SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,801 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, HOORAY7 said:

Hi everyone!

I wanted to pass along some more information that may help some of you, some at the bottom is repeated, but one can't over communicate:

It took a month for our letter to get to the NVC from USCIS, no idea why, but it took a month. BUT it moved very quickly after that.  USCIS approved us 15 Oct and it was received at NVC 13 Nov. Our response from NVC was then mailed to us on 16 Nov and I got it on 20 Nov and our package arrived to my fiancé embassy in South Africa on 22 Nov 17. 

NVC doesn't do a lot with the K1 Visa, they are merely a pass through to your fiancé embassy, so it "shouldn't" take long at the NVC, problem is USCIS mailing it....30 days?? 

The petitioner can start calling the NVC at 10-12 days, after your USCIS approval date,  to start asking if they received your package and if you have a case number yet.

Follow this:

1.  Best time to call is after 6pm Eastern Time, they are there until 10pm Eastern Time

2.  Call 603-334-0700

3.  Stay on or call back until you hear a ring and not a recording or listen to the recording as it may just direct you to push buttons

4.  You will press 1 for English when asked to

5.  Then you press 7, 5 or 2  to ask a question

6. Be prepared to be on hold, but stay on the line

7.  When they are ready to speak, you will then hear the line ring and they will ask you for your case number, this is the number on your I-797 Notice of Action (the USCIS number you've been tracking with for the last 5 or 6 months).

8.  Once you give them your case number they will look in their system; if they do not have it, they will tell you the same thing they tell everyone, that it could take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive.  I now know this is fact :) .  If it's not there, don't worry just call again in 3 days.  I called every 3 days until they told me they had it!!!

9.  They are SUPER nice at NVC, nothing like dealing with the USCIS, so it's refreshing :) 

10.  Next time(s) you call always provide them your case number and when they ask you for more information, the Petitioner's name and the fiancé name and birthdate, that means they have your package.

11.  At that point they will have your new case number(s), so always be prepared to have something to write on.  We received the new Case number (this will stay with you til the end and first 3 letters are the abbreviations of your embassy JHN for Joburg), a Invoice ID number and beneficiary ID.  So be prepared to have something to write on.

12.  Now you use this case number to check your CEAC status on when it is sent out to your embassy from NVC:

a. Go to https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx 

b. Under Visa application type - Select Immigrant Visa

c.  Under Immigrant Visa Case Number type in your new case number

d.  You will have one of a few answers to you query; at NVC, In Transit, Arrived or Ready.  "Ready" is the magic word.  That means that not only is your case at the Embassy, but it is already entered into the system.  After paying your visa fee, you can submit your DS-160 (http://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ ), then schedule your medical and work on scheduling your interview.  We could not schedule the interview until my fiancé had her medical, but what I suggest to people is after you schedule your medical; then schedule your interview for at least a week after your medical so the results have time to get to the embassy for the interview.  The medical was a 2 day process, spread over 3 days.  First day was all xrays and blood work, skip a day and then shots and discussion with dr.

Schedule interview at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ZA/iv (this will be in your instructions for packet 3.

13.  Keep an eye on your emails as the Embassy/Consulate will send "packet3" instructions via email to one or both of you.

Best of luck everyone!!  Always here to help answer any questions; keep the faith!!  I will keep you posted on Kerren's interview, set for Tues, 20 Mar at 1300!

Julie

THANK YOU! and no worries you guys are already approved

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

My application is for spouse. I understand that it doesnt matter. I am still waiting for them to unlock the fees section.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 minutes ago, waiting561 said:

My application is for spouse. I understand that it doesnt matter. I am still waiting for them to unlock the fees section.

@waiting561  I'm not familiar with your IR-1/CR-1process I'm sorry, not sure what it means for them to unlock the fee section.  Sorry :( 

Timeline
1 hour ago, HOORAY7 said:

Hi everyone!

I wanted to pass along some more information that may help some of you, some at the bottom is repeated, but one can't over communicate:

It took a month for our letter to get to the NVC from USCIS, no idea why, but it took a month. BUT it moved very quickly after that.  USCIS approved us 15 Oct and it was received at NVC 13 Nov. Our response from NVC was then mailed to us on 16 Nov and I got it on 20 Nov and our package arrived to my fiancé embassy in South Africa on 22 Nov 17. 

NVC doesn't do a lot with the K1 Visa, they are merely a pass through to your fiancé embassy, so it "shouldn't" take long at the NVC, problem is USCIS mailing it....30 days?? 

The petitioner can start calling the NVC at 10-12 days, after your USCIS approval date,  to start asking if they received your package and if you have a case number yet.

Follow this:

1.  Best time to call is after 6pm Eastern Time, they are there until 10pm Eastern Time

2.  Call 603-334-0700

3.  Stay on or call back until you hear a ring and not a recording or listen to the recording as it may just direct you to push buttons

4.  You will press 1 for English when asked to

5.  Then you press 7, 5 or 2  to ask a question

6. Be prepared to be on hold, but stay on the line

7.  When they are ready to speak, you will then hear the line ring and they will ask you for your case number, this is the number on your I-797 Notice of Action (the USCIS number you've been tracking with for the last 5 or 6 months).

8.  Once you give them your case number they will look in their system; if they do not have it, they will tell you the same thing they tell everyone, that it could take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive.  I now know this is fact :) .  If it's not there, don't worry just call again in 3 days.  I called every 3 days until they told me they had it!!!

9.  They are SUPER nice at NVC, nothing like dealing with the USCIS, so it's refreshing :) 

10.  Next time(s) you call always provide them your case number and when they ask you for more information, the Petitioner's name and the fiancé name and birthdate, that means they have your package.

11.  At that point they will have your new case number(s), so always be prepared to have something to write on.  We received the new Case number (this will stay with you til the end and first 3 letters are the abbreviations of your embassy JHN for Joburg), a Invoice ID number and beneficiary ID.  So be prepared to have something to write on.

12.  Now you use this case number to check your CEAC status on when it is sent out to your embassy from NVC:

a. Go to https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx 

b. Under Visa application type - Select Immigrant Visa

c.  Under Immigrant Visa Case Number type in your new case number

d.  You will have one of a few answers to you query; at NVC, In Transit, Arrived or Ready.  "Ready" is the magic word.  That means that not only is your case at the Embassy, but it is already entered into the system.  After paying your visa fee, you can submit your DS-160 (http://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ ), then schedule your medical and work on scheduling your interview.  We could not schedule the interview until my fiancé had her medical, but what I suggest to people is after you schedule your medical; then schedule your interview for at least a week after your medical so the results have time to get to the embassy for the interview.  The medical was a 2 day process, spread over 3 days.  First day was all xrays and blood work, skip a day and then shots and discussion with dr.

Schedule interview at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ZA/iv (this will be in your instructions for packet 3.

13.  Keep an eye on your emails as the Embassy/Consulate will send "packet3" instructions via email to one or both of you.

Best of luck everyone!!  Always here to help answer any questions; keep the faith!!  I will keep you posted on Kerren's interview, set for Tues, 20 Mar at 1300!

Julie

Hi Everybody,

Just a quick heads up.  All the info above is excellent. Thanks Julie for everything.  Just my 2 cents.  The "READY" status is not all it's made out to be.  Our case has been READY since 27 Feb and this is where we are stuck.  The consulate in Johannesburg says they do not have our package and the NCV say wait 4-6 weeks.  We can not move forward (pay Fee, schedule Medical & Interview) till the Joburg Consulate contacts me with packet 3 email...

If anyone has any input please comment.

Thanks again Julie!!!

Wouter

6 hours ago, Wouter Erwee said:

Hi Everybody,

Just a quick heads up.  All the info above is excellent. Thanks Julie for everything.  Just my 2 cents.  The "READY" status is not all it's made out to be.  Our case has been READY since 27 Feb and this is where we are stuck.  The consulate in Johannesburg says they do not have our package and the NCV say wait 4-6 weeks.  We can not move forward (pay Fee, schedule Medical & Interview) till the Joburg Consulate contacts me with packet 3 email...

If anyone has any input please comment.

Thanks again Julie!!!

Wouter

Sorry to here this have u tried speaking to a supervisor or contacting ur local congressmen to put in an inquiry at the embassy in Joburg?

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline

Guys did you see this :

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/workload-transfer-vermont-service-center-california-service-center-0

And did you guy see the news with the TRUMP petition from SA Refugees?

http://freewestmedia.com/2018/03/03/thousands-sign-petition-asking-trump-to-allow-white-sa-refugees/

Will this effect our petitions if Trump decide to keep SA foreigners out of USA?

Gosh I am so stressed about this. I am really worried about our K1 applications. Do I need to be stressed about this?

4 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Guys did you see this :

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/workload-transfer-vermont-service-center-california-service-center-0

And did you guy see the news with the TRUMP petition from SA Refugees?

http://freewestmedia.com/2018/03/03/thousands-sign-petition-asking-trump-to-allow-white-sa-refugees/

Will this effect our petitions if Trump decide to keep SA foreigners out of USA?

Gosh I am so stressed about this. I am really worried about our K1 applications. Do I need to be stressed about this?

i wouldn't let these things stress you! sounds like a bunch of political rhetoric that carries no weight in my opinion and as far as the transfer of the workload I think we are good no worries

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline

Good day everyone! So somehow my fiancé was able to get her unabridged birth certificate at Home Affairs faster than the normal process, she said she paid someone or a company that does this quicker for people? Anyways, her interview is in 2 days!  We are super excited and nervous!  Thank you for all the well wishes, I will keep you all posted of our results and how the interview went so I can pass any information to you all.

Anyone out there with your fiancé in the Seattle area?  Would help Kerren know she could have some local ties close and we would love to stay in touch, FYI.

More to follow, hope everyone has a good week with progress!

Julie

17 hours ago, HOORAY7 said:

Good day everyone! So somehow my fiancé was able to get her unabridged birth certificate at Home Affairs faster than the normal process, she said she paid someone or a company that does this quicker for people? Anyways, her interview is in 2 days!  We are super excited and nervous!  Thank you for all the well wishes, I will keep you all posted of our results and how the interview went so I can pass any information to you all.

Anyone out there with your fiancé in the Seattle area?  Would help Kerren know she could have some local ties close and we would love to stay in touch, FYI.

Julie

yaaaaaay! glad everything worked out good luck tomorrow! cant wait to read the good news

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline
On 3/19/2018 at 7:00 AM, HOORAY7 said:

Julie

Wow I am ecstatic about the news. I am super glad that she got hold of the Unabridged birth certificate. We will all send you guys positive energy so that the interview goes well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hello everybody! My fiancé has his interview today at the Johannesburg Consulate, and I will be attending with him. I have a question about my Affadavit of Support (I-134), in the box where it asks your yearly salary, I used a pay stub of mine that I get every 2 weeks (the amount varies as I get paid hourly) and I multiplied it to make it into a years pay. Will they see this and think I exaggerated since I’m paid hourly or should I have written $xx.xx/hr even though it states /year? Any help is much appreciated :) thank you! 

Timeline
On 3/19/2018 at 7:00 AM, HOORAY7 said:

Julie

Any News on the interview at Sandton today? Can't wait to hear how it was and how she experienced the interview.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Update from my side.  After we received our NVC Number Via email everything kind of stopped. The CEAC tracker said ready the day after we received our NVC number.  After waiting a few weeks and only being told to just wait by the consulate in JHB and NVC center in the US we finally got our email with packet 3 from the US consulate. ( I am a little suspicious of this, as our email from the consulate came 5mins after a call from me enquiring about the status, anyways...).  we managed to squeeze in our doctors appointments and our interview will be soon.

Doctor1 - 20 Mar

- Appointment at the doctor was effortless. Gave the documents, blood sample, pay R3000, then they send you to the XRAY center to complete your xray and thats it.

Doctor2 - 27 Mar 

Consulate Interview - 29 Mar

Good luck to everyone out there.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wouter Erwee said:

Hi Guys,

Update from my side.  After we received our NVC Number Via email everything kind of stopped. The CEAC tracker said ready the day after we received our NVC number.  After waiting a few weeks and only being told to just wait by the consulate in JHB and NVC center in the US we finally got our email with packet 3 from the US consulate. ( I am a little suspicious of this, as our email from the consulate came 5mins after a call from me enquiring about the status, anyways...).  we managed to squeeze in our doctors appointments and our interview will be soon.

Doctor1 - 20 Mar

- Appointment at the doctor was effortless. Gave the documents, blood sample, pay R3000, then they send you to the XRAY center to complete your xray and thats it.

Doctor2 - 27 Mar 

Consulate Interview - 29 Mar

Good luck to everyone out there.

Wow that is such great news. I am so relieved for you guys. How come the doctor appointments are wide apart?  jeez that interview date happened quick. I am supper happy for you guys. I hope that everything go well with your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.