Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, kannan said:

Thanks for the clarification. I am relieved that it is only checklist. Can you schedule medical and visa interview after it reaches consulate (say in 20 to 30 days) or wait till you send packet 3 checklist or packet 4?

Well, I'm coming to learn that the Packet 3 requirements are Consulate specific, so you may have look up Packet 3 for yours!

For Canada, we have to wait till we received packet 4 from the Consulate before we can schedule anything.

Edited by Jules_N

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kannan said:

Thanks for the clarification. I am relieved that it is only checklist. Can you schedule medical and visa interview after it reaches consulate (say in 20 to 30 days) or wait till you send packet 3 checklist or packet 4?

For some reason, I can only find packet for online for India: https://photos.state.gov/libraries/india/521916/K1 pkt info/K1 pkt 4 July.pdf

31 minutes ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

"don't patronize me, pls and thank you. bye"

Seriously though, you did not contact DHS. I feel like we know more about this process that people within USCIS and NVC some times, so what does THAT LADY EVEN KNOW?? :angry:

OMG EXACTLY. I seriously have no idea why she's the "immigration expert" at my congressman's office. She clearly has NOT done her research on the K1 visa process... even basic research (I'm talking like 30 minutes here) would show her that what she's telling me makes no sense. She also told me a lot of incorrect information last week like "Hopefully the K1 doesn't expire because you'll just have to reapply again" and I said that people have mentioned that you can just request an extension for the I-129F (she didn't know what this was), and she said "I don't think so. i never heard of an extension"

Sigh. I think her reaching out on my behalf actually helped get my petition to NVC sooner rather than later, but she is pretty useless in terms of information... and I think she's just mad because 2 times now she's relayed info to me that has been incorrect. Last week on Thursday she told me my petition hadn't been mailed, and to give it 6 more weeks to be mailed, and when I called, they told me it was mailed on Thursday. 

Then today, she emailed me LITERALLY AN HOUR AFTER NVC CONFIRMED THEY HAD MY CASE telling me there was no record of my case. 

Guys it would be way more expensive but I think a private company would do a MUCH better job handling these petitions than these unorganized gov agencies -.- 

Praying for a smooth process from here on out for all of us! 

Sorry for the long rant. It's been a long day, and I'm sooo relieved to finally hear the words "we have your case", so I'm celebrating with some wine YIPEEEEE :jest:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
8 minutes ago, v.b said:

hey guys quick question does the spanish police certificate must be certified or nah? 

What do you mean by "certified"? I am from Spain and I don't think I am aware of the possibility of "certifying" our police certificates. Aren't they supposed to be certified when they give them to us??? :P

Edited by HuckleberryFinn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
33 minutes ago, v.b said:

hey guys quick question does the spanish police certificate must be certified or nah? 

Have you ordered it already? When I did, I specifically ticked a box for reason of issuance being visa. 

I went to the Notary and got it notarised, but I’m not sure I had to, given I had ticked that box. Then I went to my spanish bank and paid for it. They stamped it too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
48 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

OMG EXACTLY. I seriously have no idea why she's the "immigration expert" at my congressman's office. She clearly has NOT done her research on the K1 visa process... even basic research (I'm talking like 30 minutes here) would show her that what she's telling me makes no sense. She also told me a lot of incorrect information last week like "Hopefully the K1 doesn't expire because you'll just have to reapply again" and I said that people have mentioned that you can just request an extension for the I-129F (she didn't know what this was), and she said "I don't think so. i never heard of an extension"

Sigh. I think her reaching out on my behalf actually helped get my petition to NVC sooner rather than later, but she is pretty useless in terms of information... and I think she's just mad because 2 times now she's relayed info to me that has been incorrect. Last week on Thursday she told me my petition hadn't been mailed, and to give it 6 more weeks to be mailed, and when I called, they told me it was mailed on Thursday. 

Then today, she emailed me LITERALLY AN HOUR AFTER NVC CONFIRMED THEY HAD MY CASE telling me there was no record of my case. 

Guys it would be way more expensive but I think a private company would do a MUCH better job handling these petitions than these unorganized gov agencies -.- 

Praying for a smooth process from here on out for all of us! 

Sorry for the long rant. It's been a long day, and I'm sooo relieved to finally hear the words "we have your case", so I'm celebrating with some wine YIPEEEEE :jest:

We already pay $535 just for the first step,I really don't think a private company would charge more than that. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

Have you ordered it already? When I did, I specifically ticked a box for reason of issuance being visa. 

I went to the Notary and got it notarised, but I’m not sure I had to, given I had ticked that box. Then I went to my spanish bank and paid for it. They stamped it too.

Do you guys mean the "apostilla"? I'm completely lost as to what you guys mean by certifying it...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, HuckleberryFinn said:

Do you guys mean the "apostilla"? I'm completely lost as to what you guys mean by certifying it...

That’s the name! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, June2017UK said:

That’s the name! 

Oh, then I still don't know the answer to the question. Not sure it's needed, but I'm getting it just in case. @v.b

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Sally.A said:

Finally We got approved today!!!

Finally!!!

I’m 17th filer, got RFE and they replied about receiving request on 28th Nov....waited for 3 weeks after that!! 
I'm so happy that I'm going to cry.

Thank you for supporting me here...Thank you, guys!!!! 

Ahahha finally I saw your kitty on the right cam here saying like a mantra  "girl say that you're approved... please say that you're approved" 😂😂

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Hey Jude said:

Question for my VJ family , does anyone have a rough idea about how long it takes from receiving Noa 2 approval to interview!

It’s really hard to estimate because past cases often made it to interview a lot faster than most recent cases. I used to rely on those cases to understand my own timeline, but things really started to get delayed for May filers. 

To use mine as a timeline, I received NOA2 on a October 26th, it arrived at my consulate today, December 20th. So approximately 2 months to consulate and then not sure how far out my interview will be, but I’m assuming late January to mid-February. So, it’s seemingly like 3-4 months from NOA2 to interview, at least for me. 

I hope that helps :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.