mariediena

It Took 11 Years for Our K-1 Visa Journey to Begin

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancé and I have been in a relationship for 11 years now and we are looking forward to celebrating the next chapter of our lives together after being apart for more than a decade.

My fiancé and I first met in 2006 when we were in high school in the Philippines. We were initially friends and became official as a couple in January 2007. Our long distance relationship began not long after we became a couple. Four months later, May of  2007, I had to move to the United Kingdom to live with my family. Throughout the years, our ways of communication evolved from mailing each other love letters, international prepaid phone calls, text messaging,  and various social media platforms such as Yahoo Messenger, Friendster, Skype, Facebook,  and now Facetime - making things a little easier.

The next time we met  after I left  Philippines in 2007 was in  March 2010 when I attended his graduation there. I still couldn't believe how we managed not seeing each other for 3 long years! Well I guess, love does conquer all!

He was then petitioned by his parents to the US in 2012 and  in  August of that year I came to visit him in California. Again, another 2 years of not seeing each other! I was still studying at university then and both of us didn't really have enough money to see each  other as often as we would like to. However, when I graduated in 2014, got a job and he became a RN in the US, we were able to go on holidays together and see each other more often than we used to - which is twice a year! Still not a lot, I know.

When he became a US citizen in August 2017, we couldn't wait to file for the K1 visa. We know that this would be another long journey. It's another test of patience, but I pray that someday, we will be together. We waited for 11 years to be able to just file a petition for K1 visa and I guess a couple of months won't hurt that much.

For everyone who's patiently waiting,  please remember that this is the final test of patience. You're almost there - we are almost there. <3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What a nice story.  All the best to you.

---

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Introducing Our Members forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

True love prevails

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12