Eu_Sou_Douglas

Timeline from NVC (In Transit) to Interview (Ready)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

NVC has sent our petition to the Embassy/Consulate in Rio De Janeiro, which is the only location in Brazil that processes K1 visas.  Currently our status on the CEAC website says 'In Transit'.  NVC emailed us that our case was being sent 4 days ago.  My question is:  "Does anyone know the approximate timeline from NVC (In Transit) to when the Consultate will email us the information we need to schedule our interview?"  We completed our DS-160 online 2 days ago.  Just looking for an approximation, as we have held off everything with the wedding until we knew when we would be closer to getting her Visa.

This site, and its members, have been an incredible lifeline throughout this long process.  I can't thank everyone enough for the information they've shared up to this point.  

Edited by Eu_Sou_Douglas
gooder grammar

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello!  You should hear any day now.  You can call the NVC and they will tell you when the interview is schedule for.  That's what I did and then i received via email and mail the letter of schedule interview.  We just finished purchasing our plane tickets and booked our hotel.  Good luck!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/17/2018 at 1:57 PM, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

NVC has sent our petition to the Embassy/Consulate in Rio De Janeiro, which is the only location in Brazil that processes K1 visas.  Currently our status on the CEAC website says 'In Transit'.  NVC emailed us that our case was being sent 4 days ago.  My question is:  "Does anyone know the approximate timeline from NVC (In Transit) to when the Consultate will email us the information we need to schedule our interview?"  We completed our DS-160 online 2 days ago.  Just looking for an approximation, as we have held off everything with the wedding until we knew when we would be closer to getting her Visa.

This site, and its members, have been an incredible lifeline throughout this long process.  I can't thank everyone enough for the information they've shared up to this point.  

Hello!  You should hear any day now.  You can call the NVC and they will tell you when the interview is schedule for.  That's what I did and then i received via email and mail the letter of schedule interview a couple of days later.  We just finished purchasing our plane tickets and booked our hotel.  Good luck!

event.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello. I received an email from nvc yesterday telling me that my case was in transit and that I should fill out the ds 160. After I filled that out I logged in to their website that schedules the appointment, I  couldn't go further when I put my nvc number, it said it wasn't ready, though the ceac updated to ready before I tried that. Should I wait for an email from the consulate or should I call nvc and ask for the interview date? I thought we could book the interview ourselves

Timeline
3 hours ago, SanRob said:

Hello. I received an email from nvc yesterday telling me that my case was in transit and that I should fill out the ds 160. 

SanRob - did you use your NVC case number to login to the website? If I remember correctly you have to use the case number assigned for / or by the consulate. For example, our interview was in Rio de Janeiro so our case number started with RDJ. That should be the case number you want to use

event.png

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

SanRob - did you use your NVC case number to login to the website? If I remember correctly you have to use the case number assigned for / or by the consulate. For example, our interview was in Rio de Janeiro so our case number started with RDJ. That should be the case number you want to use

Thank you. Did you log in to the website to schedule the interview right away or did you receive an email from the consulate?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone.  So on March 22, I received am email from NVC saying they received our I-129F application.  Also, on the same day, I received an  email fro NVC stating they already sent the application to the consulate and that my fiance and I were approved for expedited processing.  It's been over 2 weeks since we've heard anything from the consulate.  Should I email the consulate asking if they received the application?  Or wait a little longer?

Also, should my fiance and I begin to work on the DS-160 already without actually knowing an interview date? 

Thank you!!

Timeline

Hey everyone.  So on March 22, I received am email from NVC saying they received our I-129F application.  Also, on the same day, I received an  email from NVC stating they already sent the application to the consulate and that my fiance and I were approved for expedited processing.  It's been over 2 weeks since we haven't heard anything from the consulate.  Should I email the consulate asking if they received the application?  Or wait a little longer?

Also, should my fiance and I begin to work on the DS-160 already without actually knowing an interview date? 

Thank you!!

Timeline
On 4/7/2018 at 7:34 PM, edmtn said:

Hey everyone.  So on March 22, I received am email from NVC saying they received our I-129F application.  Also, on the same day, I received an  email from NVC stating they already sent the application to the consulate and that my fiance and I were approved for expedited processing.  It's been over 2 weeks since we haven't heard anything from the consulate.  Should I email the consulate asking if they received the application?  Or wait a little longer?

Thank you!!

Yes, definitely complete your DS-160 online and pay the fee.  This will assign you a number that you will need and allow you to schedule your Interview as soon as you receive the email from the Consulate that your status is 'Ready for Interview'.  One piece of advice when you complete the DS-160, save as you go and watch the idle timeout session limit as I lost information I had entered on the page/screen because my session timed out and I had to enter it all over again.

Our NOA was January 16th, NVC approved our case on February 13th, and then we got our 'Ready for Interview' email from the Consulate on February 22nd.  If you have not received your email from them by now I would contact them by sending an email to ImmigrationRio@state.gov.  My understanding was they do not accept phone calls regarding case status for Visas.  FYI - Once we went to make our appointment the soonest available was 4-5 weeks out, so that will be your next long delay.  My fiance's POE date is April 26th and I am literally counting the days.  Hang in there, you are getting VERY close! 

event.png

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

Yes, definitely complete your DS-160 online and pay the fee.  This will assign you a number that you will need and allow you to schedule your Interview as soon as you receive the email from the Consulate that your status is 'Ready for Interview'.  One piece of advice when you complete the DS-160, save as you go and watch the idle timeout session limit as I lost information I had entered on the page/screen because my session timed out and I had to enter it all over again.

Our NOA was January 16th, NVC approved our case on February 13th, and then we got our 'Ready for Interview' email from the Consulate on February 22nd.  If you have not received your email from them by now I would contact them by sending an email to ImmigrationRio@state.gov.  My understanding was they do not accept phone calls regarding case status for Visas.  FYI - Once we went to make our appointment the soonest available was 4-5 weeks out, so that will be your next long delay.  My fiance's POE date is April 26th and I am literally counting the days.  Hang in there, you are getting VERY close! 

I appreciate the advice and help!  I will send the consulate an email very soon in regards to our case!  

I started the DS-160 yesterday, and I did notice how fast the system can timeout, it's crazy!  

We have all the documents we need for the interview (police records, birth certificates, etc.) So I believe we're more than ready for this to happen.  

Thank you again! 

• 1 month later...
On 17/02/2018 at 4:57 PM, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

Hi there!

So 1 week ago I received and email from NVC informing that NVC sent our case to the consulate in Rio de Janeiro and that it has approved the request for expedited processing of the k1 visa. It said that the consulate will send an email to schedule the interview.  So I'm waiting for the consulate email with the information and instructions to schedule the interview.

While waiting for the email, we're preparing the documents. I took a look at the consulate website and once we receive the instructions email we can check if there's any document missing or anything else to add.

Question 1: Have you already received the instructions email with the list of all the documents to be provided at the interview in Rio (copies and originals) and if so, would you mind sharing the list of requested documents?

Question 2: My fiance (petitioner) filled in the I-134 form (Affidavit), signed and dated it. But as for the documents that have to go with it (statement from work and statement from the bank), do they have to be originals or are copies ok? On the form instructions it says copies but I've heard that most people bring the originals. My fiance sent me the copies because his work emailed him the statement...so we don't have an original for that, would it be ok for the interview??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, SC2018 said:

Hi there!

So 1 week ago I received and email from NVC informing that NVC sent our case to the consulate in Rio de Janeiro and that it has approved the request for expedited processing of the k1 visa. It said that the consulate will send an email to schedule the interview.  So I'm waiting for the consulate email with the information and instructions to schedule the interview.

While waiting for the email, we're preparing the documents. I took a look at the consulate website and once we receive the instructions email we can check if there's any document missing or anything else to add.

Question 1: Have you already received the instructions email with the list of all the documents to be provided at the interview in Rio (copies and originals) and if so, would you mind sharing the list of requested documents?

Question 2: My fiance (petitioner) filled in the I-134 form (Affidavit), signed and dated it. But as for the documents that have to go with it (statement from work and statement from the bank), do they have to be originals or are copies ok? On the form instructions it says copies but I've heard that most people bring the originals. My fiance sent me the copies because his work emailed him the statement...so we don't have an original for that, would it be ok for the interview??

Signatures don't even need to be original on Affidavits.  

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.