Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 hours ago, MD1 said:

Hi All, I am new to this forum. I have an n400 interview with Mt. Laurel (April 17) that was de-scheduled but never rescheduled. Anyone had their cancelled naturalization interview scheduled form that field office?

I’ve only seen one person on this site that was rescheduled and was from mount laurel. They had an original March interview that was rescheduled for August, if I remember correctly. 

We filed N400 in December of 2019 and when we called to get an infopass appointment the officer said we’d “be waiting quite awhile before getting interviewed”. I don’t understand seems like Mount Laurel is barely interviewing anyone. USCIS reopened June 4th and they’re still rescheduling March and then there’s a furlough coming? We’ll never get interviewed this year at this rate.

7 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

I’ve only seen one person on this site that was rescheduled and was from mount laurel. They had an original March interview that was rescheduled for August, if I remember correctly. 

We filed N400 in December of 2019 and when we called to get an infopass appointment the officer said we’d “be waiting quite awhile before getting interviewed”. I don’t understand seems like Mount Laurel is barely interviewing anyone. USCIS reopened June 4th and they’re still rescheduling March and then there’s a furlough coming? We’ll never get interviewed this year at this rate.

Thanks for writing. I think that is also what I saw. I had an info pass to get a stamp for renewing my drivers license (I also have an I751 pending). The officer only gave me a 6 months stamp saying that I have an N400 interview. I asked when it will be rescheduled and she she didn't say anything, but said that they are rescheduling them now. I agree with you that things are moving very slow with Mt. Laurel. It seems that overall USCIS priority is oath ceremonies and they are taking their time with all the other stuff.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jsilva89 said:

How are you guys getting infopass appointments? I've called many times and all I ever get is "well *I* don't think that is an emergency" or "there's no appointments" from the person on the phone, but seem you guys at Mount Laurel are getting appointments. What are you saying to them? Please help

Here’s what worked for us, we called many times too. Call the number and when it says “I understand full sentences” say “ADIT stamp”. You’ll wait 30+ mins and when they answer ask if they’re tier 2, the girl told us yes she was. Tell them you need extension for proof of status and tell them you need a drivers license to drive to work or you’ll face financial hardship. They’ll ask if you have proof, just say yes and they’ll say someone will call you back.

The officer who called back didn’t ask any questions and just scheduled the appointment. The first few times we called they said we didn’t have an emergency either with the drivers license. The DMV should’ve sent you a letter stating they won’t renew without proof of status. If you don’t have that email the DMV and they’ll send you an email stating the same. Use that as the “documentation” for asking for a stamp that they say you need. 

We talked to some RUDE people at USCIS regarding a stamp and them saying it wasn’t an emergency, but seriously how would they like it to lose their drivers license or not be able to find new employment if they wanted to. Keep trying and don’t give up until someone gives you an appointment. 

54 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

Here’s what worked for us, we called many times too. Call the number and when it says “I understand full sentences” say “ADIT stamp”. You’ll wait 30+ mins and when they answer ask if they’re tier 2, the girl told us yes she was. Tell them you need extension for proof of status and tell them you need a drivers license to drive to work or you’ll face financial hardship. They’ll ask if you have proof, just say yes and they’ll say someone will call you back.

The officer who called back didn’t ask any questions and just scheduled the appointment. The first few times we called they said we didn’t have an emergency either with the drivers license. The DMV should’ve sent you a letter stating they won’t renew without proof of status. If you don’t have that email the DMV and they’ll send you an email stating the same. Use that as the “documentation” for asking for a stamp that they say you need. 

We talked to some RUDE people at USCIS regarding a stamp and them saying it wasn’t an emergency, but seriously how would they like it to lose their drivers license or not be able to find new employment if they wanted to. Keep trying and don’t give up until someone gives you an appointment. 

Thank you! I will try again in the morning. Fingers crossed I can get an appointment before the furlough 

On 8/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, AMK111 said:

Anyone who had April interview date got  their rescheduled appointment yet in Newark?

We earlier had appointment in Apr 15, received updated interview notice for September middle, not sure if we will again get rescheduled due to furlough

N400 filed on Aug 19 based on 5 yr GC for both me and spouse

On 8/4/2020 at 6:45 PM, Stevenisblessed said:
Finally passed my citizenship interview at Mt Laurel today, I applied in September 2019 and my original scheduled date was March 20th, of course it was Cancelled . I remember the night of March 17 I had just finished my reading my civics and checked visa journey lo and behold someone posted that uscis had suspended interviews, I was sad but in life things happen.

On the 9th of July while at work I checked my documents tab and noticed I had been rescheduled for August 4, I felt it was a long way but I was happy and grateful I had a date. Here’s the kicker,on the night of Sunday 2nd August I read that Hurricane Isaias would land on the east coast on Tuesday Aug 4, in my head I was like how come it was this day of all days.

Throughout the last 48 hours I stayed glued to the news but I was resolved to drive to the field office. I woke up this morning and and saw that the governor of NJ had declared a state of emergency but of course I knew uscis was a federal building but like I said I was resolved to go anyway. 

My. Appointment was at 9:30, I left my house at 7:30 and got there just after 8, I went to the entrance and I spoke with the security who emphasized my appointment time and that I can only come in 15 minutes prior, I told him I knew but there was an impending rain which I had to beat and I also wanted to be sure the office was opened. He went in, spoke with someone and I was told to come in. While I was waiting outside for the security guy there was a lady who told me She was told they couldn’t interview her because she works at a hospital, I felt bad for her and I said I hope I don’t get turned back also.
 When I got in I went to the receptionist and did all the necessary check in protocols, and waited for my interView. A gentleman called me and took me to an office and Told me it was going to be a virtual interview. There was a lady I could see through the iPad, she swore me under oath asked me six questions and passed, the Questions  were;
1 what is freedom of religion
2what do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution 
3how many justices are on the Supreme Court
4how old do citizens have to be to vote
5 Name 3 original colonies
6 l forgot  the Last question.

I had a printer in the office I was, and she would print out things I needed signed or need to read. The reading part was Who do we pay taxes to , the writing part was we pay taxes to the government.She went over all of the yes/ no questions , she didn’t skip a single one And everything was over.She told me I was approved and led me back to the lobby where I waited before taken the oath, as most of you know Jersey is one of the states pre-COVID that did same day oath. Got oath done and received my naturalization certificate. Couldn’t apply for passport because the post office close to my house lost power I also lost power and the state office that also does passport application were closed due to the state of emergency.

I have heard a lot of stories about the mount laurel office and honestly everyone was/is pleasant, from the interviewer to the remaining office staffs. These people come across as people who genuinely want you to become citizens.

Visa journey and all the other immigration forums have helped and will still help guide people in the future, with this I say Thank you for those behind it And also to every single one of you guys; your inputs, suggestions and answers has helped tremendously on this forum.God bless you all.

One last thing I must say or add is that we all in this forum want to be American citizens and call it our home which is a thing of joy but I want us to also dwell on the most Important home , which is the home our father and savior Jesus prepared for us in heaven. 

Jesus loves you and he wants us to trust him, He is LORD and SAVIOR.

Thanks so much 

Thanks for letting us know what is ahead for us.. mine is next week in Mount Laurel too.. question.. when they have you writing the sentence did you write it on a paper or on the ipad? I never used an ipad before lol. Anyways thansk for your experience and congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sal53 said:

We earlier had appointment in Apr 15, received updated interview notice for September middle, not sure if we will again get rescheduled due to furlough

N400 filed on Aug 19 based on 5 yr GC for both me and spouse

When did you receive interview notice? Is this for Newark or Mount Laurel?

Geroaj thanks!!!!. I wrote it on a paper, what she did was to send it to the printer that was in the office where I was. She Would send things to me to read or sign. The reading part she sent it to the printer and I read it to her via the video link through the iPad and also the writing part she sent it to the printer and I wrote it on a sheet of paper and held it up for her to see it via the iPad video link . Your GC, passport and drivers license you have to hold it up via the video link and she can see . Basically any documents she needs to see you have to hold it up so she can see through the video link on the iPad. 
If you have further/any questions you can ask anytime . Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sal53 said:

Newark. we got it a week back

I am glad you got the notice. Mine was originally scheduled on April 16th at Newark but still haven't received the revised date. It is strange that it only a day apart but still haven't seen the reschedule notice. Hopefully it'll come this week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.