Kristi&Luigi

Estimated time left?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As a follow up, even when things seemed to be moving relatively quickly and USCIS was on their game, NVC threw a wrench in the works and lost all of our paperwork. What should have taken about two weeks (that stage of the process) took an extra three months. Not saying that will happen to you, but use our situation as evidence that projected timelines are utterly worthless. They may serve as a general guideline, but there are far too many variables involved to predict a suitable outcome.

Best advice, stop thinking about it. Focus on something else. Plan and prepare for her / his arrival. I used that time to download movies in my fiances native language. I built a huge library of music for her. I used pictures from my visits to the islands to frame and hang strategically in the house so when she arrived, she had a little flavor of home in each room. For me, it served as a great time killer and kept my mind busy.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What do you mean by hard to survive? Financially? If so, Have you thought about coming back to the states and getting a job here? Then you can send some money back and help you fiance as well. I dont know your current situation well, but most people on here stay in the states during this process for that reason. We cant just leave our jobs for months at a time

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

After he successfully enters US you will be together but things won't be so much easier.

There will be money problems, AOS filling, waiting for GC, him unable to get driver licence and move freely without your help, months of waiting before he can legally work, staying at home alone as an alien in not familiar place, culutural difference, boredom, feeling useless..

If couple of months of waiting did such a devastation to your relationship that you want to give up the proces, maybe stop and consider what exacly do you want guys, and if you are really ready for all of this. All of us knew its not going to be easy dealing with slow processing immigration machine and being apart from each other, waiting to have what other couples from the same countries have for granted.

Its probably less then 2 months to get NOA2 for you atm. GL and stay positive and if possible busy with something, to kill the time.

Edited by Marcelina

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

It feels like our life is being torn appart by this system. We lost so much with this process. And don't know if in the end this is all worth it. 

Can you elaborate a little bit, why is your situation so drastic?

Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Expect 10 to 12 months for POE.  Right now it is 6 to 8 months for NOA2.  I would anticipate your NOA 2 an very late February or early March.  WE are on day 204 waiting for ours.  Today is only day 146 for you.  Be patient and relax.  It will also be 6 to 8 weeks for NVC after NOA2.  This is not a quick process.

This site generally uses the received date so here you are an August 8th filer.

It's sounding like a CR-1 is the best option now.

28 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

It's sounding like a CR-1 is the best option now.

Actually, if I knew then what I know now, the CR-1 would be the preferred path.  It is cheaper, easier and generally runs the same timeline now.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

We filed 15-June and still waiting. The official USCIS processing time was stuck on "as of" 30-September for the longest time and they seem to have just updated it to 31-October and it says they're on 01-June applications. Someone told me before that even if I sent the paperwork to Texas it's being processed in California, so that's the center whose timeline I should follow. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but either way both Texas and California say 01-June per the USCIS website. I'm hoping to hear something any day now. We talk every day several times a day and keep each other positive. Focus on what you do want and not what you don't want. Always stay hopeful that the government will see the incredible love you share for one another like we hope they will see ours.

Edited by Wallhut

4 hours ago, Gregory&Dyn said:

As a follow up, even when things seemed to be moving relatively quickly and USCIS was on their game, NVC threw a wrench in the works and lost all of our paperwork. What should have taken about two weeks (that stage of the process) took an extra three months. Not saying that will happen to you, but use our situation as evidence that projected timelines are utterly worthless. They may serve as a general guideline, but there are far too many variables involved to predict a suitable outcome.

Best advice, stop thinking about it. Focus on something else. Plan and prepare for her / his arrival. I used that time to download movies in my fiances native language. I built a huge library of music for her. I used pictures from my visits to the islands to frame and hang strategically in the house so when she arrived, she had a little flavor of home in each room. For me, it served as a great time killer and kept my mind busy.

Pick up a rice cooker and check with your cable provider for ABS-CBN!  I can get their shows here.  I don't think Rose and the kids can live without La Luna Sangre...

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Actually, if I knew then what I know now, the CR-1 would be the preferred path.  It is cheaper, easier and generally runs the same timeline now.

No one could predict K-1 processing would slow down this much, we decided on faster option, thats not so fast anymore

7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Expect 10 to 12 months for POE.  Right now it is 6 to 8 months for NOA2.  I would anticipate your NOA 2 an very late February or early March.  WE are on day 204 waiting for ours.  Today is only day 146 for you.  Be patient and relax.  It will also be 6 to 8 weeks for NVC after NOA2.  This is not a quick process.

This site generally uses the received date so here you are an August 8th filer.

Why almost six months more for someone who filed in August? I'm a July 31st filer, does that mean I'm going to have to wait two more months for a NOA2? that doesn't add up.

7 minutes ago, jayjay02 said:

Why almost six months more for someone who filed in August? I'm a July 31st filer, does that mean I'm going to have to wait two more months for a NOA2? that doesn't add up.

I’m at 7 months and I’m an early June filer. What don’t you understand. July 31 plus 200 days is February 16. So, if you average the 180 to 210 that is current, you have a month and a half  more to wait. It is crappy but these are real numbers.  I’m at day 204 without any notification at all. 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

I’m at 7 months and I’m an early June filer. What don’t you understand. July 31 plus 200 days is February 16. So, if you average the 180 to 220 that is current, you have 2 more months to wait. It is crappy but these are real numbers. 

Because If I get it in February, that would be 7 months, not 10 or 12?  So it would not be that different for someone who filed 3 days after us. That's what doesn't add up. 

11 minutes ago, jayjay02 said:

Because If I get it in February, that would be 7 months, not 10 or 12?  So it would not be that different for someone who filed 3 days after us. That's what doesn't add up. 

Apple to Apples.  The 10 to 12 months is POE. You have 6 to 8 weeks for NVC after NOA2. Then you have interview and VOH. NOA 2 is 7 months. NVC is 2 months. Interview is 1 month. VOH can be a week to a month later then travel. 

My post was about POE, not NOA2.  POE is 10 to 12 months.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

@Kristi&Luigi really requires patience. My fiance and I plans were totally changed. -_- If only we knew that K1 is slow, maybe we chose CR1 instead at least I can have my GC once I arrive in states.

I am a June filer and received NOA2 last November 30, 2017. Until now I am still waiting for case number from NVC. My US fiance might call NVC after New Year hoping to get good news.

My problem now is that my CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage -  Philippines) will be turning six months old this January 18, 2018. I don't know if Consular in Myanmar would still accept it if it happens that my interview will be on February or March or maybe I have to secure new said document.

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@John & Rose you are great with the timelines. Really appreciate your feedback. Question for you: we have a NOA2 of Nov 8, 2017. The case has not gone to NVC yet (7 weeks- ugh). What are the chances of a February interview in your opinion? end of January realistic?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.