a non pivot case then you have to fill out the ds-261 & then call for them to review.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

4 minutes ago, Henry&Olga said:

Well

Method 1 is uploading to their webpage but thats only if you get a letter from them saying "You may begin online processing"

Method 2 Email processing only if your case number begins with AKD, AMM, BGH, DMS, GZO.

Method 3 if it starts with GUZ

if none of the above match with your case prefix then you have to mail. 

I think UK has to use mail processing like me.. My embassy is San Salvador case begins with SNS i dont know what the UK will start with but its definitely not AKD, AMM, BGH, DMS, GZO OR GUZ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

If you are doing electronic processing then you'll skip the ds-261 (this is the choose agent form) there is no fee for ds-260...that is the long form for the beneficiary's info. You don't have them review the ds-260. If you are a non pivot case then you have to fill out the ds-261 & then call for them to review.

Ok then I understand Thanks so much :)

12 hours ago, H&H. said:

i guess this is when its bad to have lawyer. so u submit to him everything and he just reviews to make sure u have everything and its correct?

Yes I agree that's the downside for having a lawyer. I submitted the I 864 for me and joint sponsor, documents and he will review the IV application on the ceac website. If everything is good then he will submit it. I just hoped he would have worked on it faster. I was hoping everything would have been submitted this week and now I have to wait 1 week more 

4 minutes ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Yes I agree that's the downside for having a lawyer. I submitted the I 864 for me and joint sponsor, documents and he will review the IV application on the ceac website. If everything is good then he will submit it. I just hoped he would have worked on it faster. I was hoping everything would have been submitted this week and now I have to wait 1 week more 

Honestly- I dont think a lawyer is necessary for this process. Everything is pretty much explained on the NVC website. But i do understand some people dont want to risk it. Unfortunately the lawyer probably isnt handling just one case and that will delay things a bit more :unsure:

Edited by Henry&Olga

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Approximately how long did it take for you to get a case number assigned right now? I know they're saying 8 weeks is the current wait time. It's been 3 weeks for me, so 5 more to go! :(

Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
10 hours ago, H-H said:

Guys, posting this because it might be helpful for pivot cases (submitted electronically). We got a checklist just because the biographic page of the passport was in landscape mode when we submitted it, and not portrait. So please make sure your documents are all in portrait so you guys don't get a checklist for something so small like that!

Thank you for that tip.

Timeline
10 hours ago, H-H said:

Have you tried saving it as a pdf and then change to portrait? It shouldn't rotate if you do that! Let me know if it works! :)

For example what if the civil document is emitted on landscape already even if you reduce the document will show small on half of a page , you guys mean to just rotate so is easy to read for them or actually scan the document and fit the document on the 8 inches of wide in a page , i can see that on passport but not on docs that are already generated as landscape that does not make sense to me 

Timeline
9 hours ago, H-H said:

From my experience, it seems like they don't care if it is sideways - it just has to be in portrait. One of the documents I submitted was sideways but portrait and they accepted it just fine but rejected the one that I could read just fine (without having to tilt my head) but because it was in landscape. I can't tell by looking at the pictures which one is portrait but go for the one that is in portrait.  

Thanks, so it is not about the direction of the content in the page is about the orientation of the actual page? For example my birth certicate is printed in landscape but is oriented on portrait ( you have to tilt your head to ready) so NVC will accept that? they are ok tilting their heads?/ lol

Timeline
9 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Mine were all scanned portraits, but they rejected the two documents that were sideways 

i am is the same boat with my birth certificate it was given to me right to left letters on landscape page. Did you reduced the page and make it fit on the 8 inches of the portrait side?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Chalanero21 said:

i am is the same boat with my birth certificate it was given to me right to left letters on landscape page. Did you reduced the page and make it fit on the 8 inches of the portrait side?

I ended up just deleting it cuz it was a second option of a birth certificate. The other birth certificate we had was portrait. I'm not sure how I would've fixed it...maybe scan half of it & then page 2 would be the second half underneath that?? Otherwise I feel the text would be too small if it was shrunk down. But I'm not sure!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just checked my status online... It says "At NVC" so this means case complete?!

Scan date: March 5

CC? March 28

How long will it take for an interview?! 

Mumbai embassy 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.