egroeg

I-751/N-400 combo filers in Chicago

196 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

Yesterday, I finally became a US citizen. It was a beautiful ceremony of 129 new citizens. It only took 50 minutes to complete. What a moment! I am still recovering from the whole process. Let me take this opportunity to extend my deepest gratitude to all those members of VJ who took their time to share their stories, answer questions and support everyone who sought support in figuring their case status. What you have done is not only bring hope during moments of despair, frustration, confusion, but motivated everyone to believe in this protracted process. Thank you for all your support, and may your future pursuits bear intended fruits. To those who are still racing towards the finish line, even tiring and uncertain this process is at times, don't ever give up. The finish line, no matter how long, is worth all the struggles. Last but not least, I can never forget the work of the Immigration Officers, who made this journey fruitful by guiding us through the process, eased our nerves when overwhelmed and gave us confidence towards our goal. You have been consummate professionals.

Congratulations @Lu & Soso

I am still on the fence as to whether I should apply for my N-400 or not, I travel internationally for work and having a GC would be very useful when it comes to applying for visas and travel 

8 hours ago, xilef said:

Congratulations @Lu & Soso

I am still on the fence as to whether I should apply for my N-400 or not, I travel internationally for work and having a GC would be very useful when it comes to applying for visas and travel 

Thanks @xilef!  I would suggest that you apply for your N-400, because only 75 countries in the world require a visa from USA citizens. Most of those countries are not even countries you might visit. USA business travelers are issued 10-yr multiple entry sticker visa on their passport. 

Edited by Lu & Soso

On 11/15/2018 at 6:10 PM, Lu & Soso said:

Yesterday, I finally became a US citizen. It was a beautiful ceremony of 129 new citizens. It only took 50 minutes to complete. What a moment! I am still recovering from the whole process. Let me take this opportunity to extend my deepest gratitude to all those members of VJ who took their time to share their stories, answer questions and support everyone who sought support in figuring their case status. What you have done is not only bring hope during moments of despair, frustration, confusion, but motivated everyone to believe in this protracted process. Thank you for all your support, and may your future pursuits bear intended fruits. To those who are still racing towards the finish line, even tiring and uncertain this process is at times, don't ever give up. The finish line, no matter how long, is worth all the struggles. Last but not least, I can never forget the work of the Immigration Officers, who made this journey fruitful by guiding us through the process, eased our nerves when overwhelmed and gave us confidence towards our goal. You have been consummate professionals.

Congratulations!!!! I am happy you finished your long journey, Good luck. 

3 hours ago, Meme.B said:

Congratulations!!!! I am happy you finished your long journey, Good luck. 

Thanks @Meme.B! I am still in disbelief and getting adjusted to being a citizen. Have they scheduled your Oath yet? You should be due late this month to early December, basing it on your approvals. You'll probably get your 10-yr GC a week before your Oath. Keep us posted!

Edited by Lu & Soso

On 11/15/2018 at 6:10 PM, Lu & Soso said:

This is truly a memorable moment, I can’t even imagine the feelings yet, must be something unreal, after all of that frustration and wait!! Really happy for you!! And thank you for your encouraging words!

On 11/14/2018 at 8:49 PM, junnis2012 said:

As soon as I found out the date and time of my oath ceremony, I made an appointment on-line (USPS) same date as my oath ceremony. I had my oath ceremony at 9A, and done by 11:30am. My appointment at USPS was at 2pm. Make sure to make an appointment on-line, USPS personnel doesn't accept walk-ins.

Thank you, this is very helpful!

3 hours ago, Jane D said:

This is truly a memorable moment, I can’t even imagine the feelings yet, must be something unreal, after all of that frustration and wait!! Really happy for you!! And thank you for your encouraging words!

Thank you, @Jane D! I am still not used to bring a citizen yet. Come to think of it, it's only been a week since the Oath Ceremony. I already applied for my passport, the very next day. That should take 4-6 weeks. I already received a notification that they have received my application, and have also received fee payment. I cannot wait to receive my new passport, and then I'll feel complete. Fortunately, I just got back from visiting my home country in March. It was the long lines (for green card holders) and the extra scrutiny in the custom offices that resulted in applying for citizenship the very next day. Now, December 5, is around the corner, 13 days to go for your Naturalization interview @Jane D, and chances are, you'll most probably have your Oath ceremony the last days of December or latest, early January 2019. Our prayers are with you! You are now on homestretch, and go get 'em! Happy Holidays, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, they de-scheduled my interview on December , 5-th! (((((((( ( I received a notice)  because of the National Day of Mourning! Donald Trump issued a proclamation,that  all the federal agencies will be closed on December 5, all naturalization ceremonies and interviews cancelled. I hope they will reschedule it soon, but there is no date yet (((

Edited by Jane D

On 12/4/2018 at 3:46 PM, Jane D said:

Guys, they de-scheduled my interview on December , 5-th! (((((((( ( I received a notice)  because of the National Day of Mourning! Donald Trump issued a proclamation,that  all the federal agencies will be closed on December 5, all naturalization ceremonies and interviews cancelled. I hope they will reschedule it soon, but there is no date yet (((

I am sorry about this! :( I am waiting for I 751 to be resolved. I file on January 2017, almost 23 months already...and nothing. Went for N 400 interview on August 27th, more that 90 days waiting for Oath ceremony letter. Nothing. I have contacted Congressman, Ombudsman, California Center, info pass appointments and online request. Nothing have worked so far.  I am very frustrated.

Hope they schedule your interview soon....Good luck!

Edited by Charly2

Hi all,

I just received my appointment for biometrics capture. Unfortunately, it's between year-end holidays and I already have plans to travel domestically by car and staying at in-laws (no reservations or anything like that). Is it possible to walk-in between now and the date of the appointment? Can I walk-in at any location or just the scheduled location? Thank you!

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 2, 2018 submitted application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 14 months or March 2020.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled , date not yet shown.

December 10, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for  28 December 2018.

December 13, 2018 did a walk-in to the scheduled service center, and they did the appointment on the spot. New completion time reads 13 months to February 2020.

May 10, 2019 - received notification that interview has been scheduled. Date for the interview is Jun 12th, 2019. Completion time reads 9 months to February 2020.

June 12, 2019 - Passed the Interview. Waiting for Oath Ceremony Date. Estimated Wait Time: 6 months per the online portal. 

June 17, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled to July 9th, 2019. Wait Time: 5 months per the online portal. 

July 9th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Done, Naturalization complete. Total time was 220 days or 7 months and 8 days.

18 hours ago, hobbitspouse said:

Hi all,

I just received my appointment for biometrics capture. Unfortunately, it's between year-end holidays and I already have plans to travel domestically by car and staying at in-laws (no reservations or anything like that). Is it possible to walk-in between now and the date of the appointment? Can I walk-in at any location or just the scheduled location? Thank you!

Hi @hobbitspouseThere is no reason why you shouldn't do a Walk-In. Those Application Support Centers are rarely busy. Check this: https://mypathtocitizenship.com/can-i-do-an-early-walk-in-for-my-biometrics-appointment-instead-of-waiting/ and this thread: 

Edited by Lu & Soso

7 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

Hi @hobbitspouseThere is no reason why you shouldn't do a Walk-In. Those Application Support Centers are rarely busy. Check this: https://mypathtocitizenship.com/can-i-do-an-early-walk-in-for-my-biometrics-appointment-instead-of-waiting/ and this thread: 

Thanks! I'll check those out

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 2, 2018 submitted application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 14 months or March 2020.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled , date not yet shown.

December 10, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for  28 December 2018.

December 13, 2018 did a walk-in to the scheduled service center, and they did the appointment on the spot. New completion time reads 13 months to February 2020.

May 10, 2019 - received notification that interview has been scheduled. Date for the interview is Jun 12th, 2019. Completion time reads 9 months to February 2020.

June 12, 2019 - Passed the Interview. Waiting for Oath Ceremony Date. Estimated Wait Time: 6 months per the online portal. 

June 17, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled to July 9th, 2019. Wait Time: 5 months per the online portal. 

July 9th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Done, Naturalization complete. Total time was 220 days or 7 months and 8 days.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just received an interview notification online (no letter in the mail yet) for a N-400 interview. I'd applied for ROC in June 2017 and N-400 in June 2018, and this is pretty much the first movement in a long while post biometrics. There's no mention of a combo interview, but i'm going to take all the documentation, and spouse along just to be safe. 

The interview is scheduled for 1/16/2019, and my I-551 stamp in the passport expires 2/14/2019, so i'm hoping the interview and turnaround time after that is fairly painless. 

5 hours ago, pastorom said:

Just received an interview notification online (no letter in the mail yet) for a N-400 interview. I'd applied for ROC in June 2017 and N-400 in June 2018, and this is pretty much the first movement in a long while post biometrics. There's no mention of a combo interview, but i'm going to take all the documentation, and spouse along just to be safe. 

The interview is scheduled for 1/16/2019, and my I-551 stamp in the passport expires 2/14/2019, so i'm hoping the interview and turnaround time after that is fairly painless. 

I wonder what's taking so long for your N-400 application. Most cases I've seen reported here, including mine, have taken 10 days or so to schedule the biometrics capture. Good news that your case is moving along though.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.