mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bahamas
Timeline
21 hours ago, Watahoot said:

November filer here (November 17th) creeping in.  We are still going strong on our 171 day wait without an RFI or an online status change for AP and EAD.

I keep telling myself it could be any day now...

Woaw. I'm at 147 days wait without RFI or an online status change. Have you tried calling them?

Got an update this morning about I-485, interview was scheduled. It said "employment based interview is scheduled" so i had to call and make sure it's family-based, not employment based. They said someone just made a mistake on that, they have it correctly on file. On the other hand, for work authorization, this officer told me my case is still at background checking. LOL. Told me it takes 6 months. Ha.ha.ha. Great. I will lose my job, but hey, knowing something is going somewhere is at least something, i guess... 

15 minutes ago, SarahMV said:

Got an update this morning about I-485, interview was scheduled. It said "employment based interview is scheduled" so i had to call and make sure it's family-based, not employment based. They said someone just made a mistake on that, they have it correctly on file. On the other hand, for work authorization, this officer told me my case is still at background checking. LOL. Told me it takes 6 months. Ha.ha.ha. Great. I will lose my job, but hey, knowing something is going somewhere is at least something, i guess... 

Who told you 6 months? A level 2 officer? #######? Are they crazy? Or they don't know what else to say as excuse? Damn!

8 minutes ago, Frankjoseph said:

Who told you 6 months? A level 2 officer? #######? Are they crazy? Or they don't know what else to say as excuse? Damn!

A level 2 officer. I didn't even respond to that. I think they are just saying whatever that comes into their minds. My case has been pending for almost 160 days, i guess I'm not too far from 180 days. Ha!

So for those of you who had interviews or know about it, how long does it take to actually obtain temporary green card after the interview? I haven't gotten a mail with interview date yet, but assuming I will sometime this month. With this rate, I'm wondering if I'll get the interview before work authorization. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/7/2018 at 2:27 PM, Peot said:

However, the case number assigned to the EAD (filed jointly) has NOT changed. I called USCIS and spoke to a tier one rep, and they said that as the processing time estimate was yesterday and I am over that, they have elevated it and a tier 2 will be calling me back or emailing me with the latest info to let me know what the case status is within 5 business days.

After 5 days if I haven't heard anything back, I was told to call them back.

Update - the website has now updated with "A new card is being produced" ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gregory Karter said:

Woaw. I'm at 147 days wait without RFI or an online status change. Have you tried calling them?

Yep!  My wife has called and made at least one service request.  It just seems that 6 months is the new average processing time for the EAD and AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/7/2018 at 1:14 PM, debkennedy said:

Hello guys! My first time here. Also a December 2017 filer. Today is day 132 since we sent all the paperwork. Still as "we received your case" (Dec 29th) on both online case status. Very frustrating. 

Welcome on board. I know a lot of us will get updated this month. So! Hakuna matata 😉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/7/2018 at 1:14 PM, debkennedy said:

Hello guys! My first time here. Also a December 2017 filer. Today is day 132 since we sent all the paperwork. Still as "we received your case" (Dec 29th) on both online case status. Very frustrating. 

Took 152 days for mine to show any change. Patience wins the day. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, Frankjoseph said:

I am Feb 2018 filer for AOS just hanging around trying to find some hope somewhere but I see Dec filers are still struggling too lol...

Anyways, I called USCIS last week about the user defined error when I want to track my I-485 case. They transferred me to a tier 2 agent. I also asked about EAD processing times (I am at 90 days of waiting so I thought I could ask) and they told me that it was 6 months now... 

47 minutes ago, Marion said:

I am Feb 2018 filer for AOS just hanging around trying to find some hope somewhere but I see Dec filers are still struggling too lol...

Anyways, I called USCIS last week about the user defined error when I want to track my I-485 case. They transferred me to a tier 2 agent. I also asked about EAD processing times (I am at 90 days of waiting so I thought I could ask) and they told me that it was 6 months now... 

Yeah, they have "corrected" the estimated processing times to 5-7 months as of now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is my speculation... (because what else can I do but try to make sense out of why this is taking so damn long).

This is not a statement for or against the current administration's immigration policies, but it seems like the policy changes, speculation about the policies, changes in USCIS - whether they are rumored or factual - have created a lot of tension and fear among US immigrants and potential immigrants. There are probably a lot of applications sent in that would have otherwise sat on someone's desk for weeks, months, years but now there is pressure to apply before something changes. Plus there are probably more phone calls, inquiries, emails that take up officers' time. Not to mention there is probably pressure from congress. All that makes for slower progress for us who are in the midst of the process. 

Again, that's just my two cents and not from any concrete source. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.