IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

Congratulations I have waited a long time to see you get to this point in the process I’m very happy God Bless you guys 

@Juliette2784 how is it going for your AOS i-485? I've been waiting since May to get my EAD

5 minutes ago, Joey.C said:

@Juliette2784 how is it going for your AOS i-485? I've been waiting since May to get my EAD

We just did our biometric appt on the 1st so I think we have some wait time ahead based on what seems to be the wait time so we are just patiently waiting they said 3-5 months now but I’m hoping it’s sooner . We had a hiccup when we first sent the AOS package we sent 25 dollars too much 🙄 so they sent it back and we had to correct that and send it so it held us back a month but we are on track now so keep me posted on how everything goes and hope all is well 

Timeline
9 hours ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

After 11 months in administrative Processing  my fiancé visa was finally approved. It’s been such a stressful journey for both of us but I think god for putting us through this because it made us stronger and gain patience something both him and I lacked. We started this journey back in December 2017!!! This forum has helped me in so many ways, no question was ever left unanswered. Thank you to everyone who helped us along the way. All were waiting on is the visa to be printed and mailed. For those who are wondering here’s our loooonnnngg time line. 

December 7th 2017 sent application to USCIS 

December 8th recieved 

*USCIS recieved date December 13th

June 27th Approved 

July 5th sent to NVC

July 15th  Transit

July 18th paid 

Interview scheduled on July 19th for September 4th. 

September 4th 2018- Interview: Placed on AP due to not having original Divorce & Marriage License. Asked for additional chat logs from October 2016 (I sent January 2017 through 2018 chat logs)

Marriage and Divorce certificates took 4.5 months due to inbetween riots and Haiti slow processing along with a whole bunch of in-between B.S

February 6th 2019 documents sent 

February 7th Haiti starts 1.5 week protest which caused DHL and embassy to be closed. 

February 18th Documents arrived was advised to wait 60 days for answer 

April 4thth contact embassy was advised to be patient 

April 9th wrote Senator on the issue 

April 18th senator stated they sent the embassy a letter. 

Updated on the April 20th & 23rd

April 24th embassy calls fiancée and advised him to a package at DHL on April 26th. Packet states he need a new Medical 

April 29th medical completed 

May 3rd Medical mailed to the embassy 

May 7th received/updated

May 15th case update 

May 17th case update 

May 24th case update 

May 29 Case update 

June 21, 2019 case update 

July 17th Emailed Senator again

August 2nd - Email US Ambassador for Haiti 

August 5th - Case changed from AP to Ready 

August 6th Case changed to application received and changed from Immigration Visa to Nonimmgration visa. Received a follow up email from embassy stating the visa was approved. 

August 7 - Called to confirm status, I was advised the visa has been issued. 

OMG I’m very happy for you!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

We just did our biometric appt on the 1st so I think we have some wait time ahead based on what seems to be the wait time so we are just patiently waiting they said 3-5 months now but I’m hoping it’s sooner . We had a hiccup when we first sent the AOS package we sent 25 dollars too much 🙄 so they sent it back and we had to correct that and send it so it held us back a month but we are on track now so keep me posted on how everything goes and hope all is well 

Ok everything is going to be ok for you too. We've been going through this together😊God is able

13 hours ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

After 11 months in administrative Processing  my fiancé visa was finally approved. It’s been such a stressful journey for both of us but I think god for putting us through this because it made us stronger and gain patience something both him and I lacked. We started this journey back in December 2017!!! This forum has helped me in so many ways, no question was ever left unanswered. Thank you to everyone who helped us along the way. All were waiting on is the visa to be printed and mailed. For those who are wondering here’s our loooonnnngg time line. 

December 7th 2017 sent application to USCIS 

December 8th recieved 

*USCIS recieved date December 13th

June 27th Approved 

July 5th sent to NVC

July 15th  Transit

July 18th paid 

Interview scheduled on July 19th for September 4th. 

September 4th 2018- Interview: Placed on AP due to not having original Divorce & Marriage License. Asked for additional chat logs from October 2016 (I sent January 2017 through 2018 chat logs)

Marriage and Divorce certificates took 4.5 months due to inbetween riots and Haiti slow processing along with a whole bunch of in-between B.S

February 6th 2019 documents sent 

February 7th Haiti starts 1.5 week protest which caused DHL and embassy to be closed. 

February 18th Documents arrived was advised to wait 60 days for answer 

April 4thth contact embassy was advised to be patient 

April 9th wrote Senator on the issue 

April 18th senator stated they sent the embassy a letter. 

Updated on the April 20th & 23rd

April 24th embassy calls fiancée and advised him to a package at DHL on April 26th. Packet states he need a new Medical 

April 29th medical completed 

May 3rd Medical mailed to the embassy 

May 7th received/updated

May 15th case update 

May 17th case update 

May 24th case update 

May 29 Case update 

June 21, 2019 case update 

July 17th Emailed Senator again

August 2nd - Email US Ambassador for Haiti 

August 5th - Case changed from AP to Ready 

August 6th Case changed to application received and changed from Immigration Visa to Nonimmgration visa. Received a follow up email from embassy stating the visa was approved. 

August 7 - Called to confirm status, I was advised the visa has been issued. 

Congratulations 🎊🎊🎊finally

3 hours ago, Joey.C said:

Ok everything is going to be ok for you too. We've been going through this together😊God is able

Amen yes he is I am Thankful for his mercy and blessings and for giving us all strength and each other through this journey 

Timeline

They called my fiance was contacted by the embassy today. They advised him to pick up the visa from the embassy tomorrow morning. This is a little different I thought they would of had him pick it up from DHL.

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Timeline

@IssaCaptureFL OMG CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!!!! I am

soooooo happy for you!!!!! You know if anyone knows how you feel it’s deff me! It’s been a while but I’m sooo happy your visa case had a happy ending!!! I pray the rest of your journey is as smooth as butter! ❤️👏🏿🎉

Timeline
59 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

@IssaCaptureFL OMG CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!!!! I am

soooooo happy for you!!!!! You know if anyone knows how you feel it’s deff me! It’s been a while but I’m sooo happy your visa case had a happy ending!!! I pray the rest of your journey is as smooth as butter! ❤️👏🏿🎉

Yesss lol we went through the same struggle!! Thank you so much for all your help and for listening to all of my venting. 

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys, my fiance had the interview today. The CO requested a dual interview. Because, We have been together for 7 years, I visited him twice. Since I'm a us citizen can just walk in with my fiance for the interview? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Anna J1920 said:

Hey guys, my fiance had the interview today. The CO requested a dual interview. Because, We have been together for 7 years, I visited him twice. Since I'm a us citizen can just walk in with my fiance for the interview? 

I would definitely call the embassy or email them to inquiry about the proper steps needed. Just to be on the safe side. 

Timeline

Hello all. We had an interview on July 31st, was place on AP with no specific reason given, just that the case requires more review, they will call us when done. My patience is running out. What can i do?

Timeline

I have been calling and calling. At the interview he was ask a lot of question: how long i've been a nurse, when did i visit and was my trip purpose to see him, why did i visit when he was still legally marry(she was stuck in this question, like she never heard ppl get seperated and not yet divorce)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.