nyokie

December 2017 i130 filers

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, CCDL said:

I do not have a US phone number

Maybe third party software (i.e. Google Voice, CallHippo, etc.) can be used.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, CCDL said:

I submitted an inquiry online for "outside normal processing times" on September 10 and got an email on September 12 saying it'll take 60 days to get a response.

I called USCIS again today and asked for a tier 2 officer to ask why my I-130 is taking so long. The agent was reluctant but transferred me anyway. An automated message said I needed to enter a callback number, so I enter my number (I am living in Uruguay, not the US, so I do not have a US phone number, but I thought maybe that wouldn't matter), and it said my phone number wasn't valid and they can't put the call through.

I have no idea why it's taking so long and now I can't even speak with a tier 2 officer. I'm at my wit's end, I feel so deflated. I don't know what else to do other than wait another month or more for a response when we've already been waiting for 10 months. We sent in all the correct paperwork and evidence, organized everything so it's easier for them to go through, I don't know what to think.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you're going through this 😔😔

Please contact the local ombudsman/congressman to look into your case. You can find yours from your last address in the US, just search on Google using the US zip code 

I'm sending you lots of star light, comfort and strength, please hang in there 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, CCDL said:

Praise the Lord, our I-130 just got approved!!!

praise-the-lord_o_731183.jpg

Congrats🎉🎉🎉

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Timeline
1 hour ago, CCDL said:

Praise the Lord, our I-130 just got approved!!! My family sent me a pic of the NOA2 and I almost couldn't believe it!

Woohoo!!! Thank God!!!!! I'm so so happy for you, wow awesome news!! CONGRATULATIONS 💃💃💃💃💃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
14 hours ago, CCDL said:

Praise the Lord, our I-130 just got approved!!! My family sent me a pic of the NOA2 and I almost couldn't believe it!

I'm really happy for you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I filed on December 28th. And they moved my case to National Benefits Center Missouri. I filed a request on september 18th and they said work overload is so much.  So I am waiting now. USCIS processing time showing now they are looking into October 16th 2017 case files. I think they will look at my file probably 2 months later. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/19/2018 at 12:05 AM, solakbeyi said:

I filed on December 28th. And they moved my case to National Benefits Center Missouri. I filed a request on september 18th and they said work overload is so much.  So I am waiting now. USCIS processing time showing now they are looking into October 16th 2017 case files. I think they will look at my file probably 2 months later. 

My hubby has been scheduled for an interview next week, what’s next after the interview?

Timeline
On 9/11/2018 at 5:08 PM, Divergent said:

Congratulations!! Wow so awesome, I wish you success at the interview!!!💃💃💃💃💃

@Divergent I’m Nigeria too, I checked your profile. Pls have you been approved? How long did it take from the Nvc stage ? Currently my case was transferred to the NBC . My hubby contacted the senator, his been called for an interview next week. I’m in Nigeria but my hubby lives in Columbus. I have a daughter too whose a citizen I processed her papers here in Lagos 2yrs ago . 

Timeline
1 hour ago, aijayokoro said:

@Divergent I’m Nigeria too, I checked your profile. Pls have you been approved? How long did it take from the Nvc stage ? Currently my case was transferred to the NBC . My hubby contacted the senator, his been called for an interview next week. I’m in Nigeria but my hubby lives in Columbus. I have a daughter too whose a citizen I processed her papers here in Lagos 2yrs ago . 

Hello dear, my case took a long time at the NVC stage because my husband and I kept making mistakes with submitting the required documents. We just barely got done with the case complete at NVC stage on Friday so now we're waiting for an interview date. Is your husband a US citizen or green card holder? Why did they call him for interview? I'm guessing you're the one who needs the Visa? Hmm that's strange. Is the interview for you both or just him? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, aijayokoro said:

My hubby has been scheduled for an interview next week, what’s next after the interview?

Good luck in the interview please share your experience with us.

Have been scheduled for interview too but at San Antonio office

Timeline
9 hours ago, Divergent said:

Hello dear, my case took a long time at the NVC stage because my husband and I kept making mistakes with submitting the required documents. We just barely got done with the case complete at NVC stage on Friday so now we're waiting for an interview date. Is your husband a US citizen or green card holder? Why did they call him for interview? I'm guessing you're the one who needs the Visa? Hmm that's strange. Is the interview for you both or just him? 

Hi, my hubby is a US citizen. Our case really is a peculiar one . My husband actually filed for me the first time 2015 April it lingered till last year as a result we started having issues so he withdrew the case .  As God will have it we reconciled and re-filed December 2017. So I guess this is the reason for the interview. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aijayokoro said:

Hi, my hubby is a US citizen. Our case really is a peculiar one . My husband actually filed for me the first time 2015 April it lingered till last year as a result we started having issues so he withdrew the case .  As God will have it we reconciled and re-filed December 2017. So I guess this is the reason for the interview. 

Oh okay that makes sense. It's similar to the interview here if you were adjusting your status. Don't worry, they need to make sure the marriage is bonafide since he has previously filed and withdrawn

I guess they'll be looking at his body language when he answers the Visa Officer. Since you both love each other and willing to make it work this time around, you have nothing to worry about. Just tell him to remain calm during the interview and answer the questions truthfully

It's unfortunate he'll have to purchase a last minute flight ticket on such short notice and miss work unplanned for some time. If he hasn't bought one yet, see if he can get a one way ticket to Nigeria and then after all is said and done, he can get one way return tickets for you all. I think it's best for the 3 of you to return together, crossing the border/point of entry together as a family without any further hassles

Cheer up and stay calm okay, best of luck dear 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.