dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Thank you to everyone that congratulated us on getting a case number, and I'm glad about anyone who it gave hope to! :)

I'm so thankful we finally got it...I felt gutted when they originally told us it takes up to 2 weeks for a case number, then changed it to up to 8 weeks. These are people's lives on hold, and it's honestly just cruel to me for them to be able to give a specific number like that, then go back on their word and multiply the potential wait time by 4.

But anyway, I'm just so ready to be able to log on with our case number and invoice number and get these forms going...they claimed it could take up to 4 weeks until I'm able to log in, but I'm hoping that's exaggerated..

And I continue to pray we have the rest of this process move along quickly and smoothly 

Hi everyone, does anyone know how long does it take the IV fee to unlock after DS261 review on the phone? Thank in advance for answering.

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

does anyone know if they start scheduling at Mumbai embassy for may 2018 . My cc was March 21 (scan date March 7 2018 )... waiting for the interview date now ..

Let me know too if you find an answer on that, we still waiting for nvc#...we are planning to have the wedding in June, so i hope that my fiance will get his interview at end of April or May 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lidwina said:

OK thanks my dear. I am like, do I need to immediately or the ds-261 needs to be reviewed or given some time before payment? Can I GI straight to doing the payments now? We received our numbers through an email. Will also check through the link u gave.

We are in the same boat. So I got a case # and invoice # like 10 days ago. I went online and filled out the DS-261. Next day I called and had them review it. Then I paid the AOS fee last Friday and it is cleared and is showing 'PAID' now. So my next step should be paying the IV fee and then fill out the DS-261 as well as send the IV docs. My case is a pivot case, which means I will be emailing my documents instead of mailing them. 

From what I was told, the IV fee opens up within  week after reviewing the DS-261. So hopefully I can pay this fee by the end of this week or early next week. 

Good luck

2 hours ago, ajw&bmw said:

Thank you to everyone that congratulated us on getting a case number, and I'm glad about anyone who it gave hope to! :)

I'm so thankful we finally got it...I felt gutted when they originally told us it takes up to 2 weeks for a case number, then changed it to up to 8 weeks. These are people's lives on hold, and it's honestly just cruel to me for them to be able to give a specific number like that, then go back on their word and multiply the potential wait time by 4.

Exactly. Especially for those of us who literally live on the opposite side of the planet to our spouses. I have a time difference of 13 hours to deal with, not to mention travelling physically takes 20+ hours and definitely with all those hours of flying, we do not want to just stay for a week. Besides, who gets that much time off to visit! I do get significantly more extended stretches of time to visit as a school teacher during school breaks but it freaks me out knowing there is a possibility of being denied entry so I haven't been there since last June and I don't intend to enter again till I have my visa in hand. I have to try very hard not to cry sometimes when I see people with their loved ones and then mine is so far away and I don't even know when I can get to see him again. Cruel is an understatement! :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
31 minutes ago, mrandmrsR said:

Can anyone going through CEAC advise on what the SD is? Most of my docs have been accepted but there's no SD in sight.

I believe the SD is the day you finish uploading all of your docs. I called yesterday & they told me that after uploading we just wait. Most of my docs changed to accepted except for one that I needed to rescan & upload. Now we just wait for case complete!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Meno said:

your countdown restarts so it can take "up to 11 weeks" for the second review.

15 hours ago, Kwall1515 said:

I have seen this before. They won't review the DS-261 until you receive the welcome email. Don't worry though, it won't delay you at all since I assume none of the fees have unlocked  yet? As soon as you receive the welcome email, you can call and have the DS-261 reviewed over the phone. 

16 hours ago, Meno said:

your countdown restarts so it can take "up to 11 weeks" for the second review.

But when we got checklist they said do not send any document until we send u checklist email with checklist barcode. We ask why we need new barcode so the they said u don't want to wait the 11 week circle nd they said everything looks good only have to review i864a and cc 

Edited by Hitesh..Tammy

So I submitted all my documents to my lawyer last Thursday 3/22 and he still hasn't finished reviewing them all . I was told he most likely submit it next week :(. I'm a pivot case. Waited 8 weeks for case #, and submitted everything within 5 days only to have to keep waiting...so frustrating.

4 hours ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

We are in the same boat. So I got a case # and invoice # like 10 days ago. I went online and filled out the DS-261. Next day I called and had them review it. Then I paid the AOS fee last Friday and it is cleared and is showing 'PAID' now. So my next step should be paying the IV fee and then fill out the DS-261 as well as send the IV docs. My case is a pivot case, which means I will be emailing my documents instead of mailing them. 

From what I was told, the IV fee opens up within  week after reviewing the DS-261. So hopefully I can pay this fee by the end of this week or early next week. 

Good luck

Thanks for ur prompt reaction. It gives me hope. I wish u the best too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jeevan said:

does anyone know if they start scheduling at Mumbai embassy for may 2018 . My cc was March 21 (scan date March 7 2018 )... waiting for the interview date now ..

my embassy is also Mumbai and my scan date is March 5... no cc yet 😞 but your case gives me hope! Good luck to you hope you get an interview soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, MR-SAUDI said:

PAKISTAN (PIVOT) cases time 2 month from the date case been received. Good Luck

I see . . . Thanks n Good Luck to you too :)

PD  = 15 DEC 2016

NOA 1 = 21 DEC 2016

NOA 2 = JAN 2018

(AS PETITIONER WAS ON GREEN CARDS THAT IS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG)

NVC RECEIVED = 12 FEB 2018

CASE # ASSIGNED = 19 APR 2018

PAID AOS & IV FEE = 20 APR 2018

FEE DEDUCTED = 25 APR 2018

DS260/CIVIL DOCS/ AOS SUBMITTED = 26 APR 2018

WAITING FOR CC :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.