2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, simonvikih79 said:

So guys for you who’ve received your cards already, how long from “we’re producing your card to card in hand?”

Approved on 6/25, Mailed on 6/28, Delivered on 6/30.

Timeline

Oh boy I need help.

USPS tracking number of my EAD (provided by USCIS) showed that the package was delivered to La Puente (miles away from Redondo Beach) today and I didn't receive anything. I'm so desperate now and Sunday is going to be hell for me since neither USCIS nor USPS opens on Sunday.

I'm asking the community what I can do to get the card. And if I need to get a new one from USCIS, what can I do to expedite the card replacement request? 

I have to get my EAD card, the actual card to get my social security card updated and my driver's license renewed before I can be rehired by my employer (7/21). 

My current plan is to: 

Call USPS first thing in the morning, find out more about where they delivered the package or just to get them admitted that they made a mistake.

a. if they can provide the address, I'll ask if they can retrieve the package. If yes, I'll ask them to retrieve and to deliver it again/or I can pick it up from the office; If not, I'd even just drive to that address and knock on the door to see if they have kept the mail.

b. if they can't provide the address, I'll still ask if they can retrieve the package. If yes, I'll ask them to retrieve and to deliver it again/or I can pick it up from the office;  If not, I'll ask them provide a statement that they've lost the package asap.

In the case that they can't retrieve the package and I have to file a replacement. I will contact my attorney and USCIS immediately. I'll plead to expedite it so that I don't lose the job. 

Any ideas what else I can do? 

21 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

Mailing your evidence should work. Just curious how is the number not working? did you fax the documents over during the office hours? Did the fax machine notify you the reason why it cannot be delivered?

Its always busy, you wont get a fax tone, someone will just hang up, or the machine keeps on dialing the number and dont get any response at all. Yes I fax it during office hours. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Need to follow up with USPS seems their issue. Could it be your lawyers office? Also sure its not local USPS sorting office?

The zip code is the same as my attorney's office address but it makes no sense if USCIS sent my card there. It says delivered on a Saturday afternoon. I guess I'll need to find out on Monday. I'm just frustrated, angry, and tired at this point. I'll try to call the local USPS office on Monday, which seems to be a better way to call the 1-800 customer service number. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Aping27 said:

Its always busy, you wont get a fax tone, someone will just hang up, or the machine keeps on dialing the number and dont get any response at all. Yes I fax it during office hours. 

Then in that case, mailing your evidence will probably be the best way to get it done. Just follow up with customer service after the mail shows delivered.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

If your lawyer checked off 2b on g-28, he would get it.

Hmm I checked USCIS website and it's possible that the attorney's office is receiving that. But my question remains: if I've received all receipts, including the approval notice, shouldn't USCIS mail the card to me instead of my attorney? 

But anyway, it's very likely that they did send it over there. I'll call the office first thing in the morning just to confirm. I'm really hoping I can sort this out asap.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-your-form-g-28

• Sign your Form G-28 with a pen. The most common mistake we see is that the form is not signed.
  • When signing Part 4, remember to tell us your preferences for where you would like your notices and secure documents mailed (i.e. to you or to your attorney of record/accredited representative.)
  • Submit the original Form G-28 with the original (“wet”) signature. We will not accept a scan or photocopy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
17 minutes ago, NancyLyz said:

Hmm I checked USCIS website and it's possible that the attorney's office is receiving that. But my question remains: if I've received all receipts, including the approval notice, shouldn't USCIS mail the card to me instead of my attorney? 

But anyway, it's very likely that they did send it over there. I'll call the office first thing in the morning just to confirm. I'm really hoping I can sort this out asap.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-your-form-g-28

• Sign your Form G-28 with a pen. The most common mistake we see is that the form is not signed.
  • When signing Part 4, remember to tell us your preferences for where you would like your notices and secure documents mailed (i.e. to you or to your attorney of record/accredited representative.)
  • Submit the original Form G-28 with the original (“wet”) signature. We will not accept a scan or photocopy.

If I were you I would call my lawyer and find out if he or she has received my EAD Card!

Edited by simonvikih79

Timeline
1 minute ago, simonvikih79 said:

If I were you I would call my lawyer and find out if he or she has received my Green Card!

I'll do that first thing on Monday morning. THx!

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tried hellofax online not working. Trying cetrain apps not working as well. Lord USCIS is something else. May just mail it all.

My senator already submitted the evidence but that one is also waiting and now other expedite request needs evidence. Good old USCIS.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got to keep trying. Called Senator's office and said I would email them all the evidence and referral ID # to them and hopefully they can submit it.

I guess the best is to first do an expedite your own then goto Senator/congressman. We will see.

38 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Just got to keep trying. Called Senator's office and said I would email them all the evidence and referral ID # to them and hopefully they can submit it.

I guess the best is to first do an expedite your own then goto Senator/congressman. We will see.

Same situation for me, i am trying to FAX but number says busy. My case is in NBC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.