starsky

I-751 February 2018 Filers

2,688 posts in this topic

So I got the letter in the mail yesterday and my case was transferred to NBC center in Lee Summit MO.  That’s a second transfer. I hope both interviews will be combined.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, peetee91 said:

So I got the letter in the mail yesterday and my case was transferred to NBC center in Lee Summit MO.  That’s a second transfer. I hope both interviews will be combined.

You are welcome to join our MSC tracking spreadsheet.  See the link in my signature......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 7/6/2019 at 6:16 PM, SSKK said:

Have you applied to US citizenship? 

No, I'm not particularly interested in becoming a citizen. The plan is to move back to the UK once the kids have flown the nest. I know that makes me the odd one out here :D 

20 Dec 2012 -- Met // 31 Jan 2014 -- Engaged! // 01 Oct 2014 -- I-129 application // 03 Sep 2015 -- APPROVED!! // 13 Oct 2015 -- POE Chicago // 26th Oct 2015 -- Married! // 09 Dec 2015 -- AOS filed // 26 Mar 2016 -- AOS approved! // 10 Feb 2018 — ROC filed // 1 Aug 2019 — ROC approved

4 hours ago, Tween said:

No, I'm not particularly interested in becoming a citizen. The plan is to move back to the UK once the kids have flown the nest. I know that makes me the odd one out here :D 

Thank you. This is going to be a good news for us. They finally start working on applicants who hasn't applied citizenship yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So has anyone had experience rescheduling a biometrics appointment? How long is it before you get your rescheduled appointment? My worry is that if we check the box and send it back too soon, they'll get it, and schedule it two weeks out, which we'd still be on vacation...

K1 Visa Timeline 01/30/2015- Engaged02/20/2015- I-129F petition filed03/12/2015- NOA 1 received04/02/2015- NOA 2 received!04/24/2014- Case sent from NVC to Consulate in Montreal04/27/2015- Called NVC to receive Case #05/04/2015- Emailed/mailed Packet 3 to Montreal05/13/2015- Consulate received Packet 305/20/2015- Packet 4 email06/12/2015- Medical06/25/2015- Interview-APPROVED07/08/2015- Visa issued07/14/2015- Visa in hand07/20/2015- POE Sarnia/Port Huron border<p>08/14/2015- wedding!

September 2015- Applied for AOS

September 30th- Biometrics Appointment

November 2015- Advanced Parole/ Employment Authorization Received

On 7/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, Tween said:

Finally heard something from DHS 🎉 I have my biometrics appointment on the 16th. Both web portals still showing unable to update/case received. This is the first contact I've had since applying other than the 18m extension.

Funny thing happened. I have received the biometrics appointment today as of 8th, and it was scheduled on the 18th. I finally got something from USCIS since the 18 months extension from last year. No websites (both old and new)  update yet, and neither email or text notifications. 

Hopefully things will move forward for everyone who is still waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
16 minutes ago, zubi1087 said:

hi congrats, did u get yours 10 year green card after approvel your application i-751 , thanx..

No we did not get the card. We received a notice stating that the case was approved. 

Hi starsky!!! :D

I think you can go to their website and update the info (I haven't done this yet...).

If your name changed, then it seems like you have to go to enrollment center to get it updated.

Once I try getting mine updated, I will come back and post the process!

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1265/~/updating-passports-or-making-changes-to-your-ttp-account

On 7/5/2019 at 8:36 PM, starsky said:

Many congrats on the approval! Question on your global entry, I didn't realize you could "update" it. I've been thinking about getting that as we travel quite a bit, was just thinking I would have to go through the process again once my 10 year GC was approved and then again once I got citizenship. Do you get to update it again once you're a citizen do you know?

* Transferred to Texas

On 5/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, KiRilie said:

I just received a notification today that they mailed me my card on May 24. Sooo happy. It took almost 2 months after RFE. I was not expecting to receive anything during the weekend. To my fellow RFE people, thank you for your support, hang in there even if it's stressful. I will continue to check on you.

Hi. Please can you tell me what you sent them back for proof of cohabitation? 

On 7/8/2019 at 6:45 PM, SSKK said:

Funny thing happened. I have received the biometrics appointment today as of 8th, and it was scheduled on the 18th. I finally got something from USCIS since the 18 months extension from last year. No websites (both old and new)  update yet, and neither email or text notifications. 

Hopefully things will move forward for everyone who is still waiting. 

i just got my Biometrics too. I think, they started to work on FEBRUARY case's. 

Good luck everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 1:03 PM, Vivian_C said:

Hi. Please can you tell me what you sent them back for proof of cohabitation? 

Hi @Vivian_C, i sent them a quick claim deed with a letter explaining why my name was not on the title of the house (husband the house bought before we were together), i sent the homeowner insurance showing that i was covered, new health insurance, bills of the car we bought together, loan on the car,  maternity pictures, bills with both our name. 

[spoiler]Green card I-130:Wedding date January 16th,2015 I-130 sent: May 5th,2015 NOA1: May 7th, 2015 NOA2: October 23rd,2015 Sent to NVC Nov 3rd, 2015 Received at NVC on the November 9th,2015 NVC sent letter with Case number on December 2nd,2015 DS-261 on December 07th, 2015 Paid AOS fee on December 07th,2015 Paid IV fee on December 12th, 2015 Sent AOS and IV package on December 17th, 2015 Form Ds 260 submitted on December 21, 2015. (Delay due to Ds261 showing incomplete had to resubmit) Scan date: December 21st, 2015 Case complete: January 29th, 2016 Medical examination: March 4th, 2016 Interview: March 17th, 2016 at US Embassy in Paris - Approved ! March 18th, 2016 - CEAC shows visa ISSUED March 24th, 2016 - Visa received this morning Paid ELIS $165 fee + book flight on MArch 24th, 2016 POE Chicago on April 13th, 2016  Received green card on June 8th, 2016[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Removing condition I-751:

Submission: 2/1/2018

NOA 1 Received: 2/5/2018

Biometrics: 5/25/2018

18 month extension letter: 8/20/2018

RFE: 2/3/2019

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.