18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have created this to see if anyone can give some specific insight or details in filing Spouse Visa for a spouse in Ghana. I filed on the 9th of this month (February) and received my I-797 letter today the 19th. I do plan on sending the I-129 by Thursday this week. Is there anything I should expect or make sure not to forget. I am sending almost an identical file as I sent for the I-130 but is there anything i need to add or update?? Can you guys give me some timelines too I love reading other ppls stories I am just having a tough time sorting through all these other threads??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It became  an option when CR1 was taking 2 - 3 years as a way to get  spouses here faster but now that cr1 is taking a year it's pointless 

Edited by EandH0904

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I filed a K3 in August 2016 , it went to the Nebraska Service Center. My petition wasn't approved until March 2017(no RFES). This journey took us 18 months, we had some uncessary delays on our part due to ,having to find another co-sponsor and a checklist at the NVC. But the journey still wouldve taken 15-18 months. The K3 is obsolete, what they did with ours was that when it was time to review our case, they reviewed the i-130 and canceled the i-129F.They will still take your money though. 

Edited by myheart0628

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, myheart0628 said:

I filed a K3 in August 2016 , it went to the Nebraska Service Center. My petition wasn't approved until March 2017(no RFES). This journey took us 18 months, we had some uncessary delays on our part due to ,having to find another co-sponsor and a checklist at the NVC. But the journey still wouldve taken 15-18 months. The K3 is obsolete, what they did with ours was that when it was time to review our case, they reviewed the i-130 and canceled the i-129F.They will still take your money though. 

There is no fee associated with filing an I-129F for a spouse. It's just a waste of time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tasiedu08 said:

So there is no way at all to speed this process up for him to at least get here until it processes. ok now I'm anxious!

There is no way to speed up the process it is hell no need to lie to you I would advise you research this site get all your research done so that you will be able to get your evidence in order try to get letters from Friends families on both your end have all your pictures that you have taken since your visit passport stamps any joint documents you are getting ready to go through a war so have all your things in order in order to win it is hell but I wish you luck and definitely you can make it but it will take time that is my opinion on the process someone else can tell you what they

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tasiedu08 said:

So there is no way at all to speed this process up for him to at least get here until it processes. ok now I'm anxious!

No, and the K3 process stopped saving more than a few weeks of time apart back 2006.  The law that created it has not been repealed, but both the Dept. of State and more recently, USCIS have implemented policies that have effectively killed it, since February 1, 2010.  In November, 2006 USCIS policy changes assured only a few weeks of time difference.  This is all documented but you have to read ALL the information available on government sites to see it and understand it, or just read a few posts in the K3 forum here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Your explained it very well and I understand it fully. I have decided not to send it and allow the Spouse visa to process completely. I want to put one more rumor to bed. I am due to go back in August could I make a trip to the embassy? Or request his interview is scheduled around that time?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tasiedu08 said:

Your explained it very well and I understand it fully. I have decided not to send it and allow the Spouse visa to process completely. I want to put one more rumor to bed. I am due to go back in August could I make a trip to the embassy? Or request his interview is scheduled around that time?

No.  When your case is complete at both USCIS and NVC, NVC will set the visa interview date.  You could request it be delayed, but unless you filed in May or June of 2017, the interview will not be as soon as August, 2018.  They are not concerned about your convenience or expense.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Ok I’m just baffled at the responses now. I read the USCIS website over and over and they seem pretty well put together and organized. So you mean to tell me filling February 2018 I’m looking at a interview date in 2019 😢

Timeline
On 2/20/2018 at 9:25 PM, EandH0904 said:

The k3 is practically obsolete. They approve maybe 100 a year vs 79,000 CR1 visas. I wouldn't waste your time with it. 

Screenshot_20180208-191031.jpg

OK looking closer at this it is better to still file the i-129 or am i reading this wrong. Please explain this a little more please.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Tasiedu08 said:

OK looking closer at this it is better to still file the i-129 or am i reading this wrong. Please explain this a little more please.....

If you think you have a chance of being one of the 100 out of all of them, of course you can. There's no harm in trying. It doesn't affect you in a negative way, we are just advising you thst on the realistic side, it prob won't work. 

I think you heard or read that the I-130 takes roughly 6 months to approve, and it does. However then you have to go through the National Visa Center, submit any paperwork they request  (and of course pay all their fees) and when they are satisfied, they schedule the interview. The NVC process takes roughly 6 months if you have all fees and paperwork ready to go from day 1. If not for some people it takes longer. The whole process is roughly 12-14 months start to finish.  Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/22/2018 at 4:49 AM, Tasiedu08 said:

Ok I’m just baffled at the responses now. I read the USCIS website over and over and they seem pretty well put together and organized. So you mean to tell me filling February 2018 I’m looking at a interview date in 2019 😢

Yes 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.