pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Just now, lezahennaid said:

Just sent our AOS packet today. Finally! Joining this train... :D Good luck to us!

Yay Welcome to January AOS Filers! Glad to have you aboard this train! Wooo Woooo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I am currently applying for my adjustment of status in Jan 2018 and am confused because it seems a lot of the policies have been updated. I was wondering if anybody could shine some clarity onto my confused situation. (One US citizen, one Japanese national)

Here are the questions I have:

1) We have received our K1 Visa and been married 60 days into our 90 day limit. Now we are applying for green card. Do we still need to file the form I-130 with the form I-485 when applying for AOS?

2) Do we need to attach any proof of relationship/proof of marriage (other than the marriage certificate)?

3) I am still a little confused as to everything we need to prepare/include. Does anybody have an example cover letter from their application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :+D 

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, mitsuwa said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am currently applying for my adjustment of status in Jan 2018 and am confused because it seems a lot of the policies have been updated. I was wondering if anybody could shine some clarity onto my confused situation. (One US citizen, one Japanese national)

Here are the questions I have:

1) We have received our K1 Visa and been married 60 days into our 90 day limit. Now we are applying for green card. Do we still need to file the form I-130 with the form I-485 when applying for AOS?

2) Do we need to attach any proof of relationship/proof of marriage (other than the marriage certificate)?

3) I am still a little confused as to everything we need to prepare/include. Does anybody have an example cover letter from their application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :+D 

Thank you! 

HI, 

Let me try to clear out your doubts, since u came in via a k1 visa and you just got married, you don't need to file form I-130 with your I-485 its not applicable to you. Secondly, the Marriage certificate is enough to proof that you are married, but some usually front load there application with marriage photographs, which I think you can take with you to the interview if one is required of you. And lastly, my cover letter is simply more like a table of content, one which gives them a detailed idea of what I have put together. Check out this website, you may find it helpful: http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/adjustment-of-status-aos-k1-visa/prepare-aos-package-forms-requirements-checklist/ 

I hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, Eros99 said:

My packet was delivered on the 27th at 8.25 am, still waiting for the NOA1 hopefully it will be sometimes soon.

And good luck to everybody.

Welcome :D Mine was delivered on the 26th and I got my NOA1 on the 2nd so I am sure yours is coming. I got the text and emails for it at 10:30pm on the 2nd. Still waiting for the hard copy.

My packet was delivered January 1st, I'm so excited and nervous!! I've already been checking my email nonstop haha. My husband is adjusting from F-1 status. Hopefully all goes well!!

11 hours ago, Kaitmarie said:

My packet was delivered January 1st, I'm so excited and nervous!! I've already been checking my email nonstop haha. My husband is adjusting from F-1 status. Hopefully all goes well!!

Good luck to you guys! Glad to have you aboard the crazy train with us. :D

Hi all, we filed the AOS package on December 27th, 2017 Chicago received it on January 2nd, 2018.

Still waiting for NOA1.

We had the package prepared by our attorney so we didn't submit the G1145 form. But it seems like if you register on USCIS website and enter all the receipt numbers, you can also get email and SMS updates? Anyways hope you all the best of luck!!!

Edited by bestofluck

Hi guys. I feel stupid for asking this but on i-485 section 7 number two, my wife is filling out the form for herself and it asks for race. She is Mexican, but none of them apply. She marked Hispanic on number 1, but what race listed applies to Hispanic for number 2? 

Edited by Esposito303

4 hours ago, Esposito303 said:

Hi guys. I feel stupid for asking this but on i-485 section 7 number two, my wife is filling out the form for herself and it asks for race. She is Mexican, but none of them apply. She marked Hispanic on number 1, but what race listed applies to Hispanic for number 2? 

Her ethnicity is Hispanic right? As for her race, from understanding it comes down to whether she white hispanic or black hispanic.

Maybe this will answer your question,

https://www.census.gov/population/estimates/rho.txt

Edited by Eros99

Got my hard copies of my NOA1 for AOS and EAD today! woohoo. Now I can go to the DMV and get my Colorado driver license. :) Gonna do that after my volunteer job interview Tuesday morning. Gonna take my husband to work that day that way I have use of the vehicle.

Well those of us that got notices should start receiving our bio-metrics appointments soon. :D 

Every day is one day closer to having our conditional green cards. We can do this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.