nyokie

December 2017 i130 filers

1,191 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2018 at 11:59 AM, CCDL said:

Is anyone else still waiting for their I-130 to get approved? Our priority date is December 11, 2017, with Nebraska Service Center. I'm a US citizen and my husband is Uruguayan, not sure if that makes any difference at all. I submitted a "case is outside normal processing times" inquiry online yesterday and I'm waiting for a response. I'm worried that it's taking so long, especially since it seems like most people here are already in the NVC process.

As it is outside normal processing time, you can try to submit inquiry to USCIS through your senator/congressman.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/11/2018 at 5:59 PM, CCDL said:

Is anyone else still waiting for their I-130 to get approved? Our priority date is December 11, 2017, with Nebraska Service Center. I'm a US citizen and my husband is Uruguayan, not sure if that makes any difference at all. I submitted a "case is outside normal processing times" inquiry online yesterday and I'm waiting for a response. I'm worried that it's taking so long, especially since it seems like most people here are already in the NVC process.

i am december 2017 filers Nebraska Service Center and still waiting for i-130 to be approved, we found out by calling USCIS that they sent us RFE which we never received they closed the case cause we did not response to their RFE, so we did inquiry that we did not receive the RFE and they sent us another copy by fax thanks God we responded and now its response review waiting for a decision, i would advise you to call USCIS to check status of your case why its taking too long, maybe they sent you RFE and you did not receive it i am just saying make sure by calling USCIS good luck...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

i am december 2017 filers Nebraska Service Center and still waiting for i-130 to be approved, we found out by calling USCIS that they sent us RFE which we never received they closed the case cause we did not response to their RFE, so we did inquiry that we did not receive the RFE and they sent us another copy by fax thanks God we responded and now its response review waiting for a decision, i would advise you to call USCIS to check status of your case why its taking too long, maybe they sent you RFE and you did not receive it i am just saying make sure by calling USCIS good luck...

Did you have an online account? and if you did, does it show the RFE?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Savan said:

yes we do have an online account USCIS new website, yes it shows that they have received our response on 11 september,  just try to call USCIS and ask about your case, its better get tier 2 officer, good luck...

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Savan said:

i forgot to mention it did not show RFE at first time when they mailed RFE on the website until we found out  by calling USCIS and then they resent another one by mail which we never received, after that we requested it by fax and finally they received our response now waiting for a decision good luck.....

Timeline
1 minute ago, abdo1 said:

i forgot to mention it did not show RFE at first time when they mailed RFE on the website until we found out  by calling USCIS and then they resent another one by mail which we never received, after that we requested it by fax and finally they received our response now waiting for a decision good luck.....

You were using the new site right? this one: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Cuz that's scaring me.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Savan said:

You were using the new site right? this one: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Cuz that's scaring me.

Yes the new website, when did you apply ? Have you received any communication during the process ? 

Timeline
Just now, abdo1 said:

Yes the new website, when did you apply ? Have you received any communication during the process ? 

I apply in February, no have not heard anything its over 7 months now.

Timeline
Just now, Savan said:

I apply in February, no have not heard anything its over 7 months now.

You should call first thing in the morning USCIS ask for tier 2 officer ask about your case status are you the petitioner ? Or spouse ?

Timeline
Just now, abdo1 said:

You should call first thing in the morning USCIS ask for tier 2 officer ask about your case status are you the petitioner ? Or spouse ?

Petitioner, what number? and should i just ask for the status?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Savan said:

Petitioner, what number? and should i just ask for the status?

800-375-5283 please when dialing chose English then press for changing address I think its 3 then press 6 to get customer service agent right away because if you do call normal it will take long time to get agent so do the method I show you when you get the agent tell him you want to ask about status of your case and that its been 7 months no response so on....Good luck

Timeline
1 minute ago, abdo1 said:

800-375-5283 please when dialing chose English then press for changing address I think its 3 then press 6 to get customer service agent right away because if you do call normal it will take long time to get agent so do the method I show you when you get the agent tell him you want to ask about status of your case and that its been 7 months no response so on....Good luck

Perfect thank you so much, its going to connect me to 2nd tier right? or i have to ask?

Timeline
Just now, Savan said:

Perfect thank you so much, its going to connect me to 2nd tier right? or i have to ask?

No it will connect you to customer service agent then you have to ask for tier 2 officer , the customer service agent will try to help you but if you feel no help then ask for tier 2 officer ok, good luck 

Timeline

hi all thanks God we are approved today thank you all for your supports hope you get approved soon who still waiting....☺️☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I submitted an inquiry online for "outside normal processing times" on September 10 and got an email on September 12 saying it'll take 60 days to get a response.

I called USCIS again today and asked for a tier 2 officer to ask why my I-130 is taking so long. The agent was reluctant but transferred me anyway. An automated message said I needed to enter a callback number, so I enter my number (I am living in Uruguay, not the US, so I do not have a US phone number, but I thought maybe that wouldn't matter), and it said my phone number wasn't valid and they can't put the call through.

I have no idea why it's taking so long and now I can't even speak with a tier 2 officer. I'm at my wit's end, I feel so deflated. I don't know what else to do other than wait another month or more for a response when we've already been waiting for 10 months. We sent in all the correct paperwork and evidence, organized everything so it's easier for them to go through, I don't know what to think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.