IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, Morgan17 said:

I am about to file with Haiti for a K-1...I am having a lot of doubts about processing and what the government might look like 6-12 months from now...can I just file in the DR or does my Fiancé have to be a citizen or have a residential address? Any ideas/advice??

Your fiancé has to have residency in DR to interview there unless he has special permission. Is he living in DR or Haiti now? It takes about six months to get residency in DR but you have to have a sponsor in DR to get it . My husband was living in DR when we filed the K1 and we put DR address on the application but assumed it would go to Haiti automatically since he was a citizen of Haiti but the consulate sent our case to DR and it had to be transferred so make sure the address you put on the application is the one in the country you plan to interview I would also call the Help desk through the number for the consulate and ask them what will happen with k1 cases after December. Hope that helped wish you all blessings on your journey 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey! Anyone hear of interviews going at the embassy or do you think they've started their month long Holiday break?...Thinking of everyone who has filed for Haiti, such a difficult time right now. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Morgan17 said:

Hey! Anyone hear of interviews going at the embassy or do you think they've started their month long Holiday break?...Thinking of everyone who has filed for Haiti, such a difficult time right now. 

I have been waiting since August my case got approved still nothing. I am not sure how long we gonna be waiting for 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I just called the NVC this morning (12/27/19) and got my case number but the lady told me that the embassy in Port-au-Prince had requested that the NVC hold on to all K-1 files. As of now, the Port-au-Prince embassy is not processing any K-1 visa and she does not for all long. Did anyone hear anything different? I know sometimes you can get different responses from different representatives.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Pierrepaul said:

I just called the NVC this morning (12/27/19) and got my case number but the lady told me that the embassy in Port-au-Prince had requested that the NVC hold on to all K-1 files. As of now, the Port-au-Prince embassy is not processing any K-1 visa and she does not for all long. Did anyone hear anything different? I know sometimes you can get different responses from different representatives.

I got this same answer too while i was doing the K1 process. My husband has been here about 3 months now... a few months ago there was a hold going on due to the unrest in Haiti but as of now it should be fine. Cases get shipped 2 times a month... so i would call constantly to see if it shipped . Some reps always give out the incorrect information. 

Timeline
On 12/27/2019 at 3:27 PM, AlexandraNoel said:

I got this same answer too while i was doing the K1 process. My husband has been here about 3 months now... a few months ago there was a hold going on due to the unrest in Haiti but as of now it should be fine. Cases get shipped 2 times a month... so i would call constantly to see if it shipped . Some reps always give out the incorrect information. 

Hi 

since my k1 is been at the NVC since September never ship to Haiti. I am going to Haiti next week to see my fiancé I wanted to go to the ambassy. Let me know your thoughts since I don’t know if that’s a good idea no not

Timeline
On 1/3/2020 at 5:54 PM, Nephie said:

Hi 

since my k1 is been at the NVC since September never ship to Haiti. I am going to Haiti next week to see my fiancé I wanted to go to the ambassy. Let me know your thoughts since I don’t know if that’s a good idea no not

Hi, you can try to go to the embassy, but I highly doubt you will see a CO because when I was at the embassy they won't let you inside without an appointment.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Anna J1920 said:

Hi, you can try to go to the embassy, but I highly doubt you will see a CO because when I was at the embassy they won't let you inside without an appointment.

I have to think of something to tell them. Someone said which my 🇺🇸 passport they will allow me in but I have to have tell them something to convince them. Idk I’ll and let you guys know what’s up

Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, Morgan17 said:

I am about to file with Haiti for a K-1...I am having a lot of doubts about processing and what the government might look like 6-12 months from now...can I just file in the DR or does my Fiancé have to be a citizen or have a residential address? Any ideas/advice??

Your fiancé has to be a resident in DR to be able to have an interview there unfortunately I tried that it didn’t work I’ll work on that first then apply 

Timeline
On 11/13/2019 at 9:49 PM, johnnyj said:

I called them yesterday they told me to be patient and wait... I said ok 

My case has been sent to NVC yesterday I am so happy 😀 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mar22 said:

Hello everyone! Currently we’re close to the end of our journey but there are no interview dates available at this moment. It’s very frustrating!  Does anyone know if Haiti Embassy is backed up at this moment ?  

Heyy u cant schedule your iwn interview anymore....a lot has changed in haiti

You don't need the affidavit of support for haiti 

28 minutes ago, Fafa0109 said:

Heyy u cant schedule your iwn interview anymore....a lot has changed in haiti

You don't need the affidavit of support for haiti 

So do I have to call them and ask them to schedule me? They sent my fiancé an email telling him to go schedule one. I think it’s because people already took some. Anyways I will keep checking the site 😭

Timeline
On 3/9/2020 at 8:20 AM, Mar22 said:

So do I have to call them and ask them to schedule me? They sent my fiancé an email telling him to go schedule one. I think it’s because people already took some. Anyways I will keep checking the site 😭

Any word on this? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.