TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

lol Our dates are the same! :D They received ours on the 17th also, and my fiance's interview is also the 22nd :) Good luck to you!!

How exciting, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. It’s been a long journey. My fiancé and I can’t wait for our reunion as soon to be man and wife. He has Been on deployment for 6 months. By the time I get to see him again as we’re aiming for me to move late May it would have been 11 months 😱. It’s been the longest time we’ve spent apart. However, I’m glad his deployment was now and not when I move over. I think it’s going to take me a while to settle in. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Allthephils said:

You have to pay the visa fee before you can do medical. You don’t have to select an interview date necessarily. I did, which seemed premature at the time, but it looks like we may not have to reschedule. Fingers crossed 🤞.

*Crossing fingers and toes for you! ;)

Will schedule and pay for everything next week or 2 weeks from now. Will see how it goes. ;)

Hope you have fun on your visit here this February! Hit Coron, Palawan it's one of my favorite places in the Philippines. Not like i've been to many. Hehe  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

Awww - I flew for the first time ever back in March when I visited my fiance for the first time.

Checking everything twice is totally different to saying "What do I do now? I got my NOA2..."

Totally respect you, and as I said, I knew I would be seen as the bad person for saying what I said, but I stand by it.  With the same breath though - I totally respect your opinion about what I have said.  Again though - "What if?" questions are not what I was referring to at all.  Those don't bother me in the slightest and its not what I was talking about.

What questions?  If you PM me you're much more likely to actually get a response directly, since sometimes this thread moves fast and I dont always read back every single message...

And in terms of your response to what I said, I most definitely wasn't talking about actually DOING things like going for a medical... but you at least know that after your NOA2, it goes to the NVC and then you get a medical, have an interview etc... THATS what I mean. You have done your research about the process after NOA2 and you know what you're doing... I'm talking about people who get their NOA2 after sitting around for 7 months and have absolutely no idea about what happens next... God knows what they'd do if this forum didn't exist.  As I said before, I'm very glad that it does, and I'm happy to help whenever and wherever I can, but I also believe I have the right to be shocked by people who don't know that they have a medical and an interview, or the general outline of the entire process.  Gosh.

I don't think anyone here would sit around for 7 or even 2 months after they receive their NOA2 but that is just my opinion... Also I was speaking along the lines of after we getting case number from NVC... But I can see your point as well. Most of us know that the medical  and interview and gathering evidence comes after the NVC but as I also said every consulate is different so it does not always come in the same order.

Package mailed USPS         : May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                : May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Email received           : May 28, 2018

NOA 1 Mail received             : June 01, 2018 ( NOA 1 date marked May 24, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received : June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     : June 19, 2018 

NEXT ?????????????????????????????

Wow. I just don’t know what to say. People who filed 6 weeks after me are scheduling medical and interviews and now people who filed 168 days after me have their non-expedited approvals. November non-expedited approvals. What the heck is going on at USCIS?  November filers are getting approvals in 69 days!  Tomorrow is day 239 and today I was told we haven’t been assigned yet. I need a drink. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Wow. I just don’t know what to say. People who filed 6 weeks after me are scheduling medical and interviews and now people who filed 168 days after me have their non-expedited approvals. November non-expedited approvals. What the heck is going on at USCIS?  November filers are getting approvals in 69 days!  Tomorrow is day 239 and today I was told we haven’t been assigned yet. I need a drink. 

If that person is being honest, November is very clearly an outlier John - let logic lead.  They only just started July.  They didn't skip past August and September.  I feel for you, I do, but don't drive yourself crazy over a distant outlier.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

But again thats clearly not what I said.  I never said anything about the time after NOA2.  I also hadn't aimed my opinion at you, so what you said about after NVC case number wasn't what I was talking about at all.

Let me be simple and clear:  I am shocked by people who come here and say "I got my NOA2 and have no idea what else I have to do now?".  I am not being offensive about those people. I am not saying I will not help those people. I am also not saying that it isn't OK to have sat around for 7 months since the NOA1 without researching, reading or learning what happens next BUT it shocks me.  It shocks me even more when those people have been in this thread, over and over and over complaining about how long it takes to get that NOA2... but you didn't even get yourself ready or prepared...  Thats it. Plain and simple.  Not offensive. Just my opinion that it surprises me.

Cool?

OOOOOOh, my bad... I took what you said out of context..... 

Package mailed USPS         : May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                : May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Email received           : May 28, 2018

NOA 1 Mail received             : June 01, 2018 ( NOA 1 date marked May 24, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received : June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     : June 19, 2018 

NEXT ?????????????????????????????

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jay & K said:

OOOOOOh, my bad... I took what you said out of context..... 

No problem - it happens

(In progress)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Sorry to hear this John Praying for you guys!!

7 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

If that person is being honest, November is very clearly an outlier John - let logic lead.  They only just started July.  They didn't skip past August and September.  I feel for you, I do, but don't drive yourself crazy over a distant outlier.

I realize that but it was two people on the same date. Both are here. I am very happy for them but USCIS is pissing me off!  It is that plus the July 20 and 21 approvals. That is 45 days after we filed. They are getting steady approvals. July had maybe a dozen online approvals today. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Hoosier81 said:

Sorry to hear this John Praying for you guys!!

I will be fine tomorrow. I just need to vent. I really appreciate all the support here. I hope that I can help people as much as the people here have helped me. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is just straight insanity!:o

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I realize that but it was two people on the same date. Both are here. I am very happy for them but USCIS is listing me off!  It is that plus the July 20 and 21 approvals. That is 45 days after we filed. They are getting steady approvals. July had maybe a dozen online approvals today. 

And I genuinely understand. I truly do.  To be told you haven't even been assigned to an adjudicator, I'd be severely angry at this point, so I do understand, and I validate and accept your anger and frustration... but November outliers shouldn't be your focus.  August and September are between July and November, so clearly thats not a normal thing - could be any number of things.

Be 'pi**ed' about the situation by all means, but don't let THAT make it worse for you :-)

(In progress)

1 minute ago, vocaledge said:

And I genuinely understand. I truly do.  To be told you haven't even been assigned to an adjudicator, I'd be severely angry at this point, so I do understand, and I validate and accept your anger and frustration... but November outliers shouldn't be your focus.  August and September are between July and November, so clearly thats not a normal thing - could be any number of things.

Be 'pi**ed' about the situation by all means, but don't let THAT make it worse for you :-)

Thank you for the calming words. I just needed to vent a little. I will be fine I. The morning and back to my normal app watching!  Thank you again. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.