egroeg

I-751/N-400 combo filers in Chicago

196 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Meme.B said:

At least your I-751 approved. 

The officer told me to wait 30 days, 16 days passed. So I have to wait. 

@Lu & SosoWhen your N-400 interview Scheduled ? 

Hi Meme.Bit took me almost 3 weeks to get a word about the outcome of my case after the interview. I first submitted an inquiry almost a month after the interview and only provided the information on my online case status, which was about fingerprints submission. I tried again early October, same story but this time I asked for Tier 2 officer who pretty much couldn't tell me anything concrete outside what I knew. They also didn't even have information that I had already been interviewed. A week later, while still waiting for an inquiry response, my case was approved. Maybe continued calls helped, because they did mention that they noticed that I had called, several times, to inquire about my case. What I kept telling them was that my case status online was outdated, and my naturalization interview was coming up and needed a resolution.  I asked them to dig deeper because having applied August 2016, way out of projected timeline, there has to be someone who knows my true case status. Anyway, that fight is over now and my N-400 interview is next week, October 24. I'm happy that this roller-coaster ride has finally entered homestretch. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Exactly 17 days since my wife's ROC and N400 combo interview. Just received two email updates from USCIS this morning:

1. I-751: A new card is being produced
  2. N400: We scheduled your naturalization ceremony
    • Although when I check under documents, the actual oath ceremony letter has not yet been uploaded. I will update our timeline once the letter has been uploaded, or upon receiving the snail mail. 

At the rate which Chicago court houses are wrapping up ceremonies these days, my wife should be a citizen before Christmas! I don't know what we would do if it weren't for all the love and support we have received on these forums. Thank you all for sharing stories about your journey, and providing useful information along the way. For those of you still waiting, hang in there! 

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

2 minutes ago, flash9153 said:

Exactly 17 days since my wife's ROC and N400 combo interview. Just received two email updates from USCIS this morning:

• Although when I check under documents, the actual oath ceremony letter has not yet been uploaded. I will update our timeline once the letter has been uploaded, or upon receiving the snail mail. 

At the rate which Chicago court houses are wrapping up ceremonies these days, my wife should be a citizen before Christmas! I don't know what we would do if it weren't for all the love and support we have received on these forums. Thank you all for sharing stories about your journey, and providing useful information along the way. For those of you still waiting, hang in there! 

Congratulations, flash9153I am very happy for you guys! The 17 days was not bad at all, and now it is time to pop that champagne and celebrate the end of this protracted journey. Your card should be in your hands by end of next week. I just got mine today, and the "A new is being produced" notice you just had, showed up on Monday. All the best to you, and yours!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Lu & Soso said:

Congratulations, flash9153I am very happy for you guys! The 17 days was not bad at all, and now it is time to pop that champagne and celebrate the end of this protracted journey. Your card should be in your hands by end of next week. I just got mine today, and the "A new is being produced" notice you just had, showed up on Monday. All the best to you, and yours!

Thanks, that's awesome. Congratulations to you as well! If I may ask, when is your oath scheduled? 

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

2 hours ago, flash9153 said:

Thanks, that's awesome. Congratulations to you as well! If I may ask, when is your oath scheduled? 

@flash9153, I wish I could be speaking the "oath" language. I have an interview next week and then shall know thereafter. So near, yet a little far, but there is a light at the end of this tunnel.  

On 10/18/2018 at 7:16 PM, Lu & Soso said:

Hi Meme.Bit took me almost 3 weeks to get a word about the outcome of my case after the interview. I first submitted an inquiry almost a month after the interview and only provided the information on my online case status, which was about fingerprints submission. I tried again early October, same story but this time I asked for Tier 2 officer who pretty much couldn't tell me anything concrete outside what I knew. They also didn't even have information that I had already been interviewed. A week later, while still waiting for an inquiry response, my case was approved. Maybe continued calls helped, because they did mention that they noticed that I had called, several times, to inquire about my case. What I kept telling them was that my case status online was outdated, and my naturalization interview was coming up and needed a resolution.  I asked them to dig deeper because having applied August 2016, way out of projected timeline, there has to be someone who knows my true case status. Anyway, that fight is over now and my N-400 interview is next week, October 24. I'm happy that this roller-coaster ride has finally entered homestretch. 

Thank you for sharing your experience, I have nothing to do except Waiting until outdated then begin next step. 

Hope you pass your N-400 interview, Good luck. 

On 10/20/2018 at 3:49 PM, flash9153 said:

Congratulations and happy ceremony.

Hi everyone,
I just want to share my experience with my combo interview (I-751 and N-400) last October 16, 2018 (sorry for the late post). My spouse was with me the day of my interview. When my number was called in, I went in first. The IO was very nice, friendly,  and professional. She went through and reviewed my I-751 application first. She did not ask a lot of questions but more on verifying the documents I sent - like, our joint account, utility bills with both our names on it, the past three years of our joint income taxes, and letters from our friends (supporting our bonafide relationship). Then after that, she did the N-400 applications. Asked me 6 questions and I got it all correct. 
Then the IO called my spouse to come inside. She only verified my spouse's SS# and a copy of his driver's license - making sure we have the same address. She congratulates me, and told us that our relationship is legit and bonafide, no red flags, , and she approved both my I-751 and N-400 applications. 
On Friday, October 19, 2018, I received a notification about card being produced for I-751 application.
Today, I received a notification saying that "oath ceremony will be scheduled.
I would like to thank visa journey and its' members for all the guidance and support. Good luck everyone!

Edited by junnis2012

What a day! Yesterday was my N-400 interview. Things didn't start good, and it was my fault. I arrived 20 minutes after my scheduled appointment. When my IO called me, which is apparent that she had tried before, she was not happy at all. I decided, at that time not to request to be joined by my wife and newborn because I did want to subject them to any tension. While walking to her office, she asked why I was late and firstly, I apologized and explained . She is one of the most consummate professionals I have encountered. She didn't waste no time, advised me of every step she was about to take. We went through the civic test, and here are the questions she asked; What is the national anthem called?, What took place on September, 11, 2001?, What ocean is on the west coast of USA?, Which war did Dwight Eisenhower fight on?, Who does a US Senator represent? We went through sentence reading and writing. She went through everything that I filled in my N-400 application; and verified, I mean, name, birth date, address, work, international visits to those YES or NO questions. When she finished, she asked for additional updated information since my last interview, which was in July, for I-751. I submitted my current (2017) taxes, recent auto insurance, life policy I took last year which we never requested in my last interview. She asked for updated bank statements, and unfortunately I didn't bring. My other mistake was to bring the original taxes without making copies. She advised me that she couldn't make a decision about my case until she receives copies of my taxes, bank statements, and I was given a month to mail or a possibility of my case being dismissed. I requested to submit them within an hour and she liked the idea. That's the first time I sensed her warm nature, because we went through the interview so fast after my late arrival and she was just all professional.  She told me to submit those documents with the receptionist. We left and I asked the security guard for the nearest printing business, and  was directed to UPS which was not far. I made copies and accessed my banks online and made copies of current statements. My online case status was already showing that RFE (needed more information). 

We need more information from you

View your letter on your documents tab for more information. You must respond with your document(s) on or before the date in your letter or your application may be denied.

I submitted those documents and was given a receipt by the receptionist. When I got home, my USCIS App notified me that:

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. 

What a surprise and joy because I was beating myself for everything that led to a delay in deciding my case. My story is a combination of PATIENCE, WHAT NOT TO DO, DETERMINATION TO MAKE UP FOR MISTAKES and RESILIENCE UNDER THE STORM. I want to take this opportunity to thank those contributing members of this community, because you have given me so much SUPPORT, HOPE and KNOWLEDGE, though your own stories and advice. I also want to extend APPRECIATION and THANKS for those professional IOs who have made this journey worth every step, especially in our anguish because of protracted delays in adjudication. It has been a long road, 2 years and 2 months, for I-751 and 7 months for N-400. I hope my story will help those facing similar challenges to keep your head because there is hope and this road will come to an end. This is my current online status:

We approved your application

Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony

We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony.

This journey is finally over!

What a journey for you @Lu & Soso!! Congratulations on the outcome of your interview!!!!! That must have been a very stressful day for you.

8 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

What a day! Yesterday was my N-400 interview. Things didn't start good, and it was my fault. I arrived 20 minutes after my scheduled appointment. When my IO called me, which is apparent that she had tried before, she was not happy at all. I decided, at that time not to request to be joined by my wife and newborn because I did want to subject them to any tension. While walking to her office, she asked why I was late and firstly, I apologized and explained . She is one of the most consummate professionals I have encountered. She didn't waste no time, advised me of every step she was about to take. We went through the civic test, and here are the questions she asked; What is the national anthem called?, What took place on September, 11, 2001?, What ocean is on the west coast of USA?, Which war did Dwight Eisenhower fight on?, Who does a US Senator represent? We went through sentence reading and writing. She went through everything that I filled in my N-400 application; and verified, I mean, name, birth date, address, work, international visits to those YES or NO questions. When she finished, she asked for additional updated information since my last interview, which was in July, for I-751. I submitted my current (2017) taxes, recent auto insurance, life policy I took last year which we never requested in my last interview. She asked for updated bank statements, and unfortunately I didn't bring. My other mistake was to bring the original taxes without making copies. She advised me that she couldn't make a decision about my case until she receives copies of my taxes, bank statements, and I was given a month to mail or a possibility of my case being dismissed. I requested to submit them within an hour and she liked the idea. That's the first time I sensed her warm nature, because we went through the interview so fast after my late arrival and she was just all professional.  She told me to submit those documents with the receptionist. We left and I asked the security guard for the nearest printing business, and  was directed to UPS which was not far. I made copies and accessed my banks online and made copies of current statements. My online case status was already showing that RFE (needed more information). 

View your letter on your documents tab for more information. You must respond with your document(s) on or before the date in your letter or your application may be denied.

I submitted those documents and was given a receipt by the receptionist. When I got home, my USCIS App notified me that:

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. 

What a surprise and joy because I was beating myself for everything that led to a delay in deciding my case. My story is a combination of PATIENCE, WHAT NOT TO DO, DETERMINATION TO MAKE UP FOR MISTAKES and RESILIENCE UNDER THE STORM. I want to take this opportunity to thank those contributing members of this community, because you have given me so much SUPPORT, HOPE and KNOWLEDGE, though your own stories and advice. I also want to extend APPRECIATION and THANKS for those professional IOs who have made this journey worth every step, especially in our anguish because of protracted delays in adjudication. It has been a long road, 2 years and 2 months, for I-751 and 7 months for N-400. I hope my story will help those facing similar challenges to keep your head because there is hope and this road will come to an end. This is my current online status:

Congrats !

On 10/22/2018 at 8:11 PM, junnis2012 said:
Hi everyone,
I just want to share my experience with my combo interview (I-751 and N-400) last October 16, 2018 (sorry for the late post). My spouse was with me the day of my interview. When my number was called in, I went in first. The IO was very nice, friendly,  and professional. She went through and reviewed my I-751 application first. She did not ask a lot of questions but more on verifying the documents I sent - like, our joint account, utility bills with both our names on it, the past three years of our joint income taxes, and letters from our friends (supporting our bonafide relationship). Then after that, she did the N-400 applications. Asked me 6 questions and I got it all correct. 
Then the IO called my spouse to come inside. She only verified my spouse's SS# and a copy of his driver's license - making sure we have the same address. She congratulates me, and told us that our relationship is legit and bonafide, no red flags, , and she approved both my I-751 and N-400 applications. 
On Friday, October 19, 2018, I received a notification about card being produced for I-751 application.
Today, I received a notification saying that "oath ceremony will be scheduled.
I would like to thank visa journey and its' members for all the guidance and support. Good luck everyone!

Congrats, thank you for sharing your experience !

1 hour ago, Jane D said:

What a journey for you @Lu & Soso!! Congratulations on the outcome of your interview!!!!! That must have been a very stressful day for you.

Did you get your interview date yet @Jane D

9 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

Congratulations!!! Your journey approach to final step. Good luck and happy ceremony.

5 hours ago, Jane D said:

Hi @Jane Dthank you so much! I am still in a daze, but thankful. I pray that your I-751 resolution can come sooner. It took me from August 2016 to get an interview in July 2018, and October to finally get approved. Your approval is around the corner too.

2 hours ago, Meme.B said:

Congratulations!!! Your journey approach to final step. Good luck and happy ceremony.

Thanks a lot, @Meme.BThis has indeed been an unbelievable journey, full of twist and turns, but the reward of finality makes up for the ride. I pray that your I-751 issue can be resolved soon, and it will. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.