egroeg

I-751/N-400 combo filers in Chicago

196 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, xilef said:

Congrats !

Congrats, thank you for sharing your experience !

Did you get your interview date yet @Jane D

Thank you for your support, @xilef!

On 10/25/2018 at 7:17 PM, Lu & Soso said:

Thanks a lot, @Meme.BThis has indeed been an unbelievable journey, full of twist and turns, but the reward of finality makes up for the ride. I pray that your I-751 issue can be resolved soon, and it will. 

Thank you very much @Lu & Soso.

Hi, guys. They scheduled my N400 interview today! I don't have the date yet,  but I am very glad in general, that there is some movement! I applied for I751 in May 2017 and for N400 in May 2018 , online filer.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:00 AM, xilef said:

What does your status say @KCHICAGO

This week, got an update. 

I-751: New card is being produced 

N-400: In line for oath 

11 hours ago, KCHICAGO said:

Congratulations @KCHICAGO! You're very close to the finish line. Two weeks ago, I was exactly where you are and as of yesterday my status changed to Oath Ceremony letter.

22 hours ago, KCHICAGO said:

Thank you @Lu & Soso :). My status for I-751 changed today to approved. 

I just hope everyone else in similar ride sail through this journey equally well. I got worried earlier when I was interviewed for N-400 but not for I-751 even though my wife was accompanied and the IO knew that. The IO was kind and nice to say that he will review my case and approve everything without the need for I-751 interview if everything looks fine. Otherwise he would have scheduled another interview. I’m glad we had everything put together properly and so the IO was able to make a decision. We saved trip to USCIS. My wife and I are expecting our first baby this November. Will have to wait and see what comes first - baby or oath ceremony letter :D 

I would want to sincerely thank this forum and everyone who have shared their insights and experiences. 

Giod luck everyone!

2 hours ago, KCHICAGO said:

Thank you @Lu & Soso :). My status for I-751 changed today to approved. 

I just hope everyone else in similar ride sail through this journey equally well. I got worried earlier when I was interviewed for N-400 but not for I-751 even though my wife was accompanied and the IO knew that. The IO was kind and nice to say that he will review my case and approve everything without the need for I-751 interview if everything looks fine. Otherwise he would have scheduled another interview. I’m glad we had everything put together properly and so the IO was able to make a decision. We saved trip to USCIS. My wife and I are expecting our first baby this November. Will have to wait and see what comes first - baby or oath ceremony letter :D 

I would want to sincerely thank this forum and everyone who have shared their insights and experiences. 

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations again, @KCHICAGO! Wow, God is moving! It is remarkable how tight knots are loosening up. What a change overnight! I am happy for you and congratulations of you upcoming bundle of joy! I just had mine almost 4 months ago. Enjoy all these blessings before you! 

17 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

Congratulations again, @KCHICAGO! Wow, God is moving! It is remarkable how tight knots are loosening up. What a change overnight! I am happy for you and congratulations of you upcoming bundle of joy! I just had mine almost 4 months ago. Enjoy all these blessings before you! 

Congratulations to you as well 😊. And thanks again. 

I got a notification this morning and the oath letter is now visible on my DHS site. November 15th it is! Yay!

51 minutes ago, KCHICAGO said:

Congratulations to you as well 😊. And thanks again. 

I got a notification this morning and the oath letter is now visible on my DHS site. November 15th it is! Yay!

Great news, @KCHICAGO! The IOs in Chicago are working hard to resolving the backlog. We'll be sworn a day apart. Congratulations again, and all the best in every pursuit! 

Congratulations @KCHICAGO!!! This is trully very good news! Really happy for you family! This is tough to wait for another interview, glad it is over for you!

Checked online on dhs site, my N400 interview was scheduled for December 5. First the update came on Case tracker. The next day I was able to see online the date in the Documents section.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.