itsdonealready

Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers

863 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone just a question. I just got my employment authorization card on the mail and it says that it expires next year too 01/13/21. Does that mean we will renew this card as well??? 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--852051448.jpeg

Edited by Rokaya&Tyler
Mispelled word

3 hours ago, Rokaya&Tyler said:

Hi everyone just a question. I just got my employment authorization card on the mail and it says that it expires next year too 01/13/21. Does that mean we will renew this card as well??? 

Hi. Hopefully you will have your interview before the expiration and if you are approved, you will use your green card for employment and travel. In some states, people have had to renew their EAD because AOS interviews were running so behind. Right now it would seem Minnesota is at about 10 months from priority date. So hopefully you will have your interview this summer!

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
5 hours ago, pamawemo said:

Hi. Hopefully you will have your interview before the expiration and if you are approved, you will use your green card for employment and travel. In some states, people have had to renew their EAD because AOS interviews were running so behind. Right now it would seem Minnesota is at about 10 months from priority date. So hopefully you will have your interview this summer!

Oh okay, so for now I can use this to look for jobs already? Will my social security number come soon too?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yes - this is a list A document on your I-9 so you can definitely use it as evidence that you are authorized to work.

In practice, most employers will also need you to have an SSN; whether you get one or not depends on if you applied for one on your I-765. If you applied for one, you should get it in a few days. if you didn't, you need to go to the SSA office and apply for one.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, AffableAndy said:

Yes - this is a list A document on your I-9 so you can definitely use it as evidence that you are authorized to work.

In practice, most employers will also need you to have an SSN; whether you get one or not depends on if you applied for one on your I-765. If you applied for one, you should get it in a few days. if you didn't, you need to go to the SSA office and apply for one.

I applied for one. Thank you for the quick response on my question. 😊

1 hour ago, shawtysoo said:

Hey guys

how long does it take to get a actual mail that states about interview date after the status changed on uscis website? 

Our status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" on 5/16/19. We received an email that our interview date has been set on 12/17/19. We received the letter in the mail with our actual interview date on 12/24/19. Our interview is this week.

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Oath Ceremony!

We had our interview this morning and had a couple hiccups. The first question the IO asked my wife is why her middle name is not on her birth certificate. What???

My wife got thrown off by this and it kind of shook her for the rest of the interview. It's confusing because this is the first time during this whole process this came up. Long story but she had to have her birth certificate amended through an affidavit 30 years ago. Grandma filed her birth and misspelled my wife's last name by one letter - or it was a clerical error. Anyway, when my wife went to get a passport, the misspelling of her last name was discovered so she had an affidavit drawn up to change it. 

My wife has two first names, used her mother's maiden name as her middle name and then her last name. So AB C D. This is what is on her passport, her Phillipines ID, and it is what we used on all of the USCIS paperwork. However, in looking at her amended birth certificate, it says A B D (so used her second first name as her middle name). C, which she used as her middle name is on the birth cert as her mother's maiden name. Through marriage, my wife changed her name to AB D E (her first two names, her maiden name and my name). 

The IO asked, "so it's a clerical error?" and my wife was flustered and produced all the other documents showing the order of her name as she has used it her entire life. Ugh.

She also said she was waiting for our K1 package - that they were backlogged - and that she hoped to have it later today or tomorrow. This was confusing to us as well.

The rest of the interview went fine though my wife flubbed our address. The IO looked at her EAD, passport, and some of our photos. She thanked us for being so organized and went over the list of questions on the I-485. It was about 15 minutes total. Then she said she thought she had everything she needed and would let us know by mail if they needed anything else. We were handed a letter that said "Interview Results" that said the interview was completed and USCIS is unable to complete our case at this time. Then there is a line that says "Reason for Continuance" with a box checked that says "your case is being held for review...blah,blah"

My guess is we may be getting an RFE for the darn middle name snafu on the amended birth certificate. My wife says that is how Phillipine birth certificates are done - that most use their mother's maiden name as their middle name. It just doesn't read that way on her birth certificate. And I'm amazed we got this far without ever being questioned about it. Oh well. Wait and see, I guess.

Edited by pamawemo

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I don't think it's possible to not be at least a little flustered during the interview! Hoping your case is approved quickly!

I don't think anybody at the Minneapolis office is approved on the spot, everyone in the last few months has reported getting the "case is being held for review" letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

178 days and still no EAD card :(. There has been no update on any of my applications since Oct 2019 when I submitted my RFE for i-864. I have another 6 months left on my H1B but I really need to switch jobs asap. Hope I can expedite my EAD with an offer letter.

Edited by mydas28

ROC

Filing date: April 21, 2022

USCIS Received: April 25, 2022

NOA1 Date: April 27, 2022 

Credit Card Charged: April 27, 2022

NOA1 received: May 3, 2022   

Concurrently filed I-130/131/485/765

F1: May 22, 2012

H1B: Oct 01, 2017

Got Married: June 22, 2019

Sent packets: Aug 06, 2019
USCIS Received Package: Aug 10, 2019
Notification in text/email: August 12, 2019
Credit Card Charged: August 12, 2019
NOA 1 Mail: August 16, 2019
Biometric: September 12, 2019 

RFIE: Oct. 05, 2019 
Sent back RFIE response: Oct 15, 2019

RFIE received: Oct 18, 2019

Case ready to schedule interview: Feb 13, 2020

EAD & AP approved and card being produced: Feb 24, 2020

EAD/AP Card was sentMar 05, 2020

EAD/AP Card was deliveredMar 07, 2020

AOS Approved & Card being produced (NO interview): July 17, 2020

Card Received: Aug 31, 2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, mydas28 said:

178 days and still no EAD card :(. There has been no update on any of my applications since Oct 2019 when I submitted my RFE for i-864. I have another 6 months left on my H1B but I really need to switch jobs asap. Hope I can expedite my EAD with an offer letter.

How long did it take you to respond to the RFE?  That can cause a delay in your EAD.   

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

How long did it take you to respond to the RFE?  That can cause a delay in your EAD.   

like a week from when I received it.

ROC

Filing date: April 21, 2022

USCIS Received: April 25, 2022

NOA1 Date: April 27, 2022 

Credit Card Charged: April 27, 2022

NOA1 received: May 3, 2022   

Concurrently filed I-130/131/485/765

F1: May 22, 2012

H1B: Oct 01, 2017

Got Married: June 22, 2019

Sent packets: Aug 06, 2019
USCIS Received Package: Aug 10, 2019
Notification in text/email: August 12, 2019
Credit Card Charged: August 12, 2019
NOA 1 Mail: August 16, 2019
Biometric: September 12, 2019 

RFIE: Oct. 05, 2019 
Sent back RFIE response: Oct 15, 2019

RFIE received: Oct 18, 2019

Case ready to schedule interview: Feb 13, 2020

EAD & AP approved and card being produced: Feb 24, 2020

EAD/AP Card was sentMar 05, 2020

EAD/AP Card was deliveredMar 07, 2020

AOS Approved & Card being produced (NO interview): July 17, 2020

Card Received: Aug 31, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.