pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stewt said:

Oh cool beans! I was really hoping the EAD notice would've updated by now but it hasn't. I was planning on doing an early walk in for the bio but wanted an update on the EAD noa first!! Fingers crossed we'll get that update real soon🤞🤞

Correct, I would like to get an update on the EAD before the bio too. This is one thing i hesitate about walking in next week. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning, Ive noticed that quite a few of you are tracking updates. How did you get a reference number in order to track it on the apps?

Is it the same number from when we awaiting notification of K1 approval or is it something new you get after they start processing your I-485-131-864 etc.?

Thanks

Ahh what does this mean when will I know?! Has anyone else gotten this update yet? 

IMG_6645.PNG

2 hours ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Good Morning, Ive noticed that quite a few of you are tracking updates. How did you get a reference number in order to track it on the apps?

Is it the same number from when we awaiting notification of K1 approval or is it something new you get after they start processing your I-485-131-864 etc.?

Thanks

on the email NOA there are tracking numbers

Edited by Kaitmarie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, keixjil said:

Thank uou. Also wish you hear sthin good next week!! 

I definitely will but right now if my application is being forwarded to Seattle field office and it might be awhile for my interview date to be scheduled 

How will you know if your application is being forwarded to Seattle?. coz mine says accepted and routed to NBC for processing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
34 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

How will you know if your application is being forwarded to Seattle?. coz mine says accepted and routed to NBC for processing. 

Hi, i assume that NBC is done checking my GC application then forward to my local field to schedule for an interview. My case got updated to “case is ready to schedule for an interview” 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Timeline
20 minutes ago, keixjil said:

Hi, i assume that NBC is done checking my GC application then forward to my local field to schedule for an interview. My case got updated to “case is ready to schedule for an interview” 

I mean this states on my email after sending my application and receiving my case number. Did you received already your interview schedule?

Edited by cherryblossoms916

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
39 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

I mean this states on my email after sending my application and receiving my case number. Did you received already your interview schedule?

Sorry but I quite dont get what you meant. I haven’t reveived my interview schedule. It could be monthsss later because the local field in WA is backlogged. When the local field office is done reviewing my case, they will send me a notice ( I assume)

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

On 2/12/2018 at 12:57 PM, cherryblossoms916 said:

So based on your post looks like you've already received NOAs for your applications, my question is have you already created an account on USCIS website to track your case status? If not and you want to, go ahead and create one. It's pretty easy and straight forward.

23 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

After NBC is done sorting through your application and once you've done your biometrics they will send your application to your local office and your local office will set an interview date, on your case tracker it will show "ready to be scheduled for an interview".

Edited by Eros99

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Good news and not so exciting news:

I got a text message/email plus an alert on the app letting me know that I will soon receive in the mail a RFE ughh,  I am very curious to know what it is about...

Hopefully it is something that I can easily fix and send back by the end of the week. Will keep yall posted when I get it in the mail.

On the another side, the good news I was able to walk in today and get my biometrics done, 10 days in advance woot woot!!

I went in the afternoon around 2:15pm and it was totally empty, I was the only one in the center.  It is only when I was done that a family came in.

The guard and the associate were both really nice and didn't even ask why I came early. I was in and out in 10min max.

I would recommend, if you try to walk in early, to go in the afternoon because from what I read on other threads and saw today there are less busy and you have more chances to get accepted for a walk in.

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eros99 said:

So based on your post looks like you've already received NOAs for your applications, my question is have you already created an account on USCIS website to track your case status? If not and you want to go ahead and create one. It's pretty easy and straight forward.

After NBC is done sorting through your application and once you've done your biometrics they will send your application to your local office and your local office will set an interview date, on your case tracker it will show "ready to be scheduled for an interview".

Yes, I already have my NOAs and I’ve been tracking them through case tracker app. And tomorrow is my biometrics appointment.😊 I am just asking that question coz I thought it would be fast processing when your case will be transferring to NBC.  

Biometrics done! Super quick, just 10 minutes and really nice people down there. The guy taking my biometrics today thought it was so funny that we both had the same birthday. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.