DeepInLove

Age gap, Religion gap, destination wedding on the beach

8 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2018 at 2:22 AM, DeepInLove said:

Hi, 

So here is my story, Sorry if it is a bit long.
I am a Muslim, single mom of two children, divorced ,  met online( doing a project) with this man. He showed me interest but I rejected as he was a Hindu, and 10 years younger than me. Time passed by, we decided to meet. But because of my Pakistani origin I couldn't get Indian Visa and he couldn't get US visa,  so we met in another country. Neither my parents were happy with all this nor his, he being the only child of his parents. After first meeting we decided to marry. To marry him he had to convert to my religion so he became a Muslim. We got married after a year in another country, being a destination wedding on the beach with no family members, Our witnesses were hotel manager and one of my now husband's friend.  Before filing for I130, I was very upset so I collected courage and posted my first post here on VJ, telling this story and asked for an advice. I got so many negative comments and everyone was just coming up with one answer that this is a difficult case and be ready to stay away from him for many years. I cried and became disheartened. My husband told me to ask admins to delete that thread because it was making me more sad and discouraging me to even apply for CR1.
So the thread was deleted, I applied for Cr1, but I put daily one hour reading Visa Journey, I read almost all cases, do's, dont's, prepared evidence. made trips. I did everything that I could, and case moved on, my case was very well presented and front loaded, so I didn't get a checklist or rfe. Now it was the time of the interview, for that also, I talked about everything possible to him. But he got so many tricky questions. when he was in interview, all those comments on VJ were still in my head so I was quiet sure that he is not getting visa this time and I even made him prepared for that. When he came back I was shocked to know that he got the visa, Wooohooooo. I am still in disbelief. This is the happiest news of our life. we both cried before and after the interview.
I would like to thank you all for support that you guys provided the whole year. specially @Yeonin in our January 2017 filers made it a lil funner for all of us January filers, who kept group and discussions active. I love you all. I am just posting my story and interview questions here so that if there is another genuine couple in the same scnario, they can get benefit out of it and always listen to negative comments and precautionary comments as they make you prepare for the worst.

Here are his interview questions in Bombay US Consulate:

* Who is calling you?
* How did you guys got to know each other?
* What type was that software project that you did for her?
* Where does her parents live currently?
* Where is her mother from?
* Where is her Father from?
* No. Her Father is from India. He was born in India?
* Why did you marry her?
* Describe your wedding ceremony.
* What is common between you guys?
* How you share the same culture, she is from different country?
* In your Nepal trip you only stayed at hotel, Why did'nt you go anywhere outside?
* Show me Nepal trip pics.
* Describe your wedding in Srilanka?
* Does she have kids?
* Which grades are they in?
* Age of kids?
* Which school do they go to?
* Public or Private?
* If you do not know then how are you planning to pay the fees for kids education?
* What is "Jo dekhna hay dekho aur niklo yahan se" means. (It was in our Skype chat records after this statement we both had a big fight).
* What do you do for living?
* Did your father attended your wedding on Skype?
* If he was not in favor of it why he even attended it on Skype?
* How did you convince your parents after the wedding?
* Are they happy with the marriage now?
* What do you mean by easy marriage laws in Srilanka. In your statement?
* What are disagreements between you?
* What are you going to do in USA?

We got the stamped passport on VFS pickup location in two days. We both are luckiest people on the face of this earth and we thank our God to find the love of life. I pray all of you guys who are genuinely in love to be together as soon as possible. Please send us positive prayers so that we both love each other and respect each other even more in coming years.
God bless you.

I130.PNG

I love love love love LOVE, something worth living for! congratulations on this achievement, you both may feel proud and well deserving. This love is yours and I pray  you cultivate it, mold it into what you both think is your best reflections of being in love. Let no man or woman come between the two of you, not even your own ego, selfish wants or needs. I am proud of you as I am of all the lovers around the globe and always remember many do not get the chances we've had to be with our loved ones, live freely in emotional and physical freedom. 

Be blessed and secured!

I'm currently adjusting to my new life, relaxing, detoxing and loving on  and caring for my precious wife. 

Love y'all.

xxx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow, thank you very much for kind words and good advises. I am very happy that you two are together now. 

I have to wait two more months till he gets here, as his company is very much dependent on him and he is very loyal, He is spending enough time to transfer knowledge, but the business do not find confidence on new staff, so they are offering him work remotely from America and to get salary according to market here. But because of time difference I do not want him to stay all night and sleep all day. Lets see how it goes.

Your words give me so much strength and courage. Yes, at the end it is love  that all matters. and I love him from the bottom of my heart.
I wish you luck, happiness, love and prosperity in your future life.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procrdures to Progress Reports. 

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.