Abdel Ben

K1 got approved

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

K1 and K2 visa holders don't pay the Immigration Fee. A CR1/IR1 visa holder would have to pay that fee, however. I believe that fee is for the production of the green card, which K1 holders have to pay a separate fee for once they reach the US, marry and petition for adjustment of status. 

The only fee a K1 applicant needs to pay (aside from the I-129F petition fee and medical fee) is $265 in dollars or dirham equivalent the day of the interview at the Casablanca consulate. 

ok sorry

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 2/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, Taha.b said:

CONGRATULATIONS .i just got my interview date 3 days ago  and is much better to send email to the  us embassy in casablanca  when you got nvc number for sure they will respond in  few days . By the way i want to ask about the forum i- 134 affidavit of support  has to be only a copie or  my fiance need to send  oreginal on the mail ? 

if you dont mind me asking, but when is your interview date and when did your case arrive in casablanca?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
45 minutes ago, RobDean said:

Hello everyone. 

I'm beneficiary from Morocco. I got my case number 25 January and ready status February 5. I emailed the consulate and still not news for my interview. Any suggestions? Thank you 

Keep emailing them every few days. They have been known to take a few weeks to respond...

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 2/5/2018 at 5:01 PM, Taha.b said:

The date of my interview is fab28 and i wait almost 9 days than i send email to the us  embassy in casablanca after 5 hours i get the day of my interview 

When did you got approved? And how long take your case get to casablanca ambassy after your NOA2 date?? Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my friend used a co sponsor for his k1 petition in the philippines and got approved ,does this mean that its being accepted more now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, blackHEBREW said:

my friend used a co sponsor for his k1 petition in the philippines and got approved ,does this mean that its being accepted more now?

I guess that means there's a higher chance to be approved, thought that they didn't accept co-sponsors at that consulate.

To be sure you might want to ask your friend how the process went and base your prediction on that

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 2/2/2018 at 9:58 PM, EandH0904 said:

The beneficiary does the DS160 and has to sign confirming it's their own answers and they did it themselves. Not the petitioner for the DS160

i know 

i was assuming they could read those directions

i worte this to the 2 of them as i figure they both look at this site

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 09/02/2018 at 2:35 AM, Hamidra said:

When did you got approved? And how long take your case get to casablanca ambassy after your NOA2 date?? Thank you

Betwin 6-8 weeks 

Good luck 

Timeline
On 2/1/2018 at 10:09 PM, Abdel Ben said:

Hi, our K1 application got approved and it was send to Casablanca embassy, I received a notice from The NVC that they sent our case to the Moroccan embassy  

The NVC completed its processing of this visa petition, and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in CASABLANCA MOROCCO.

We forwarded your immigrant visa petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on 22-JAN-2018. 

What should I do next? Can I pay my fiancé’s visa from the US ? Do I need to make an appointment for my my fiancé’s interview or the embassy is going to make her an appointment. Please can someone answer my question thank you so much

Hi .

my case is similar to yours .

nvc sent my file to casa Blanca on jan 25 th of 2018 but am still waiting for interview date .

plz keep me posted if your receive an interview date .chokran 

On 2/17/2018 at 3:22 AM, Stevelandy said:

Hi .

my case is similar to yours .

nvc sent my file to casa Blanca on jan 25 th of 2018 but am still waiting for interview date .

plz keep me posted if your receive an interview date .chokran 

So Is mine. Same date and my status said ready on the 5th and still no interview. Keep emailing them until you get a date. Good luck 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/19/2018 at 7:58 AM, RobDean said:

So Is mine. Same date and my status said ready on the 5th and still no interview. Keep emailing them until you get a date. Good luck 

Good evening 

i just checked the case tracker it shows an update as of today 03/05/2018 hopefully I get an interview date soon .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.