SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,801 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, Vintage girl said:

Wow that is such great news. I am so relieved for you guys. How come the doctor appointments are wide apart?  jeez that interview date happened quick. I am supper happy for you guys. I hope that everything go well with your interview.

The Doctor1 and Doctor2 are usually only 2 days apart, to give time from blood tests to be processed.  But, when I called I just said I would be willing to come in any day anytime in order to make it for my consulate interview.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Wouter Erwee said:

The Doctor1 and Doctor2 are usually only 2 days apart, to give time from blood tests to be processed.  But, when I called I just said I would be willing to come in any day anytime in order to make it for my consulate interview.

My apologies for asking so many questions. Did you struggle to get a interview in Sandton? it seems that the schedule of interview went quick. Did you first made the interview?

Another thing how many days did you guys wait for the NOA2?

So the hold up was not at the NVC but at the Sandton embassy? or do I understand wrong.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

My apologies for asking so many questions. Did you struggle to get a interview in Sandton? it seems that the schedule of interview went quick. Did you first made the interview?

Another thing how many days did you guys wait for the NOA2?

So the hold up was not at the NVC but at the Sandton embassy? or do I understand wrong.

NVC said that the packet had left for JHB and when you call the consulate, they say it's still at the NVC, haha.  But I believe my packet was maybe just laying there in JHB.  I just probably called the right person at the right time and 5 mins after my call we got an email from the consulate.

NOA1 - 18 July 2017

NOA2 - 13 Feb 2018 (215 days)

NVC Number - 26 Feb 2018

Interview - 29 Mar 2018

When I processed they online payment it took me to the schedule appointment page. (JHB only does K1 on Tue & Wed and only the last 2 weeks of every month) But all the dates were still open.  I could have selected an appointment for next week if I wanted, but I took a chance on the 29th and booked it.  You can always go back and change the date of your interview.  After that I called the doctor and pleaded for them to help me so that I can make my interview on the 29th.  Guess I got really lucky!!!!

No worries on the questions.  Ask if you have more.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Wouter Erwee said:

NVC said that the packet had left for JHB and when you call the consulate, they say it's still at the NVC, haha.  But I believe my packet was maybe just laying there in JHB.  I just probably called the right person at the right time and 5 mins after my call we got an email from the consulate.

NOA1 - 18 July 2017

NVC Number - 26 Feb 2018

Interview - 29 Mar 2018

When I processed they online payment it took me to the schedule appointment page. (JHB only does K1 on Tue & Wed and only the last 2 weeks of every month) But all the dates were still open.  I could have selected an appointment for next week if I wanted, but I took a chance on the 29th and booked it.  You can always go back and change the date of your interview.  After that I called the doctor and pleaded for them to help me so that I can make my interview on the 29th.  Guess I got really lucky!!!!

That's really great. I hope we get the NOA2 soon. I think I will feel better after the go ahead from the NOA2. At this moment this waiting is very frustrating for me. The unsure feeling. But we have a long way to go. Today 96 days since the NOA1. The INS Lawyer told us that they never waited more than 180 days for the NOA2. But guess with the back log you can't really estimate it. We just have to wait on it.

Are you the one going for the interview or is it your fiance?

Another thing, I am still working till  my interview date so I have to keep in mind the notice time too... But we don't want to wait any longer after the interview so I guess I just have to make a arrangement then to work 2 weeks notice.

Edited by Vintage girl

Timeline

WE ARE APPROVED!!!! YAY!! I will get more details and pass them to you all, Kerren is still on her way home. More to follow, but wanted to let you all know! Thank you for all your thoughts! I'll be back with info as soon as I can speak to Kerren. Yay!! 🇺🇸🇿🇦🇺🇸🇿🇦🇺🇸🇿🇦

Timeline
10 minutes ago, HOORAY7 said:

WE ARE APPROVED!!!! YAY!! I will get more details and pass them to you all, Kerren is still on her way home. More to follow, but wanted to let you all know! Thank you for all your thoughts! I'll be back with info as soon as I can speak to Kerren. Yay!! 🇺🇸🇿🇦🇺🇸🇿🇦🇺🇸🇿🇦

Ah that is wonderful news. I am super glad for you guys. Please do send us details. I have a ton of questions. But let her get over the shock and excitement first. You guys deserve it. I am so so happy for you. Enjoy the good news.

Timeline

This is fantastic news! Julie, what would the movies be without a little drama? In the nick of time, you and Kerren pulled through. It makes for a great story.

Wouter, wonderful to hear that the consulate responded to you and has scheduled your interview. As you wrote, it was the right person at the right time! 

Michael

8 hours ago, amaraimee said:

Hello everybody! My fiancé has his interview today at the Johannesburg Consulate, and I will be attending with him. I have a question about my Affadavit of Support (I-134), in the box where it asks your yearly salary, I used a pay stub of mine that I get every 2 weeks (the amount varies as I get paid hourly) and I multiplied it to make it into a years pay. Will they see this and think I exaggerated since I’m paid hourly or should I have written $xx.xx/hr even though it states /year? Any help is much appreciated :) thank you! 

good luck and pls update us after the interview when you can :)

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

3 hours ago, Wouter Erwee said:

Hi Guys,

Update from my side.  After we received our NVC Number Via email everything kind of stopped. The CEAC tracker said ready the day after we received our NVC number.  After waiting a few weeks and only being told to just wait by the consulate in JHB and NVC center in the US we finally got our email with packet 3 from the US consulate. ( I am a little suspicious of this, as our email from the consulate came 5mins after a call from me enquiring about the status, anyways...).  we managed to squeeze in our doctors appointments and our interview will be soon.

Doctor1 - 20 Mar

- Appointment at the doctor was effortless. Gave the documents, blood sample, pay R3000, then they send you to the XRAY center to complete your xray and thats it.

Doctor2 - 27 Mar 

Consulate Interview - 29 Mar

Good luck to everyone out there.

wow! good luck the rest of te way I am glad everything went so fast after the initial delay!

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

2 hours ago, Wouter Erwee said:

NOA1 - 18 July 2017

NVC Number - 26 Feb 2018

Interview - 29 Mar 2018

so once they sent you pkt 3 u logged on  and paid the DS160 am I understanding you correctly? and after paying the DS160  they took you to a page to pick your interview date?

1 hour ago, HOORAY7 said:

:jest::jest: SO HAPPY FOR YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline

Everyone thank you for your kind words of thoughts and support, really helps!!  We are approved and it feels like a huge weight off our shoulders.  A bit surreal now for Kerren as she begins to say her goodbye's to family and friends, which I know will not be easy for her or the boys. 

Here is how her interview went:

1.  Appointment was at 1pm, but as I requested her get there early in case there are any hiccups in traffic or weather or otherwise.  Thank goodness she did.  Apparently the consulate overbooks the interview times with more than one couple; she said there was like 20 people there for the 1pm interview time slot.  So Kerren suggests to get there early, an hour before your interview time.  Why, so you can at least be standing in the line to go in and be at the head of that line; especially because they book so many people for the same time slot.

2.  She was there for a max 2 hours from being in line to the end of the interview, but plan longer if you arrive closer to your interview time as you will be behind others slotted to be there for the same time slot.  Be prepared with a umbrella or something, she said it rained and hailed over a lot of people :(.

3.  She was complimented on how together her package was, we worked very hard on ensuring she had it all and then some.  And because of that, they limited how in depth her interview was.

4.  When you go in you will go to the 1st counter and hand over all your documents (we had 3 folders; folder one was all documents called out in your Packet 3 from the Consulate, folder two was all our proof of relationship and folder three was just everything we already sent in the first package just in case). You will only give them what they request and most you will get back too.

5.  Once you go to the first counter and give your package(s) then you will wait for your interview

6.  Her interview consisted of 3 questions (we were prepared for more than 25), but they asked:

a. Where did we meet

b.  When was her first trip to see me

c.  When was the last time we saw each other

7.  They did not ask the boys any questions, the boys were disappointed, but none the less we were ok with that lol

8. Again the lady complimented Kerren on having a well put together package, most people don't come in that prepared she said; so she was told several times you will have no issues being approved and she wasn't, she and us were approved!!

9.  After that, the way they told her she was approved was they stamped her tourist visa/passport no longer valid.....because she was APPROVED for the K1 Visa!!!  YAY!!

10. They told her it will take 5-10 days to receive the visa's, as we expected. 

11.  In the CEAC website you go to, you need to put there if you want courier service, that is with DHL and that is what Kerren did.  So she will be notified by DHL when the Visa's are ready for her to pick up and she will go pick them up.  I do not believe there is any charge for this since you are picking it up.  But I highly suggest using DHL, they are the most secure for postal items.

Kerren and the boys will now fly here 12 Apr (we believe that is plenty of time to get the visa's) and the we will be married on the 21st of April on Mount Rainier by my best friend to meet the K1 requirements and then have our big wedding next year with family and friends from both sides.

Like I said before, i'm not leaving VJ just because we are approved now, most people don't return.  But I want to answer anyone's questions along their journey and still share ours, we are not done.  We are just done with Phase 1.  But I also want to see everyone's journey's to success.  I'm always here for you all, so don't hesitate!  Keep the faith!

Julie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
59 minutes ago, HOORAY7 said:

Everyone thank you for your kind words of thoughts and support, really helps!!  We are approved and it feels like a huge weight off our shoulders.  A bit surreal now for Kerren as she begins to say her goodbye's to family and friends, which I know will not be easy for her or the boys. 

1.  Appointment was at 1pm, but as I requested her get there early in case there are any hiccups in traffic or weather or otherwise.  Thank goodness she did.  Apparently the consulate overbooks the interview times with more than one couple; she said there was like 20 people there for the 1pm interview time slot.  So Kerren suggests to get there early, an hour before your interview time.  Why, so you can at least be standing in the line to go in and be at the head of that line; especially because they book so many people for the same time slot.

2.  She was there for a max 2 hours from being in line to the end of the interview, but plan longer if you arrive closer to your interview time as you will be behind others slotted to be there for the same time slot.  Be prepared with a umbrella or something, she said it rained and hailed over a lot of people :(.

3.  She was complimented on how together her package was, we worked very hard on ensuring she had it all and then some.  And because of that, they limited how in depth her interview was.

4.  When you go in you will go to the 1st counter and hand over all your documents (we had 3 folders; folder one was all documents called out in your Packet 3 from the Consulate, folder two was all our proof of relationship and folder three was just everything we already sent in the first package just in case). You will only give them what they request and most you will get back too.

5.  Once you go to the first counter and give your package(s) then you will wait for your interview

6.  Her interview consisted of 3 questions (we were prepared for more than 25), but they asked:

a. Where did we meet

7.  They did not ask the boys any questions, the boys were disappointed, but none the less we were ok with that lol

8. Again the lady complimented Kerren on having a well put together package, most people don't come in that prepared she said; so she was told several times you will have no issues being approved and she wasn't, she and us were approved!!

9.  After that, the way they told her she was approved was they stamped her tourist visa/passport no longer valid.....because she was APPROVED for the K1 Visa!!!  YAY!!

11.  In the CEAC website you go to, you need to put there if you want courier service, that is with DHL and that is what Kerren did.  So she will be notified by DHL when the Visa's are ready for her to pick up and she will go pick them up.  I do not believe there is any charge for this since you are picking it up.  But I highly suggest using DHL, they are the most secure for postal items.

Kerren and the boys will now fly here 12 Apr (we believe that is plenty of time to get the visa's) and the we will be married on the 21st of April on Mount Rainier by my best friend to meet the K1 requirements and then have our big wedding next year with family and friends from both sides.

Like I said before, i'm not leaving VJ just because we are approved now, most people don't return.  But I want to answer anyone's questions along their journey and still share ours, we are not done.  We are just done with Phase 1.  But I also want to see everyone's journey's to success.  I'm always here for you all, so don't hesitate!  Keep the faith!

Julie

Hello!! I was at the Johannesburg Consulate today, I think I may have seen her and her boys! That’s so cool!! We were also approved today, yay for all of us!! :)

1 hour ago, LuFlolady said:

good luck and pls update us after the interview when you can :)

We were approved!!!! I will update soon :)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, amaraimee said:

Hello!! I was at the Johannesburg Consulate today, I think I may have seen her and her boys! That’s so cool!! We were also approved today, yay for all of us!! :)

We were approved!!!! I will update soon :)

Congratulations!!!  Yes, she kept asking what you all looked like and I said I don't know honey, lol.    Congratulations!!!  Glad it worked out, I saw your I-134 form post, but knew you were already there!  That is awesome news!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
24 minutes ago, HOORAY7 said:

Congratulations!!!  Yes, she kept asking what you all looked like and I said I don't know honey, lol.    Congratulations!!!  Glad it worked out, I saw your I-134 form post, but knew you were already there!  That is awesome news!!

Ahh that's so neat! As people kept passing by her boys asked "are they american?" haha it was cute. I'm so happy for you guys! It's such a hard process and it's nice to FINALLY have a breath of fresh air! The I-134 wasn't a problem, thankfully :)

6 hours ago, HOORAY7 said:

a. Where did we meet

Julie

I am so happy for you thank you for the detailed events of kerran's day I cant wait until my fiancé and I are at this point.... again CONGGRATS and im glad u are sticking around to help us out!

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.