Abdel Ben

K1 got approved

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, our K1 application got approved and it was send to Casablanca embassy, I received a notice from The NVC that they sent our case to the Moroccan embassy  

The NVC completed its processing of this visa petition, and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in CASABLANCA MOROCCO.

We forwarded your immigrant visa petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on 22-JAN-2018. 

What should I do next? Can I pay my fiancé’s visa from the US ? Do I need to make an appointment for my my fiancé’s interview or the embassy is going to make her an appointment. Please can someone answer my question thank you so much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Okay, first off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Having said that, next step is indeed the consulate.

At some point you will be notified that the consulate received the visa stuff NVC sent to them.

This means you will need to prepare even more forms... 

This is a small list of things you want to have prepared for this step:

A copy of the NOA2 approval (a.k.a I-797)

A copy of the I-129F package sent to the USCIS, and everything else you sent to the USCIS

A new letter confirming that you two plan to marry, this time addressing the consulate

Form I-134 (a.k.a form of affidavit), the petitioner fills this one out (if you use co-sponsors then they need to fill one out too separately), this form requires evidence supporting it such as letter from employer confirming your job and salary + bank statement + tax returns of last year.

Lots of proof of relationship!

Police records of the beneficiary

Look when you get notified to make the appointment, by that time you should also have done a medical i think they will provide more information.

Im not this far yet but this is as much as i know, i will keep an eye on this thread because i could use more information myself 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats, you're on to the final steps now! 

Casablanca is a little different than other embassies/consulates, in that they are incredibly slow. If you wait for them to contact you about the interview, you could be waiting months. 

Once you see that your case is 'Ready' on the CEAC status checker, you can start emailing the consulate (IVCasablanca@state.gov) asking for an interview. Be sure to include the names and DOB of both the petitioner and beneficiary. I'd also include the I-129F receipt number and NVC case number somewhere in the email. Eventually (in anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks) they will respond to your email with instructions on the next steps, including a list of what to bring to the interview and the list of physicians where the medical exam can be completed. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, Abdel Ben said:

We forwarded your immigrant visa petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on 22-JAN-2018. 

What should I do next? Can I pay my fiancé’s visa from the US ? Do I need to make an appointment for my my fiancé’s interview or the embassy is going to make her an appointment. Please can someone answer my question thank you so much

It will take about 2-3 weeks to go to the National Visa Center (NVC) and then they will assign you a number and then it will take 2-3 weeks to go to Casablanca and you will email the consulate asking for an appointment. As the above poster stated, they can take awhile - it took us 5 weeks to get an interview for K1 visa - and I was emailing 2-3 times a week. Others have gotten an interview date faster, a few days or a week or two after they first emailed. 

You cannot pay her fee from the US. She will pay for her medical at that time and she will pay her interview at the time of her interview. Good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS .i just got my interview date 3 days ago  and is much better to send email to the  us embassy in casablanca  when you got nvc number for sure they will respond in  few days . By the way i want to ask about the forum i- 134 affidavit of support  has to be only a copie or  my fiance need to send  oreginal on the mail ? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Taha.b said:

CONGRATULATIONS .i just got my interview date 3 days ago  and is much better to send email to the  us embassy in casablanca  when you got nvc number for sure they will respond in  few days . By the way i want to ask about the forum i- 134 affidavit of support  has to be only a copie or  my fiance need to send  oreginal on the mail ? 

Original from what I heard (because of the signature)

Good luck with the interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

petitioner should completed the I 134 and ds 160 online

you should receive a list of doctors for the medical exam

you will need to get the 2 criminal investigations done 

Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station at their place of residence. 

one is only good for 90 days so get that close to the scheduled time

if approved the visa fee should be paid before leaving Morocco

hard embassy so go prepared by knowing every big and small thing about your financee

know finacee background, living style, work, freinds and family

have future plans and know what you will do in the US like study or work

be confident in this interview

answer with quick short replys

this is serious business in casa embassy so do not try to joke 

good luck

incha allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

petitioner should completed the I 134 and ds 160 online

The beneficiary does the DS160 and has to sign confirming it's their own answers and they did it themselves. Not the petitioner for the DS160

Timeline
16 hours ago, Taha.b said:

Thanks bunny .do you have any idea about noa 2 and nvc latter's if i have to bring them on package ?? 

I would most certainly send those to Morroco too, it's always best to have as much information on the process with you.

Do you have a checklist of things that have to be done before the interview and things that have to be present at the interview (proof and forms etc)?

Timeline

and yes,  if financee is given a  visa you can pay the visa fee online 

For step-by-step instructions on paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee, please see the User Manual (PDF, 18.10 MB). ( that is the offical USCIS manual )

link to pay the fee is USCIS ELIS

you will not get a receipt / it is in the computer and seen by POE officer

Who Pays the Fee

We strongly encourage you to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee after you pick up your immigrant visa from the Department of State and before you depart for the United States.

If you cannot pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee, a family member, friend, employer, attorney or accredited representative can pay for you. If someone pays the fee for you, they will need your Alien Number (A-Number) and Department of State (DOS) Case ID.

You may also pay the fee after you arrive in the United States. If you arrive in the United States and haven’t yet paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee, USCIS will send you a notice requesting payment with instructions on paying your fee. You will not receive your Green Card until you have paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

and yes,  if financee is given a  visa you can pay the visa fee online 

For step-by-step instructions on paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee, please see the User Manual (PDF, 18.10 MB). ( that is the offical USCIS manual )

link to pay the fee is USCIS ELIS

you will not get a receipt / it is in the computer and seen by POE officer

Who Pays the Fee

We strongly encourage you to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee after you pick up your immigrant visa from the Department of State and before you depart for the United States.

If you cannot pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee, a family member, friend, employer, attorney or accredited representative can pay for you. If someone pays the fee for you, they will need your Alien Number (A-Number) and Department of State (DOS) Case ID.

You may also pay the fee after you arrive in the United States. If you arrive in the United States and haven’t yet paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee, USCIS will send you a notice requesting payment with instructions on paying your fee. You will not receive your Green Card until you have paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee.

K1 visa holders do not pay this fee. 

The only fee that is needed at the consulate level is the $265 paid directly to the consulate in cash. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

Timeline
58 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

K1 visa holders do not pay this fee. 

The only fee that is needed at the consulate level is the $265 paid directly to the consulate in cash. 

those instuctions are directly from immigraiton webpage and tell how to pay that fee online if not paid at embassy

you can even pay after arrival in the US but this is not advised 

i cut and pasted the directions for paying the K1 visa fee after approving from the manual for immigraiton

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/USCIS ELIS/USCIS_ELIS_Customer_User_Manual.pdf

Timeline
18 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

those instuctions are directly from immigraiton webpage and tell how to pay that fee online if not paid at embassy

you can even pay after arrival in the US but this is not advised 

i cut and pasted the directions for paying the K1 visa fee after approving from the manual for immigraiton

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/USCIS ELIS/USCIS_ELIS_Customer_User_Manual.pdf

K1 and K2 visa holders don't pay the Immigration Fee. A CR1/IR1 visa holder would have to pay that fee, however. I believe that fee is for the production of the green card, which K1 holders have to pay a separate fee for once they reach the US, marry and petition for adjustment of status. 

The only fee a K1 applicant needs to pay (aside from the I-129F petition fee and medical fee) is $265 in dollars or dirham equivalent the day of the interview at the Casablanca consulate. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.