IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Good morning guys I just wanted to ask if anyone have any idea, can uscis denied a i 130 after it has been approved?

Because I  received an approval letter for my i 130 from them and one day later another letter stating that they have reopen my case. But both letters dated the same day except I got the approval first then the reopening letter. I'm very confused right now, I tried calling them I have to wait 259 mins for them to call me back I'm really anxious cause I don't know what is happening 

Timeline
On 11/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, Gigi2018 said:

Good morning guys I just wanted to ask if anyone have any idea, can uscis denied a i 130 after it has been approved?

Because I  received an approval letter for my i 130 from them and one day later another letter stating that they have reopen my case. But both letters dated the same day except I got the approval first then the reopening letter. I'm very confused right now, I tried calling them I have to wait 259 mins for them to call me back I'm really anxious cause I don't know what is happening 

Hi gigi,

What does your status say on the USCIS website? Did you create an account to track your case status? It usually give you a date and explanation of actions taken on your case, maybe it’ll give you more timestamp details than the letters. 

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I’m now starting the process for K2 since I don’t want the year timeframe to expire for my stepson. Especially since I read he has to have visa in hand by that time, not just be interviewed.

Can anyone tell me what’s the longest anyone waited to book an interview date in USTravelDocs when it stated there’s no appts available? 

I’ve been checking for a couple of days now and still nothing.

Timeline
4 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

Hi gigi,

What does your status say on the USCIS website? Did you create an account to track your case status? It usually give you a date and explanation of actions taken on your case, maybe it’ll give you more timestamp details than the letters. 

Hi Gelda...

The letter didn't state anything and I called them and they say that it could be mistake or something. She (the immigration officer i spoke to on the phone) send an inquiry to the office whose processing my case to get back to with any clarification that they could 

Timeline
7 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

Hello everyone,

I’m now starting the process for K2 since I don’t want the year timeframe to expire for my stepson. Especially since I read he has to have visa in hand by that time, not just be interviewed.

Can anyone tell me what’s the longest anyone waited to book an interview date in USTravelDocs when it stated there’s no appts available? 

I’ve been checking for a couple of days now and still nothing.

You can not schedule interview on UstravelDocs for Haiti. The embassy  has to call/email/mail you the interview date. We no longer schedule interviews ourselves 

Edited by Nephie

Timeline

I have a question. My k1 petition status never changed. It has been 3 months since NVC received it and I have my case number since September. Every time i checked it says ATNVC. Does anyone has that problem. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Peterson 12 said:

Also i know Haiti looks pretty bad right now. Is there any way I can transfer the petition to Dominican Republic.

Mine is the same. I have my case number since September as well. I called them last time and they told me they will try to send it for me. Call them since they can sent K1 case to Haiti electronic they maybe able to help you too. I am waiting for the email confirming my send to ambassy 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Peterson 12 said:

Did they sent yours electronic or not. If they did maybe i will call them.

I don't even think that country do anything electronic everything has to be done Manual looks like 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Peterson 12 said:

Well the thing is what if haiti never stop the protest. Wht if it stop after anotger 6 months

Let's just hope that don't happen because everybody will be affected 

Timeline

Basically alot of us already affected. Reason being is because our case has been at nvc for the last 2 months. Every time i check it online its says ATNVC

Timeline

I am about to file with Haiti for a K-1...I am having a lot of doubts about processing and what the government might look like 6-12 months from now...can I just file in the DR or does my Fiancé have to be a citizen or have a residential address? Any ideas/advice??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.