dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Just an update...we got our case number last monday the 12th...we are a pivot case. It took over 2 months to get the case number. However, the day we received the case number I was able to pay both AOS & IV fees. It took only two days to process and then the DS-260 opened up. We finished that on Thursday...friday I uploaded my husbands civil documents. And today I finished uploading all of the AOS documents. Everything says "Paid" and "Submitted". Now we wait, and hoping we don't get a checklist. So even though it took forever to get the case number...it took only one week to complete everything. Hope that gives some of you some hope who are still waiting for case numbers and are pivot cases!

Thanks for the update! We were also TSC and about one month behind you on everything. Also applying from Turkey. Case was received at NVC on Feb 2nd and waiting on a case number still. Please keep updating as things progress! I am curious how long it will take to get a CC as a pivot and then an interview in Ankara. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, seewolves said:

Does anybody know if I can schedule my medical exam before I get confirmation of my interview date? I'd rather just get it out of the way since I think my approval from the NVC is probably 4 weeks away. 

You have to wait for the interview letter from nvc before scheduling your medical appointment, when you call the doctor's office to schedule the appointment they will ask you for your interview date, upon arrival at the medical facility they will want your interview letter. And since you don't have that they won't schedule you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Netta said:

You have to wait for the interview letter from nvc before scheduling your medical appointment, when you call the doctor's office to schedule the appointment they will ask you for your interview date, upon arrival at the medical facility they will want your interview letter. And since you don't have that they won't schedule you

I scheduled and attended a medical in Ireland last week, and i don't even have a NVC case number yet :D

they said just call them when I plan to pick it up the results on my interview day, which hopefully will be in the next 6 months, as thats when the results expire. :/

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
34 minutes ago, THE J'S said:

I scheduled and attended a medical in Ireland last week, and i don't even have a NVC case number yet :D

they said just call them when I plan to pick it up the results on my interview day, which hopefully will be in the next 6 months, as thats when the results expire. :/

Really? I've never heard of that. And I stand corrected. Risky move on your end considering NVC has been extremely slow with assigning case numbers, the wait for case complete and wait for an interview but I guess that's great that the doctor went ahead and did your medical. Hopefully you get an interview before it expires and you won't have to spend all that money again to do it over

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, THE J'S said:

Where did you do your medical? How much did it cost? Your the first Irish person if found on here. 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
20 hours ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Hi, 

thank you for the update. So you asked that such as document is enough to issuing ITIN? 

I think I will then request an extension and have my wife go to the embassy in Lebanon to notarize a photocopy of her passport. 

Thank you again. 

Absolutely, it should be enough to get the ITIN! Good luck!

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
19 minutes ago, BellDillard said:

Where did you do your medical? How much did it cost? Your the first Irish person if found on here. 😁

Mater private medical in Dublin is the only place in Ireland the US will accept. It'll cost you 395 euros, and take about an hour.

https://www.materprivate.ie/dublin/centre-services/all-services/visa-medicals/index.xml

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Good Morning,

I have called the NVC and received my case numbers, they said they do not know when will i receive my welcome letter. What is teh next step, and generally how long does it take ?

Thanks for all the help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
10 hours ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Best of luck to you!

I too am a pivot case and got my case number exactly at 8 weeks. I paid the fees on Thursday night but it still appears as "in process"... Did you receive an email when payment went through? Or you just kept checking online?

I didn't get an email...I just kept checking!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
3 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

I didn't get an email...I just kept checking!

for passport, did u just upload the one page with photo and info or also the front of passport and visa page etc? 

Edited by H&H.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 minutes ago, H&H. said:

for passport, did u just upload the one page with photo and info or also the front of passport and visa page etc? 

Only the one page with photo & biographic info.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

26 minutes ago, SME2017 said:

How long did you wait for the NVC number ? 

It seems like Indiandallas’s case was at NvC on the 12th Feb. did you call to see what happen with your case yet? Can they locate your case now?

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.