starsky

I-751 February 2018 Filers

2,688 posts in this topic

Back from the interview, not a lot to report. They were missing more documents (again) lucky for me I brought my magic file. Went over the application asking both me and my wife questions about the other persons details. We did not know each other phone numbers, damn smartphones nowadays. But she seemed fine with that. Some more questions about how we do things. And that was it.

She handed me a letter stating they have 120 days to make a decision and call if you have not heard by then. They may sent a letter if they need more info or they may approve.

So in the end we waited 1hr to be seen, 30 min for some questions and now we are back to the waiting game.

1 hour ago, Fr8dog said:

Back from the interview, not a lot to report. They were missing more documents (again) lucky for me I brought my magic file. Went over the application asking both me and my wife questions about the other persons details. We did not know each other phone numbers, damn smartphones nowadays. But she seemed fine with that. Some more questions about how we do things. And that was it.

She handed me a letter stating they have 120 days to make a decision and call if you have not heard by then. They may sent a letter if they need more info or they may approve.

So in the end we waited 1hr to be seen, 30 min for some questions and now we are back to the waiting game.

Did you apply for N-400?

what was the last movement on your case before interview being scheduled and how much notice did you get?

1 hour ago, ariari said:

Got my approval!

Wishing luck everyone

When did you apply for ROC

Which centre? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Yemen
Timeline

My wife got notice online that her I-751 was approved and a new card is being created. She also got her N-400 approved today as well (she filed in February). 

15 hours ago, fascinating123 said:

My wife got notice online that her I-751 was approved and a new card is being created. She also got her N-400 approved today as well (she filed in February). 

Congratulations,

Could you please if you don't mind, how long it took to get the approval since she had the interview? also, which office was that. 

I had my interview in DC office on June 26, and I have't header anything yet.

Thanks

Timeline
4 hours ago, mz_066 said:

Congratulations,

Could you please if you don't mind, how long it took to get the approval since she had the interview? also, which office was that. 

I had my interview in DC office on June 26, and I have't header anything yet.

Thanks

She had her N-400 interview and the officer stated that he expected to have her I-751 approved "in a week or two". However, it was approved in 4 business days (6 calendar days). June 26th is a little over a month, so I'd expect you to get a decision soon. Was your case pretty straight forward? Do you check online?

Thanks,

The case should be straight forward but the officer was interview me like a criminal. Was asking weird question regarding the place I live in, how I pay the rent, why I have the lease month to month, how many credit card I have, if I transfer money back home, my car is finance so he said you can't call it your car because you don't own it, it's own by bank, where is W2 while I provided all tax return, so how I filed tax without W2. 

so after all this long time of torture he told me that he will send me N-14 for more documents. 

but I haven't got anything yet.

Hopefully they respond soon.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Thanks,

The case should be straight forward but the officer was interview me like a criminal. Was asking weird question regarding the place I live in, how I pay the rent, why I have the lease month to month, how many credit card I have, if I transfer money back home, my car is finance so he said you can't call it your car because you don't own it, it's own by bank, where is W2 while I provided all tax return, so how I filed tax without W2. 

so after all this long time of torture he told me that he will send me N-14 for more documents. 

but I haven't got anything yet.

Hopefully they respond soon.

Wow, that's interesting. They didn't ask any of those questions for my wife's interview. Granted we sent both of our W-2s, our tax transcripts and we own a house together (with a mortgage, which would probably annoy your officer). I would give it another two weeks I guess and then call and find out what the hold up is.

I can not believe I forgot to pass on this awesome event during the interview.

So before we get started on anything, we were told that apparently my wife's divorce decree was missing from my file. #######?!?!?!?!?!?!? That thing has been part of my file since she filed the I-129 in 2014. And almost 5 years later it is missing?

If there was ever proof that it is important to keep copies of everything, and I do mean everything, it is this!

Whipped open "my security blankie" (as my wife likes to call it. I call it my file binder of hell) and yanked that puppy out in a hart beat.

16 hours ago, fascinating123 said:

Wow, that's interesting. They didn't ask any of those questions for my wife's interview. Granted we sent both of our W-2s, our tax transcripts and we own a house together (with a mortgage, which would probably annoy your officer). I would give it another two weeks I guess and then call and find out what the hold up is.

I already called them a few times the answer was useless. Just wait while I-751 still in the processing time which keep getting increase.

So I got an email this morning that action had been taken, and when I checked my case has updated to New Card Is Being Produced, dated yesterday. Woot!

Applied to the CSC in Feb 18, heard literally nothing (beyond getting my 12mo then 18mo then another 18mo extension letter) until early this July. Had biometrics in the St Louis field office on July 16, 2019. Then nothing again until this update. They didn't even update to say they'd done the biometrics. I went 17mo on Case Received/We Can't Issue an Update. No interview, no RFE. Which honestly shocks me because we both work from home running independent businesses, and the only things we own jointly/have our names on together is a car and health insurance. We're literally together 24/7 but can't really prove it, so I threw the kitchen sink in with the supporting evidence and it must have worked.

20 Dec 2012 -- Met // 31 Jan 2014 -- Engaged! // 01 Oct 2014 -- I-129 application // 03 Sep 2015 -- APPROVED!! // 13 Oct 2015 -- POE Chicago // 26th Oct 2015 -- Married! // 09 Dec 2015 -- AOS filed // 26 Mar 2016 -- AOS approved! // 10 Feb 2018 — ROC filed // 1 Aug 2019 — ROC approved

I called USCIS re:infopass. They told me to call within 30 days of the extension letter expiring to schedule an infopass. Hope this helps others in the same boat. 

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Same boat, waiting to be able to schedule an infopass.

Does anybody know how fast do they generally schedule infopass appointments?

My 18 months extension letter expires on October 2. Do you think it's risky to schedule a trip outside the US coming back on September 22? Would I face problems reentering if I don't get an infopass appointment by then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.