egroeg

I-751/N-400 combo filers in Chicago

196 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 1/25/2018 at 10:23 PM, AK_2014 said:

We're probably one of the cases you read about.

If I'm remembering correctly, the N-400 interview was scheduled for early November. Officer refused to conduct interview because of the outstanding I-751, sent wife home. We came back for an I-751 interview in early/mid December. Everything went well; officer couldn't approve on the spot, but we got approved right around Christmas, and the 10-year GC was in the mail shortly thereafter.

We haven't heard a thing about when the N-400 interview might be rescheduled for. It's really frustrating that Chicago has this policy against combo interviews! As it is, not only do they slow down the individual applicant, but also the entire system, since people are getting scheduled for initial N-400 interviews that are then not conducted, thereby wasting the officer's time as well as the applicant's.

FINALLY a happy update: after we moved to a new jurisdiction this past summer, my wife finally got her N-400 interview rescheduled for yesterday, merely a bit over 13 months after Chicago had refused to do the combo option back in Nov 2017 (following her initial application online in July 2017). It went fine!

Apparently the file didn't reflect the fact that her ROC had been adjudicated back in Dec 2017. Aargh. So there is some behind-the-scenes fiddling related to that and no on-the-spot approval, but the officer indicated that all should be well.

On 12/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, AK_2014 said:

FINALLY a happy update: after we moved to a new jurisdiction this past summer, my wife finally got her N-400 interview rescheduled for yesterday, merely a bit over 13 months after Chicago had refused to do the combo option back in Nov 2017 (following her initial application online in July 2017). It went fine!

Apparently the file didn't reflect the fact that her ROC had been adjudicated back in Dec 2017. Aargh. So there is some behind-the-scenes fiddling related to that and no on-the-spot approval, but the officer indicated that all should be well.

Congrats @AK_2014, finally you get to attend your itnerview !

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone, anybody who was transferred to Lee Summit, Missouri for I751 and got approved with the combo interview?? I just got an update that my I751 was transferred, also applied for N400 in october.. I am so confused with this Lee Summit center... freaking out!! Please anyone who has similar experience, please respond. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, Greencardchicago said:

Hello everyone, anybody who was transferred to Lee Summit, Missouri for I751 and got approved with the combo interview?? I just got an update that my I751 was transferred, also applied for N400 in october.. I am so confused with this Lee Summit center... freaking out!! Please anyone who has similar experience, please respond. Thank you

Exact same situation here. got an update on Dec 11th saying my interview for n-400 has been scheduled for Jan 16th. Then on Dec 21st, got an update on my I-751 saying it was transferred to 'my local office', Lee Summit, MO. I was like, #######? How is this my local office? I freaked out for a bit too, but there're some post in the main combo thread suggesting we just ignore the I-751 update, so that's what i'm going to do (not that i *can* do much else at this point). 

Complicating matters is that my wife is expecting any day now, and we have no idea if the interview will be a combo or not (doesn't seem like it, considering the transfer to Lee Summit), so we're unsure if my wife needs to come to the interview or not.

Edited by pastorom

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, pastorom said:

Exact same situation here. got an update on Dec 11th saying my interview for n-400 has been scheduled for Jan 16th. Then on Dec 21st, got an update on my I-751 saying it was transferred to 'my local office', Lee Summit, MO. I was like, #######? How is this my local office? I freaked out for a bit too, but there're some post in the main combo thread suggesting we just ignore the I-751 update, so that's what i'm going to do (not that i *ca* do much else at this point). 

Complicating matters is that my wife is expecting any day now, and we have no idea if the interview will be a combo or not (doesn't seem like it, considering the transfer to Lee Summit), so we're unsure if my wife needs to come to the interview or not.

Forgot to say, it appears that Lee Summit is actually NBC (would be great if someone else could confirm), so cases being transferred to the NBC sort of make sense, but i have no idea what the impact is. 

Edited by pastorom

1 hour ago, pastorom said:

Forgot to say, it appears that Lee Summit is actually NBC (would be great if someone else could confirm), so cases being transferred to the NBC sort of make sense, but i have no idea what the impact is. 

If I don't mind asking, when did you apply for N400? 

58 minutes ago, pastorom said:

June 2018

Thank you, I was curious to see how long did it take for you to get the interview after you filled your N400 case. I filled in October, so i am assuming that I will wait for 4-5 more months. The earliest I think will be in April or May... 

1 hour ago, Greencardchicago said:

Thank you, I was curious to see how long did it take for you to get the interview after you filled your N400 case. I filled in October, so i am assuming that I will wait for 4-5 more months. The earliest I think will be in April or May... 

Chicago office takes 6-7 months now to schedule an interview. It used to be 3-4 months before, oh well !

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 2:15 PM, Greencardchicago said:

You should get your Interview scheduled by April , possibly end of April or middle of May depending on when you filed  in October ! Did you get your 10 year GC ? or are you a  combo filer ?

So it looks like my i751 got approved, that was faster than I thought. So I'll no longer need a combo interview as my N400 is pending. 

Does my wife still need to attend my N400 interview? 

2 hours ago, ordjnb said:

So it looks like my i751 got approved, that was faster than I thought. So I'll no longer need a combo interview as my N400 is pending. 

Does my wife still need to attend my N400 interview? 

That's awesome ? When did you file your N-400 ? And to answer your question, NO your wife doesn't have to attend the N-400 as it is no longer a combo interview !

1 minute ago, xilef said:

That's awesome ? When did you file your N-400 ? And to answer your question, NO your wife doesn't have to attend the N-400 as it is no longer a combo interview !

November 2017. I'm surprised it was approved when we were expecting the i751 to take nearly 2 years. This is great news that she doesn't need to attend, things looking better 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.