pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Submitted the form for the text/email notifications and never got any. It was the wrong amount on the bank check so we got our RFE today for AP and I-485 for that. No news yet on the EAD.

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

It is confusing.

We were married in CA. We had to register for a license before we could schedule a wedding, and that license was the one that the judge signed right after the ceremony, so I assumed that wasn't the document needed for AOS.

I was told that the certificate you receive after a month or so is what's required because your marriage isn't registered the day of the ceremony, but I also read that it's just a souvenir. I remember being asked if I wanted a certified copy during registration, though. We even paid for it. I assumed that that was the certificate we received a month later. So yeah, CONFUSING.

But anyway, to be safe, I sent both the signed license and the certificate.

We got married in a county here in Georgia and our marriage license was collected by the Judge who told us to expect a certificate in 10days. We sent the regular certificate to USCIS without being certifying it. We only got an Rfe for i-864, which means the other Documents are fine. "my view tho" 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Orkey said:

We got married in a county here in Georgia and our marriage license was collected by the Judge who told us to expect a certificate in 10days. We sent the regular certificate to USCIS without being certifying it. We only got an Rfe for i-864, which means the other Documents are fine. "my view tho" 

It's crazy how every state is different! we got married at the city hall and got 4 certified copies at the end of the ceremony which was prepared before when we applied for the license. We also got one certificate the same day as a souvenir for framing.

I think it goes by state, no? When we got married we applied for marriage license and had to wait couple of days to pick it up and it came in an envelope saying marriage certificate, the certificate itself had a county seal there was another paper that we signed and left it with the person who officiated the wedding.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eros99 said:

I think it goes by state, no? When we got married we applied for marriage license and had to wait couple of days to pick it up and it came in an envelope saying marriage certificate, the certificate itself had a county seal there was another paper that we signed and left it with the person who officiated the wedding.

Yea it does it was the same with us except ours werent mailed we got it on the day of the wedding and it says marriage certificate on it with the official seal and signatures also we didnt pay anything for them they waived all fees becuz my husband is active duty 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Stewt said:

It's crazy how every state is different! we got married at the city hall and got 4 certified copies at the end of the ceremony which was prepared before when we applied for the license. We also got one certificate the same day as a souvenir for framing.

True! It makes everything so confusing. I feel like they should be clearer about this, not just to filers but also to the officers because I think whether or not you get an RFE also depends on what the officer thinks is the "correct"/an "acceptable" document. 

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Timeline
4 minutes ago, lezahennaid said:

True! It makes everything so confusing. I feel like they should be clearer about this, not just to filers but also to the officers because I think whether or not you get an RFE also depends on what the officer thinks is the "correct"/an "acceptable" document. 

If we're not careful this whole process will drive us all nuts lol! I do believe they make things more complicated than it need to be to get us and with that comes frustrations but we just gotta relax and provide all they require of us! The goal is to try exercise patience.

14 minutes ago, Stewt said:

Yea it does it was the same with us except ours werent mailed we got it on the day of the wedding and it says marriage certificate on it with the official seal and signatures also we didnt pay anything for them they waived all fees becuz my husband is active duty 

Ours is half and half, the top part says marriage license and the bottom says marriage certificate. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Stewt said:

If we're not careful this whole process will drive us all nuts lol! I do believe they make things more complicated than it need to be to get us and with that comes frustrations but we just gotta relax and provide all they require of us! The goal is to try exercise patience.

Exactly. Patience when it comes to waiting as well as patience when you get an RFE for something that someone else didn't get an RFE for. :P but really, these officers need to be on the same page. I'm tired of being anxious, hoping the officer handling my case isn't super finicky.

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Timeline
Just now, lezahennaid said:

Exactly. Patience when it comes to waiting as well as patience when you get an RFE for something that someone else didn't get an RFE for. :P but really, these officers need to be on the same page. I'm tired of being anxious, hoping the officer handling my case isn't super finicky.

You are so right! It's like a hit or miss when it comes to each case

2 minutes ago, Stewt said:

Ditto.

I had to stay away from here and other forums for a few weeks lol, every time I came on here and read people's posts I just went bonkers thinking I didn't do enough and whatnot. Looking back, I think I put more than enough.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eros99 said:

Ours is half and half, the top part says marriage license and the bottom says marriage certificate. 

Ooh ok ours says certificate of Marriage on top and bottom and seal on the bottom left! The souvenir says the same thing too but looks completly different from the official one

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eros99 said:

Ditto.

I had to stay away from here and other forums for a few weeks lol, every time I came on here and read people's posts I just went bonkers thinking I didn't do enough and whatnot. Looking back, I think I put more than enough.

Hahaha i know what u mean!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys ,

Took a little time away from the forums because school and work had me going. How is it going for everyone ? USPS informed me that my babe has mail coming today so I hope its his biometrics appointment.  As usual , good luck to all of us :)

Shan:)

10 hours ago, Catseal said:

Was it necessary to send three copies? We included one certified copy with the AOS form, none with the other two forms :/ (all documents sent together).  

Certified with the AOS and copies for the other two.  They are 3 separate application forms and need separate documentation for each.  That is why you need to submit the G-1145 for each if you want to be electronically notified for each.  

12 November 2016 (Sat): First meeting - Hong Kong/Macau

11 February 2017 (Sat): Second meeting - Philippines

14 February 2017 (Tue): Engaged

K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.