Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Stevenisblessed said:

Geroaj thanks!!!!. I wrote it on a paper, what she did was to send it to the printer that was in the office where I was. She Would send things to me to read or sign. The reading part she sent it to the printer and I read it to her via the video link through the iPad and also the writing part she sent it to the printer and I wrote it on a sheet of paper and held it up for her to see it via the iPad video link . Your GC, passport and drivers license you have to hold it up via the video link and she can see . Basically any documents she needs to see you have to hold it up so she can see through the video link on the iPad. 
If you have further/any questions you can ask anytime . Thanks 

Thanks for all the information. Did you get to keep the green card or did you leave it there? I was hoping for same day oat but interview is at 2 ... so don’t think they will let me do same day.. anyways just happy to finish this interview:)

Geroaj I didn’t keep it, they took it but honestly I don’t need it anymore lol.All I want/need is the real deal my US citizenship. Even though your interview is at 2pm I think you will still be able to do same day oath.  The operations at the office isn’t like it used to be where if you don’t interview at a certain time then you have to wait ( hope I’m right). The way I perceived it you interview and once you’re approved and no significant changes they administer the oath within 5-20 minutes. While I was waiting for my interview a lady was taken to the oath room and she got hers another one was waiting. After I had finished my interview myself, the lady that was waiting and another girl that had finished her interview all got the oath administered same time. Basically you pass your interview and you get oath done. I think the office wants to get things going like they did pre-Covid. You’ll be fine.

Any further questions don’t hesitate to ask. 

24 minutes ago, AMK111 said:

Just got my interview appointment. It'll be on September 29th.

Congrats, glad to see newark still processing. Mine is still pending in Newark. It is so odd. Fell through the cracks. Raised a service ticket.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, skskskks said:

Congrats, glad to see newark still processing. Mine is still pending in Newark. It is so odd. Fell through the cracks. Raised a service ticket.

Thanks. Very strange that how can it fall through the cracks. Will keep posted on how it goes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Albania
Timeline
19 hours ago, AMK111 said:

Just got my interview appointment. It'll be on September 29th.

Congratulations! My wife was scheduled to be interviewed in Newark on the 12th of April, but we are yet to be rescheduled, so I'm guessing you were among the lucky ones. Good luck!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, xeni455 said:

Congratulations! My wife was scheduled to be interviewed in Newark on the 12th of April, but we are yet to be rescheduled, so I'm guessing you were among the lucky ones. Good luck!!

Thanks. I know someone else on the forum also had interview date in March but still not rescheduled. I hope it happens soon. My wife's date was April 22nd so hoping that it gets rescheduled soon too.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Gfcdbro said:

Congratulations. If you wont mind telling, when did you file your n400 and when did you have your biometrics?

thank you again 

Filing was on August 14th 2019 and Biometrics was on Sept 5th 2019.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/17/2020 at 9:07 PM, jsilva89 said:

Thank you! I will try again in the morning. Fingers crossed I can get an appointment before the furlough 

Were you able to get an appointment? We r in same spot. They keep denying to schedule appointment.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

11 minutes ago, mmkshah said:

Were you able to get an appointment? We r in same spot. They keep denying to schedule appointment.

Yes, I was able to get one for September 4th. I had kinda had to demand it, the guy was really nasty and kept saying “well I don’t think that’s an emergency” regarding my drivers license expiring. I told him I paid for I751 and it’s my right to have documentation to keep my license. Don’t be afraid to be demanding, it was the only thing that worked. 

I seriously don’t know why they just didn’t extend all the effected  I751’s if they have such an issue scheduling appointments. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, jsilva89 said:

Yes, I was able to get one for September 4th. I had kinda had to demand it, the guy was really nasty and kept saying “well I don’t think that’s an emergency” regarding my drivers license expiring. I told him I paid for I751 and it’s my right to have documentation to keep my license. Don’t be afraid to be demanding, it was the only thing that worked. 

I seriously don’t know why they just didn’t extend all the effected  I751’s if they have such an issue scheduling appointments. 

Thank you. I will give that a try.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

On Monday we were called and told not to go to infopass appointment because the we had been scheduled an interview and wouldn't need a stamp. The interview will be on 09/24/2020. We applied in December 2019. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Albania
Timeline
1 minute ago, nagylyndsey said:

On Monday we were called and told not to go to infopass appointment because the we had been scheduled an interview and wouldn't need a stamp. The interview will be on 09/24/2020. We applied in December 2019. 

Was this Mt Laurel or Newark if I may ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.