IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 6:47 AM, IssaCaptureFL said:

No your actual state Senator. For example Marco Rubio is one of Florida’s senators. He was an amazing help throughout my journey. 

They help citizens with that or you worked for them? How did you get in contact with them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 6:50 AM, IssaCaptureFL said:

Correct. They asked for both marriage certificates for both my Fiancé and I along with his divorce certificate. I believe the person who is in Haiti has to provide both, they claim it’s to verify if the names change which I don’t understand how a mans name would change after a divorce. 

And we sent the original copies. They gave him back everything in his visa package when he was approved. 

Thank you I am getting mine ready to send to him

Timeline
4 hours ago, 100%pozitiF#love said:

They help citizens with that or you worked for them? How did you get in contact with them?

They help anyone as long as you live in the state. Call them or walk-in the always have an office make sure you bring all your documents 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Nephie said:

They help anyone as long as you live in the state. Call them or walk-in the always have an office make sure you bring all your documents 

32 minutes ago, Nephie said:

Thanks for the info

On 10/12/2019 at 7:23 AM, 100%pozitiF#love said:

Is it the senator in my district or the state. I was looking online I saw they have several 

The senator is your state (each state has 2) and your congressperson is your local district. Search your zip code and you will see and then request help from them. They will make you fill out a privacy form and then they can help you.  

Timeline

Hello everyone. It has been a while. First i would like to say thank you to whomever created this thread. This thread has helped me tremendously throughout my K1 visa process. Just a little update. My Fiance visa was approved back in March. He came to the state on April 6th. We got married April 15th. We sent the AOS application on April 22nd. We got our interview on October 3rd and He received his green card on October 9th. The AOS process took almost 6 months. We applied for the work permit, but never received it. 

For those of you who are going through this process i just want to say hang in there. It can be very stressful, but the end result worth it. I know things might not look too good with the way things are going in Haiti, but remain focused. This shall pass. I hope everyone gets to experience the same feeling my feelings are experiencing right now. Once again thanks to everyone in this thread for their words of encouragement and the guidance.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Our K1 journey 
11/19/18: I-129f sent
03/22/19: NOA2 received
04/17/19: case # from NVC
05/06/19: embassy received
05/08/19: we recieved packet 3
05/22/19: we sent our Documents
Waited 3 months for an interview date.
08/22/19:  interview (Placed on AP for not visiting enough)  2 visits in 7 yrs. CO requests dual interview. 
09/24/19: we had dual interview canceled ( due to the conditions of Haiti)
10/08/19: Embassy called to send his passport 
10/21/19: passport received 
10/22/19: Case Approved 
10/23/19: Issued
10/25/19: pasport ready for pickup @DHL
10/26/19: Pasport picked up @dhl and Entry to the US.

God is good! Patience and courage!

Timeline

I am truly worried right about now... i just read on the uscis website that they're closing down the port au prince immigration office permanently on December 20th, any on here knows anyone that works within the immigration that could belp us feel at ease as far as what are they planning to do with those of us still being processing 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gigi2018 said:

I am truly worried right about now... i just read on the uscis website that they're closing down the port au prince immigration office permanently on December 20th, any on here knows anyone that works within the immigration that could belp us feel at ease as far as what are they planning to do with those of us still being processing 

Are you filing DCF if so everything will go thru nvc and embassy. If you love in Haiti and have not filed you would have to file state side

Timeline
Just now, Justus Forever said:

Are you filing DCF if so everything will go thru nvc and embassy. If you love in Haiti and have not filed you would have to file state side

I already filled, almost 6 months gone now I'm still waiting for my approval letter. Please kindly do elaborate a little bit more for me please, how do you mean  state side? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gigi2018 said:

I already filled, almost 6 months gone now I'm still waiting for my approval letter. Please kindly do elaborate a little bit more for me please, how do you mean  state side? 

If you already filed this will not bother your case. What I mean by state side if I was living in Haiti with my husband I wouldn't be able to file now DCF and go to the immigration office. I would have to file to the address here in the USA. So all the people who lives in Haiti can no longer file DCF they will have to now go the long haul like everyone else now and wait the Linda months not the short months

Edited by Justus Forever

Timeline
16 hours ago, Justus Forever said:

If you already filed this will not bother your case. What I mean by state side if I was living in Haiti with my husband I wouldn't be able to file now DCF and go to the immigration office. I would have to file to the address here in the USA. So all the people who lives in Haiti can no longer file DCF they will have to now go the long haul like everyone else now and wait the Linda months not the short months

Ok thank you very much..... i just pray that they work on my case sooner than later.....

Hello everyone 

i just wanted to update today we have been approved for our AOS permanent residence. It took our case 5 months from filing our AOS to get an approval. So even if you get held up at one point In the journey like we did it seems to make up later just stay 💪🏾 strong . 

It has been a long journey and conditions in Haiti have been horrible throughout I continue to pray always and send my love and support to all that are still going through the struggle of waiting and worrying. My advice is that once a case is in the US system regardless of the status in Haiti it will process through and if you have a worry call the help desk and request an expedited due to the conditions and  go to the consulate and request information because things are just sad at this time as they were when my husbands K1 was approved.

we are thankful just stay strong everyone Christ will prevail 

5 hours ago, Gigi2018 said:

Ok thank you very much..... i just pray that they work on my case sooner than later.....

Haiti is one of the 13 Uscis field office the trump Administration will be closing but they will still process tourist visas, business visas and green card applications as of yet hope this helps 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.