pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Have you received any automated text message as was the case when USCIS accepted your cases and routed them to the National Benefits Center?

Yes. I received email last January after them receiving my application 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hey guys. 

I have a question but IDK if you'll be able to answer it (I hope so!).

After we get our green cards approved, do we receive the SS cards as well (for those who checked the "yes" box on the form i-485 about having the card mailed to you)?

I haven't heard anything about my EAD/AP yet, so I don't think I'll get my EAD card before the green card interview which will be in a month.

Thanks!

Hi @DebbieWRaney

Typically what would happen is USICS would share your info with SS Office however there are circumstances where things get lots along the way. Dont worry its fine, if after receiving your EAD (wait a week or a little more) and you dont receive, just visit the closest Security Office to request your Social Security.

If you have more questions refer to this https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

Additionally, remember you dont necessarily need to wait for your GC or EAD, with your i-94 SS Administration can print your SC.

Good luck

Edited by T_P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, T_P said:

Hi @DebbieWRaney

Typically what would happen is USICS would share your info with SS Office however there are circumstances where things get lots along the way. Dont worry its fine, if after receiving your EAD (wait a week or a little more) and you dont receive, just visit the closest Security Office to request your Social Security.

If you have more questions refer to this https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

Additionally, remember you dont necessarily need to wait for your GC or EAD, with your i-94 SS Administration can print your SC.

Good luck

Hello @T_P!

Thanks for answering my question so promptly!

My problem is that the Phoenix SS office said I could have problems if I changed my SS card before I had applied for my green card. They told me to wait till I got my EAD or my GC and then went to the SS office again to change my name on it.

So that's why I'm thinking that after I get my GC or EAD, I'll have to go to the SS office to change my name on it.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hello @T_P!

Thanks for answering my question so promptly!

My problem is that the Phoenix SS office said I could have problems if I changed my SS card before I had applied for my green card. They told me to wait till I got my EAD or my GC and then went to the SS office again to change my name on it.

So that's why I'm thinking that after I get my GC or EAD, I'll have to go to the SS office to change my name on it.

Completely understand and although I dont see why you would have problem with that, I would wait then. Unless you have something very urgent I would wait. But again, if after receiving your GC or EAD a week/two weeks later you dont get your SS in the mail, just walk in and they will mail a copy of that for you. 

The detail in your case is that since you marked as "Yes" USCIS may actually initiate that process for you so in this case just seat back and wait. :D or you can read my Interview review (signature) and get ready for your interview.

Have a great week.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
20 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Yes. I received email last January after them receiving my application 

Well, I’m talking about this text message. I did receive around 1 am today after I noticed the notorious “user defined error “ glitch when checking my case yesterday. I only receive this message when there’s an update on my case. The last time was to inform me about receipt of my RFIE response but this time i couldn’t access my case. So, i’ll definitely be calling USCIS to enquire about the update on my case because it clearly shows it was updated yesterday. I advise you register on the USCIS online my case status and check when your case was last updated.

BA37B824-0F5F-425F-9ADD-47177E150836.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, simonvikih79 said:

Well, I’m talking about this text message. I did receive around 1 am today after I noticed the notorious “user defined error “ glitch when checking my case yesterday. I only receive this message when there’s an update on my case. The last time was to inform me about receipt of my RFIE response but this time i couldn’t access my case. So, i’ll definitely be calling USCIS to enquire about the update on my case because it clearly shows it was updated yesterday. I advise you register on the USCIS online my case status and check when your case was last updated.

BA37B824-0F5F-425F-9ADD-47177E150836.jpeg

No, I just received email last week that last action been made last March 19. That’s it. And when I’m trying to check my status it’s validation error and when I’m checking my uscis account it’s still fingerprint received. So I don’t know which one is real

Edited by cherryblossoms916

On 4/7/2018 at 9:46 AM, lezahennaid said:

Status just changed to "card was mailed". Hopefully, I get it next week as my upcoming job interviews require me to bring the card. 

So happy that a lot of January filers are getting their interview letters as well. That "user-defined error" is more of a blessing tbh. Everyone who got the error got their interview sched soon after. :) Good luck, everyone!

BeautyPlus_20180407074052_save.jpg

That is so exciting. congrats!!!

Good morning everyone

Update Just got off the phone a little while ago with a tier 2 officer . I called in regarding the User-Defined error she did confirm to me that its an ongoing issue they are work on and that the lasts update on the case was that they were requesting my wife for interview. So happy for the news this morning also she put me on a brief hold while she double checked and told me yup they are requesting for an interview. No date yet confirmed hope to see mail this week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 minute ago, GioRod said:

Good morning everyone

Update Just got off the phone a little while ago with a tier 2 officer . I called in regarding the User-Defined error she did confirm to me that its an ongoing issue they are work on and that the lasts update on the case was that they were requesting my wife for interview. So happy for the news this morning also she put me on a brief hold while she double checked and told me yup they are requesting for an interview. No date yet confirmed hope to see mail this week.

hi! 

since when did you experience the “user defined error”?

Just now, JahRyl said:

hi! 

since when did you experience the “user defined error”?

Two days ago 4/7/18

I have just got the infamous 'user defined error'. 

I am a Feb filer so I highly doubt it is anything to do with my interview. 

DHS still says 'we reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case' 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

14 minutes ago, GioRod said:

Good morning everyone

See! I told you it's the interview letter. :D Super happy for you! Good luck!

01/03/2018 - Sent AOS, EAD and AP packet 

01/12/2018 - NOA1

01/19/2018 - Received NOA 1 hard copies

01/26/2018 - Received biometrics appointment letter

02/05/2018 - Biometrics schedule

02/26/2018 - "User-defined error" when tracking I-485 status

02/27/2018 - Called USCIS regarding tracking issue and was told that a request for interview letter was sent this day

(Tracking issue is due to a glitch that happens when a case is updated, usually when interview letter is sent - no fix for this atm)

03/05/2018 - Received AOS interview schedule

04/03/2018 - AOS interview (same day approval but not on the spot)

04/03/2018 - AP was denied

04/06/2018 - Green card was mailed to me

04/07/2018 - Received AOS approval notice in the mail

1 minute ago, S*UK said:

That is what I said, too, when I got the error. I believe I was the first one in the January 2018 AOS thread to report this error and when a tier 2 rep told me they sent me an interview letter on Feb. 27, I said there's no way that's possible because I just sent the packet in January.... but guess what? I received the letter in March and did the interview last week. :P

It's preeeeetty safe to say that the user-defined error happens when there's an update on one's case, most likely when an interview letter is sent. Best of luck to you!

01/03/2018 - Sent AOS, EAD and AP packet 

01/12/2018 - NOA1

01/19/2018 - Received NOA 1 hard copies

01/26/2018 - Received biometrics appointment letter

02/05/2018 - Biometrics schedule

02/26/2018 - "User-defined error" when tracking I-485 status

02/27/2018 - Called USCIS regarding tracking issue and was told that a request for interview letter was sent this day

(Tracking issue is due to a glitch that happens when a case is updated, usually when interview letter is sent - no fix for this atm)

03/05/2018 - Received AOS interview schedule

04/03/2018 - AOS interview (same day approval but not on the spot)

04/03/2018 - AP was denied

04/06/2018 - Green card was mailed to me

04/07/2018 - Received AOS approval notice in the mail

1 minute ago, S*UK said:

dhs site for me says they received my RFE and I called today and they told me that. if I'm not mistaken dhs is only updated every 15 days the 15th and 30th cant remember what forum.

Just now, lezahennaid said:

That is what I said, too, when I got the error. I believe I was the first one in the January 2018 AOS thread to report this error and when a tier 2 rep told me they sent me an interview letter on Feb. 27, I said there's no way that's possible because I just sent the packet in January.... but guess what? I received the letter in March and did the interview last week. :P

It's preeeeetty safe to say that the user-defined error happens when there's an update on one's case, most likely when an interview letter is sent. Best of luck to you!

The reason I doubt that is because they only received my RFIE last week. I bet the update was to say they have resumed processing my case or something similar. Hopefully not another RFE

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.