pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Heads up, both the USCIS sites are still saying "Fingerprint Fee/Received Biometrics Fee"  for me with nothing about the interview but here I am with letter in hand. And FYI, interview letter was mailed out to me Fri, Jul 27th and I got it Monday  30th so it only took a weekend for me to actually get.

Edited by BahamaIslander242

I started training for my job yesterday. I really feel comfortable there. So many people have many years with this company. My husband has worked for them for 8 years now. I am honestly hoping that I do not get my interview until December or January or later because I can not take time off until I am done training which will be the end of October. So cross fingers I do not get my interview notice until after that. :) Thankfully Denver seems to be slow still. I would hate to have to reschedule it but if I have to I have to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I started training for my job yesterday. I really feel comfortable there. So many people have many years with this company. My husband has worked for them for 8 years now. I am honestly hoping that I do not get my interview until December or January or later because I can not take time off until I am done training which will be the end of October. So cross fingers I do not get my interview notice until after that. :) Thankfully Denver seems to be slow still. I would hate to have to reschedule it but if I have to I have to.

I am happy that is going well. That’s wonderful!

Hi, I applied for an expedite for my AP because of an Emergency Situation; my sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer...

I faxed the support (doctors letter, proof of relationship to sister) for the expedite today . How long will it take from this point to get approved/have the card in hand? What is the best way to follow-up with the USCIS?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, kvito28 said:

A question to those who already had their interviews: How long did it take to receive a letter in mail after your status got updated "We scheduled for interview?". Thank you!

Mine took 4days.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 7/31/2018 at 2:38 PM, Noonymoon said:

Mine took 4days.  

So far it has been a week for me including the weekend. I hope to see it come sometime soon. I decided to give it 2 weeks before I try to set up infopass and call The USCIS.

Timeline
On 8/1/2018 at 12:45 PM, kvito28 said:

So far it has been a week for me including the weekend. I hope to see it come sometime soon. I decided to give it 2 weeks before I try to set up infopass and call The USCIS.

I thought i asked this question but i guess I didn't hit "submit"....

What is infopass????

Timeline
20 hours ago, Noonymoon said:

I thought i asked this question but i guess I didn't hit "submit"....

What is infopass????

Infopass is an appointment in your field office to ask various questions and address some of the IMPORTANT questions. Not receiving interview notice is a good reason to go in. The USCIS website only let you make appointment 2 weeks from the current date. Spots become available only between 12AM - 5AM. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Infopass is an appointment in your field office to ask various questions and address some of the IMPORTANT questions. Not receiving interview notice is a good reason to go in. The USCIS website only let you make appointment 2 weeks from the current date. Spots become available only between 12AM - 5AM. 

Oh ok. Thank you. 

Timeline

Hi everyone! 

Today, I received an official interview notice for I-485 which is scheduled for Aug 22nd. It has all the generic stuff in it except one part...

There was a second sheet and on it is says attachment and below it says that submitted I-693 is either expired or my file does not contain a valid I-693 form. I am very confused... I submitted I-693 at the time of filing which was way less than 1 year ago. Also, the USCIS did not send me the courtesy letter about I-693 that most people get when they do not submit medical form at the time of filing. Has anyone experienced the same issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attached is the screenshot of this attachment section.

Thanks in advance!

Attachment.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Hi everyone! 

Today, I received an official interview notice for I-485 which is scheduled for Aug 22nd. It has all the generic stuff in it except one part...

There was a second sheet and on it is says attachment and below it says that submitted I-693 is either expired or my file does not contain a valid I-693 form. I am very confused... I submitted I-693 at the time of filing which was way less than 1 year ago. Also, the USCIS did not send me the courtesy letter about I-693 that most people get when they do not submit medical form at the time of filing. Has anyone experienced the same issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attached is the screenshot of this attachment section.

Thanks in advance!

Attachment.jpeg

Im at the same field office as you!! My interview is on Aug 21. A day before yours. I also received the same requested information and was looking for more information about this!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, bracy said:

Im at the same field office as you!! My interview is on Aug 21. A day before yours. I also received the same requested information and was looking for more information about this!

Good luck! Keep me updated about how it goes. I hope someone responds to this.

Timeline

Hi Everyone!

After waiting for over 200 days I got an RFE and they want my most recent year tax return.

The problem is when I submitted my I-864 in December I used my 2016 tax return and now my most recent one is 2017 so do I redo I-864 and make a new affiliate of support packet?? Or do I just send in my tax return I used in 2016? 

Im so confused 🤷‍♂️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, WafaAamir said:

Hi Everyone!

After waiting for over 200 days I got an RFE and they want my most recent year tax return.

The problem is when I submitted my I-864 in December I used my 2016 tax return and now my most recent one is 2017 so do I redo I-864 and make a new affiliate of support packet?? Or do I just send in my tax return I used in 2016? 

Im so confused 🤷‍♂️ 

The most recent year would be the tax return from 2017. If you have that tax return available I would submit it (if you filed an extension for 2017 tax return I would send them a copy of the extension).

Timeline
2 hours ago, janet3 said:

The most recent year would be the tax return from 2017. If you have that tax return available I would submit it (if you filed an extension for 2017 tax return I would send them a copy of the extension).

Thank you for responding. I have my 2017 tax return. Do I need to fill a new I 864? Since it’s different incomes and everything?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.