Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Here's an update of the average processing time of all cases received every considered day and approved within the next 182 days, as to 12/08/17.

Since the average time has been so high from mid-May up to June and (for now) only 182 days can be considered (from 06/09 to 12/08), you can expect slightly higher times in this period.

I'll try to update in 7-10 days to see how it is evolving but, as you can already see, the tendency doesn't look very good. Sorry guys.

5a3046a2b1eba_TendencyApril-June(12-08).thumb.png.e529e54603a6fac4479b53ba8fd49bc9.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Allthephils said:

Spoke with a tier 2 person today who could not give me specifics, but did say that our case had activity on is as of Dec 4. He said that it wasn't an approval or RFE, but there was some type of activity. I have no idea what to expect at this point. If it was an approval or RFE, wouldn't I have received something in the mail by now? 

They probably can't give you very specific info for legal reasons. If he/she said "Oh, yeah, it's being worked on and should be approved the day after tomorrow", and then something else happens you might have grounds to sue. My experience: if people at companies or in government are being purposefully vague it's to cover their own/the company's/the agency's butts legally.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Here's an update of the average processing time of all cases received every considered day and approved within the next 182 days, as to 12/08/17.

Since the average time has been so high from mid-May up to June and (for now) only 182 days can be considered (from 06/09 to 12/08), you can expect slightly higher times in this period.

I'll try to update in 7-10 days to see how it is evolving but, as you can already see, the tendency doesn't look very good. Sorry guys.

5a3046a2b1eba_TendencyApril-June(12-08).thumb.png.e529e54603a6fac4479b53ba8fd49bc9.png

Trendline! Trendline! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are starting to crack as it seems things aren't going as smoothly or predicatively  as previous months... Does anyone know if I was to visit my fiancee in america before approval for a weeks visit or so, would this affect our case/approval?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Or can I get the data so I can add one? :lol::lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Matt&Savannah said:

We are starting to crack as it seems things aren't going as smoothly or predicatively  as previous months... Does anyone know if I was to visit my fiancee in america before approval for a weeks visit or so, would this affect our case/approval?

It shouldn't affect it as long as you have strong proof that you're returning home, like a return plane ticket, job/school. My fiance is from Canada and he has visited me many many times. The only thing that the border/security cares about is that you are intending to go home and not stay here illegally.

28 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Day 190 here for the June 6 filers. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, anaapixie said:

It shouldn't affect it as long as you have strong proof that you're returning home, like a return plane ticket, job/school. My fiance is from Canada and he has visited me many many times. The only thing that the border/security cares about is that you are intending to go home and not stay here illegally.

Great to hear thanks for that!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Matt&Savannah said:

@Matt&Savannah I am flying out on Monday for 3 weeks! I have been told every time I have flown over by my lawyer that it won't affect the case and really there is no reason for immigration to stop you at POE as long as you prove that you have a k1 petition submitted. As the UK is part of the visa waiver programme and we only need an ESTA, he said that we are free to fly as many times as we want whilst the ESTA is valid. I am slightly more anxious this time as when I flew over last in October I was stopped at secondary inspection because they said it raised flags that I was going over so frequently (I will have been a total of 7 times in less than a year!). But theoretically it won't affect your case, the only thing that may happen is immigration may not let you into the country. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

Or can I get the data so I can add one? :lol::lol:

I wish it was even possible... but I don't think there's a way to get a reliable trendline, or at least I couldn't find one :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're at 166 days, and with the graph shown above, I'm thinking that we'll get ours by end of the month, or first week of January. Hopefully. 

So me and my fiance are thinking that if we don't hear anything by January, he'll move here instead while we wait. The only problem is he'll need to quit his job. Do you guys think we'll have a problem with the sponsor thing? 

Filed/Sent  i-129F: 06.26.17

NOA1: 06.30.17

RFE Received: 01.16.18

RFE Sent: 01.23.18

RFE Response Received: 01.24.18

NOA2: 01.31.18

NVC File Received: 02.08.18

NVC Case Number Assigned: 02.09.18

NVC Status "at NVC": 02.09.18

NVC Status "in Transit": 02.15.18

NVC Status "Ready": 02.16.18

Medical: 02.20.18 - Got the packet! :)

NBI Clearance: 02.27.18

CFO: 02.26.18

Interview: 03.12.18 --- Passed!

VOH: 03.16.18

POE: 04.02.18

Timeline
5 minutes ago, A+E18 said:

@Matt&Savannah I am flying out on Monday for 3 weeks! I have been told every time I have flown over by my lawyer that it won't affect the case and really there is no reason for immigration to stop you at POE as long as you prove that you have a k1 petition submitted. As the UK is part of the visa waiver programme and we only need an ESTA, he said that we are free to fly as many times as we want whilst the ESTA is valid. I am slightly more anxious this time as when I flew over last in October I was stopped at secondary inspection because they said it raised flags that I was going over so frequently (I will have been a total of 7 times in less than a year!). But theoretically it won't affect your case, the only thing that may happen is immigration may not let you into the country. 

Man I wish I could stand that sort of air time! Thanks for the reply, great to know the option is there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.