itsdonealready

Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers

863 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
17 hours ago, pamawemo said:

Any advice?

Do you have close friends or family members nearby who can teach in place of you? Otherwise, there's no option but for you to be patient with her. 😁 I've taught my immigrant friends and they too were scared in the beginning. What helped was: 1) practicing in a nearly empty parking lot until they were comfortable with left, right, stop, speed, look in the mirror for a good second or two while they are still driving (hence an empty lot haha), etc. and 2) not being too strict once I took them to residential areas. I learned that me being too strict or impatient only makes them more nervous and freaks them out which is no good. When left on their own with occasional feedback and positive comments when do something nicely (for eg. turning perfectly on a corner), they did way better.

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/15/2019 at 2:42 PM, dentsflogged said:

Our interview is next week and I'm starting to flip out a little.

Putting together our folder today and so far I've got: 

• All our NOAs, Biometrics appointment (stamped to show it was done), my SSN, both birth certificates, marriage certificate, both passports and my EAD/AP
  • Print out of husbands insurance showing me as a beneficiary
  • Copy of letter from my retirement fund with my husband as sole beneficiary (this one concerns me as I added him when we were still engaged but they only had the option of "spouse" so he's on there as a spouse way before we actually got married - I literally did it as a response to my aunt telling me to get all that stuff done since she was in the middle of being the executor of my dad's will and it was a pain in the neck since he didn't have ANYTHING done except a will)
  • Statement of Benefit from dental insurance from when I had work done listing husband as the subscriber and me the patient - also included the receipt where I paid the remaining balance using our HSA. 
  • Print out of our joint account which is where groceries, household bills and the mortgage is paid from (mortgage is only in Husbands name since I didn't have an SSN or job when he got it and I'm still building credit so it would drag his down too much to add me right non) - also a concern to me since he deposits WAY more than I do (he's an Engineer, I'm a bartender & chef - so half his wage is direct deposited whereas I put my whole pay-check in there but keep tips in cash to either save for things - like our trip to Australia last month - or for outings like dinner/movies etc. 
  • Printed copies of our bookings etc from our recent trip - can't find our boarding passes (I kept them but don't know where they went :( ) but have got things like a receipt from a tour booking and then a photo of the two of us at that tour with a very obvious sign which shows it's the same thing. 
  • Photos spanning the whole of our relationship from when we first met right up until last week, in chronological order. 
  • Receipts from things I've paid for around the house - we agreed since he paid deposit on the house that I'd buy furniture and appliances. 
  • Photo copies of our car insurance cards showing us both on the insurance (though we never changed the titles on the cars to both of our names because the DMV is only open 2 days a week in this town and if I wasn't working those days he was so its been tough to try to get there together).
  • Printouts showing we have a joint Amazon Prime account, Google Home setup with both of us, etc.
  • Envelopes & invitation + thank you card for going to our niece's birthday party.
  • Random selection of "everyday" emails and texts like him talking about going on a work trip, planning weekend stuff, talking about our next planned trip, discussing generic dinner plans, work schedule and such.

Neither of us have wills yet, but that's the next Big thing we're going to do.    

I can't think of anything else that I can possibly toss in there that doesn't seem "manufactured" - this is all stuff that we just have from the last year of living together and I should have been more cautious with keeping stuff but I honestly was expecting this to take at least another year! 

Sounds like you have a great deal of evidence. Did you submit of this evidence with your application? In either case, I think you should be fine. 

Let us know how your interview went - all the best! 

N400

8/27/2022 - Submitted N-400 Online

8/27/2022 - Receipt notice mailed, biometrics reused, case actively being reviewed (~ 10 months)

1/20/2023 - Interview was scheduled (2/24)

2/23/2023 - Interview completed & passed but decision cannot be made. 

3/16/2023 - We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

3/16/2023 - Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled 

3/20/2023 - Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

4/11/2023 - Oath complete, naturalization certificate issued. 

ROC, joint filing 

8/5/2021 - Package delivered to Phoenix lockbox, signed by LOPEZ

8/7/2021 - Credit card charged for $680

8/7/2021 - Text message received with case # (LIN / Nebraska)

8/14/2021 - Extension letter received 

9/15/2021 - Biometrics waiver received 

11/4/2021 - 24 month extension letter received 

2/16/2023 - New Card is Being Produced

2/20/2023 - Approval letter received

2/24/2023 - Card was delivered

AOS, concurrent filing I-130 I-131 I-485 I-765. Same-sex marriage
11/23/18 - Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/30/18 - Checks cashed.
12/14/18 - I-693 courtesy letter received in mail
12/28/18 - Biometrics completed.
2/11/19 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview
3/28/19 - Paper notice approval for I-765 and I-131
4/9/19, 4/16, 4/18 - I-765 card production ordered. I-131 - "Case Received".
4/23/19 - I-765 Card was mailed to me. I-131 - "Case Received".
4/25/19 - Combo card received. I-131 - "Case Received"

9/9/19 - Interview was scheduled 

9/14/19 - Interview notice received - Interview on 10/24 at Minneapolis FO 

10/24/19 - Interview complete. Case under review. 

10/25/19 - I-485 card being produced & then approved. I-130 approved. 

10/30/19 - Card received. 

11 minutes ago, Vpanda85 said:

Sounds like you have a great deal of evidence. Did you submit of this evidence with your application? In either case, I think you should be fine. 

Let us know how your interview went - all the best! 

I sent some info with the initial application and took everything listed above to my interview.   They didn't even look at it, just asked for a few things like Hubby's tax return from this year (which I thought I'd added, but apparently I gave them 2017), took some of the copies of our joint bank account statements and that was it. Didn't even flip through to see all the new photos, hotel receipts etc from our recent trip. 

Not sure how it went, to be honest.  They called my husband in first, for about 5-10 minutes (it felt like an eternity, I was so nervous!) then I went in - it was mostly friendly chit-chat as the interviewer went over everything in my application; asked a few questions about how we met and if we have children - basically ended it by saying that they'll mail a letter if they need any further info, but otherwise I should receive my Green Card in about 2 weeks and as we walked out talked about the process of renewing it in 2 years, so I'm presuming that's a good sign?   

My case status shows that interview was done and needs to be reviewed, so I'm TRYING not to obsessively refresh the page. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

They didn't even look at it, just asked for a few things like Hubby's tax return from this year (which I thought I'd added, but apparently I gave them 2017), took some of the copies of our joint bank account statements and that was it. Didn't even flip through to see all the new photos, hotel receipts etc from our recent trip. 

We had the same experience. Did not want any of the new evidence - just the tax return for 2018 and the title of the house (jointly owned). 

5 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

Not sure how it went, to be honest.  They called my husband in first, for about 5-10 minutes (it felt like an eternity, I was so nervous!) then I went in - it was mostly friendly chit-chat as the interviewer went over everything in my application; asked a few questions about how we met and if we have children - basically ended it by saying that they'll mail a letter if they need any further info, but otherwise I should receive my Green Card in about 2 weeks and as we walked out talked about the process of renewing it in 2 years, so I'm presuming that's a good sign? 

We both went at the same time during my interview but similar questions were asked. I was told the same thing (about case needs to be reviewed) but added that we should hear within a couple of weeks. The IO handed a white sheet of paper indicating that the case needs to be reviewed. It seemed like that printed prior to the interview and would be given to us regardless of the evidence we gave during the interview. 

11 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

My case status shows that interview was done and needs to be reviewed, so I'm TRYING not to obsessively refresh the page. 

For which form are you seeing this status? I got a notification for my I-485 the same day (later in the evening) for my I-485 that card production was ordered. At the same time, my I-130 said "case needs to be reviewed" which seemed confusing. But the next day, I got a notification on the I-485 and I-130 that the case was approved. I'm sure something similar will happen with you. I was pretty disappointed after the interview that we did not get approval on the spot. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get your approval soon. 

N400

8/27/2022 - Submitted N-400 Online

8/27/2022 - Receipt notice mailed, biometrics reused, case actively being reviewed (~ 10 months)

1/20/2023 - Interview was scheduled (2/24)

2/23/2023 - Interview completed & passed but decision cannot be made. 

3/16/2023 - We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

3/16/2023 - Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled 

3/20/2023 - Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

4/11/2023 - Oath complete, naturalization certificate issued. 

ROC, joint filing 

8/5/2021 - Package delivered to Phoenix lockbox, signed by LOPEZ

8/7/2021 - Credit card charged for $680

8/7/2021 - Text message received with case # (LIN / Nebraska)

8/14/2021 - Extension letter received 

9/15/2021 - Biometrics waiver received 

11/4/2021 - 24 month extension letter received 

2/16/2023 - New Card is Being Produced

2/20/2023 - Approval letter received

2/24/2023 - Card was delivered

AOS, concurrent filing I-130 I-131 I-485 I-765. Same-sex marriage
11/23/18 - Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/30/18 - Checks cashed.
12/14/18 - I-693 courtesy letter received in mail
12/28/18 - Biometrics completed.
2/11/19 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview
3/28/19 - Paper notice approval for I-765 and I-131
4/9/19, 4/16, 4/18 - I-765 card production ordered. I-131 - "Case Received".
4/23/19 - I-765 Card was mailed to me. I-131 - "Case Received".
4/25/19 - Combo card received. I-131 - "Case Received"

9/9/19 - Interview was scheduled 

9/14/19 - Interview notice received - Interview on 10/24 at Minneapolis FO 

10/24/19 - Interview complete. Case under review. 

10/25/19 - I-485 card being produced & then approved. I-130 approved. 

10/30/19 - Card received. 

7 minutes ago, Vpanda85 said:

We had the same experience. Did not want any of the new evidence - just the tax return for 2018 and the title of the house (jointly owned). 

We both went at the same time during my interview but similar questions were asked. I was told the same thing (about case needs to be reviewed) but added that we should hear within a couple of weeks. The IO handed a white sheet of paper indicating that the case needs to be reviewed. It seemed like that printed prior to the interview and would be given to us regardless of the evidence we gave during the interview. 

For which form are you seeing this status? I got a notification for my I-485 the same day (later in the evening) for my I-485 that card production was ordered. At the same time, my I-130 said "case needs to be reviewed" which seemed confusing. But the next day, I got a notification on the I-485 and I-130 that the case was approved. I'm sure something similar will happen with you. I was pretty disappointed after the interview that we did not get approval on the spot. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get your approval soon. 

I didn't have the 2018 tax return on me (since I thought I'd sent it in already :( ) but I did say that we had both filed as "married" (him with his US tax return and me in Australia) and he accepted that. I offered pay stubs to show where he was working and income but he didn't want to look at them so who knows?    House my husband owns (we weren't aware that I could have been put on the title even though the mortgage was only in his name - another silly mistake :( ) but in our original package I did send in reciepts from the furniture/appliances that I purchased for the house with a note saying since he put the down payment down, I bought that stuff.  

I was given the white paper, too - it was under the folder on the desk. 

I just google "USCIS case status" and put my i-485 receipt number in.  If I go to my actual profile and look it still shows I'm "Ready to be scheduled for interview"  so I just don't bother logging into that anymore. 

On 11/16/2019 at 8:35 AM, elmers said:

Do you have close friends or family members nearby who can teach in place of you? Otherwise, there's no option but for you to be patient with her. 😁 I've taught my immigrant friends and they too were scared in the beginning. What helped was: 1) practicing in a nearly empty parking lot until they were comfortable with left, right, stop, speed, look in the mirror for a good second or two while they are still driving (hence an empty lot haha), etc. and 2) not being too strict once I took them to residential areas. I learned that me being too strict or impatient only makes them more nervous and freaks them out which is no good. When left on their own with occasional feedback and positive comments when do something nicely (for eg. turning perfectly on a corner), they did way better.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, we live a good distance from any family members who could teach her. We have been out practicing in empty lots and on country roads (we live in the country) but I think I pushed too hard and expected more. I'm taking your advice and will focus on my patience and tone. I ordered the magnetic "New Driver" sign for the back of the car which should make both of us a little calmer. Also looking into a nearby driving school that works with nervous adults though it isn't cheap. But they offer a la carte pricing so if we just hire for 2 hours, we only pay for two with no further obligation. Might be worth it.

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

51 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

I sent some info with the initial application and took everything listed above to my interview.   They didn't even look at it, just asked for a few things like Hubby's tax return from this year (which I thought I'd added, but apparently I gave them 2017), took some of the copies of our joint bank account statements and that was it. Didn't even flip through to see all the new photos, hotel receipts etc from our recent trip. 

Sounds like you have something to celebrate - hope you get the official notice soon!

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Quick question - is it ok to take your phone to the Minneapolis office? It would be really nice if we could uber vs take the bus there, as our car is currently kaput and will be at thee mechanic the week of our interview.

1 hour ago, AffableAndy said:

Quick question - is it ok to take your phone to the Minneapolis office? It would be really nice if we could uber vs take the bus there, as our car is currently kaput and will be at thee mechanic the week of our interview.

Yes.    They don't even seem to mind about bags, etc, despite plenty of other offices saying that you can't take them in - there were lots of people when I was there with phones (myself included, I just turned mine off when I went into the interview area) and bags - that was earlier this week.

Case status is now showing that my card is being produced :D

On 9/17/2019 at 2:59 PM, Q2018 said:

Hi, everyone.

I just got my NOA1 two days ago, so still a long to go on the AOS journey.

But I'm currently considering getting a drivers license.

I have a Chinese drivers license and the international certificate of it. 

I know with that, I can schedule a road test withouth getting a permit.

But problem is, I applied for SSN with my maiden name before marriage, and havent changed it on ss card yet since I was told to go in and update it with EAD by SSA employee in Minneapplis.

So will that be a problem if I go in DMV and request a written or road test? 

Also my I-94 will expire on November 1st, so if I want a drivers license, I should apply for it as soon as possible correct?

My husband was trying to make me get permit first and wait for 90 days to take the road test. But I'm afraid by that time, my I-94 will expire when taking road test.

BTW, we went in dmv last saturday and applied for state ID with my maiden name.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Just want to update my situation.

So I went to SSA and had my name updated to my married name. Then applied for state ID with married name.

Yesterday I went to DMV to take my written test with my state ID as identification since my I-94 already expired on Nov 1.

So it turns out even with the K1 visa expired, you can still apply for driver's license with state ID in Minnesota.

Package sent: 08/29/19

Package delivered: 09/03/19

I-765 received :09/03/19

I-131 received: 09/03/19

I-485 received: 09/10/19

Text notification: 09/11/19

Check cashed: 09/12/19

NOA1 date for all 3 forms: 09/10/19

Biometrics: 10/03/19

Ready for interview schedule: 10/30/19

Interview was scheduled: 09/15/2020

Interview date: 10/15/2020

GC received: 10/22/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife will be having her interview to adjust from a K1 to a resident.  I am curious how the minneapolis office is, any advice?

Also what we should start collecting?

we filed the AOS in october and completed biometrics just last week. sooo we have time.  but rather start gathering documents now. 

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Russel1995 said:

My wife will be having her interview to adjust from a K1 to a resident.  I am curious how the minneapolis office is, any advice?

Also what we should start collecting?

we filed the AOS in october and completed biometrics just last week. sooo we have time.  but rather start gathering documents now. 

How did you manage that?  We are May and still waiting 

YMMV

3 hours ago, payxibka said:

How did you manage that?  We are May and still waiting 

I don't think they have an interview date yet; just asking what they should start collecting for when they eventually do have a date? Or at least that's how I read it.

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Oath Ceremony!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
57 minutes ago, pamawemo said:

I don't think they have an interview date yet; just asking what they should start collecting for when they eventually do have a date? Or at least that's how I read it.

I think you are right.  Minneapolis is currently close to a year for interview 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, payxibka said:

I think you are right.  Minneapolis is currently close to a year for interview 

yes. we have a long wait ahead lol.

no interview date. we only did biometrics last week. or 2 weeks ago now.

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.