- my passport

- my USA driving license

- my green card

what else?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/9/2018 at 8:35 PM, LUAL said:

Interview in a few days... nervous!!! 

Have fun since we are in the same office.

The first interview results are out for Dec filers and I am happy to say I am one step closer to being a U.S. Citizen. Had my interview today, the overall process was very smooth and easy. I was in and out in roughly about 1.5 hrs, tough the checkin officer said they had a fire alarm earlier in the day so I think any other day the wait would be shorter. Process is pretty standard, you go through security and then checkin at the checkin counter where they hand out a token. Then you wait in the waiting area for your number to be called out. They don’t call out your number on a PA system so you have to be little alert but I felt it was no problem, they were pretty loud. Once my number was called out officer took me in the back room. She took copies of my Greencard, birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport. Then she started the interview with an Oath. As soon as we sat down she verified my details like name, address, etc. She took my photo and fingerprints and then started the interview with reading and writing: Where is the capital of US. Next she moved onto the civic test, with some basic questions.

·        What is the supreme law of the land?

·        Who did the United States fight in World War II?

·        What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

·        What is the capital of your state?

·        Who vetoes bills?

·        What is an amendment?

Once done she went through my application with me and concluded with  the golden words we all wait to hear i.e I am recommending your application for approval. You will get a letter with the date for the Oath ceremony.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Excitingjourney said:

The first interview results are out for Dec filers and I am happy to say I am one step closer to being a U.S. Citizen. Had my interview today, the overall process was very smooth and easy. I was in and out in roughly about 1.5 hrs, tough the checkin officer said they had a fire alarm earlier in the day so I think any other day the wait would be shorter. Process is pretty standard, you go through security and then checkin at the checkin counter where they hand out a token. Then you wait in the waiting area for your number to be called out. They don’t call out your number on a PA system so you have to be little alert but I felt it was no problem, they were pretty loud. Once my number was called out officer took me in the back room. She took copies of my Greencard, birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport. Then she started the interview with an Oath. As soon as we sat down she verified my details like name, address, etc. She took my photo and fingerprints and then started the interview with reading and writing: Where is the capital of US. Next she moved onto the civic test, with some basic questions.

Once done she went through my application with me and concluded with  the golden words we all wait to hear i.e I am recommending your application for approval. You will get a letter with the date for the Oath ceremony.

Nice! I will be there tomorrow and will share what happens.

Thanks and good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is the estimate time for N400 online accurate? 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

8 hours ago, Excitingjourney said:

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing your experience!  Hoping more of us get our interview letters this month!

Edited by drwho007

Timeline

EVVIVA!!! 

Got my interview today at the Tampa office.

SHORT VERSION: Everything went smooth and I got approved.

LONG VERSION: My interview was schedule at 1:10 p.m. I am usually early to things so I got there at 12:20 p.m.  both me and my wife went through security (remember that you can NOT bring liquids inside the USCIS), and I went to do the check-in. They told me they can't check me in prior than 30 minutes before my appointment, which I knew but I still tried to get it done quickly. I sit for 20 minutes then went back and they checked me in at 12:42 p.m. 

There were a lot of people, precisely I was #172 and they were calling 135.... After approximately 50 minutes, so at around 2:15 p.m. they called my number and I went in with my little package (green card, letter, n400 package, spouse birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc...). Office D.R. walked me to her office and we did the oath. She verified my name, DOB, employer, last trip out of USA. She asked me 6 questions:

- Who was the first president?

- One promise you make when you become US citizen?

- Where is the Statue of Liberty?

- Governor of my state?

- What movement tried to end racial discr.?

- 2 American's holidays

After the 6 right answers, she said "congrats, you passed the civic part of test, now comes the easy part, please read the first sentence" she handed me a piece of paper and the first sentence was "Who lives in the White House?". Once I read it, she told me to write on another piece of paper "The President lives in the White House".  Once I did, she told me "Congrats! You passed the test and I will recommend your application for approval. You will receive a mail in the next few weeks with the date of your Naturalization Ceremony when you will become an American Citizen". I asked her how long usually it takes for the NC and she said they usually happen within a month from the interview in this office (please ask your officer since all office are different and with different timelines).

Since they called my number to me leaving the parking lot took not more than 15 minutes, the officer was super nice, smiling, professional and made me feel comfortable (I rarely feel uncomfortable lol).

She gave me the N-652 "Naturalization Interview Results" form with a mark on "You passed the English test and the US history and government test". And another mark on the A "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified of when and where to report for your naturalization ceremony".

So now I need to wait for that mail!

Good luck all and let me know if you have any questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
31 minutes ago, LUAL said:

EVVIVA!!! 

LONG VERSION: My interview was schedule at 1:10 p.m. I am usually early to things so I got there at 12:20 p.m.  both me and my wife went through security (remember that you can NOT bring liquids inside the USCIS), and I went to do the check-in. They told me they can't check me in prior than 30 minutes before my appointment, which I knew but I still tried to get it done quickly. I sit for 20 minutes then went back and they checked me in at 12:42 p.m. 

There were a lot of people, precisely I was #172 and they were calling 135.... After approximately 50 minutes, so at around 2:15 p.m. they called my number and I went in with my little package (green card, letter, n400 package, spouse birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc...). Office D.R. walked me to her office and we did the oath. She verified my name, DOB, employer, last trip out of USA. She asked me 6 questions:

- Governor of my state?

- 2 American's holidays

After the 6 right answers, she said "congrats, you passed the civic part of test, now comes the easy part, please read the first sentence" she handed me a piece of paper and the first sentence was "Who lives in the White House?". Once I read it, she told me to write on another piece of paper "The President lives in the White House".  Once I did, she told me "Congrats! You passed the test and I will recommend your application for approval. You will receive a mail in the next few weeks with the date of your Naturalization Ceremony when you will become an American Citizen". I asked her how long usually it takes for the NC and she said they usually happen within a month from the interview in this office (please ask your officer since all office are different and with different timelines).

Since they called my number to me leaving the parking lot took not more than 15 minutes, the officer was super nice, smiling, professional and made me feel comfortable (I rarely feel uncomfortable lol).

She gave me the N-652 "Naturalization Interview Results" form with a mark on "You passed the English test and the US history and government test". And another mark on the A "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified of when and where to report for your naturalization ceremony".

Congratulations! Did the officer mention anything about your pending I-751 or they just carried on with your N 400 and that was it?

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Starkilla09 said:

Congratulations! Did the officer mention anything about your pending I-751 or they just carried on with your N 400 and that was it?

I did not apply for N400 until my I751 was approved. There was no reason for me to apply before that.

As you can see from my TL my I751 was approved on 10/6/17 and I have applied for N400 on 12/1/17.

5 hours ago, LUAL said:

EVVIVA!!! 

- Governor of my state?

- 2 American's holidays

Congratulations!!!  When you say N400 package, does that mean you print out your N400 application form with all the answers?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, drwho007 said:

Congratulations!!!  When you say N400 package, does that mean you print out your N400 application form with all the answers?

Correct, no matter how I sent my documents (mail or online) I've always printed (or copied) a full copy of the entire package. I did it with I129F all the way to the N400. I had the copy with me but did not need to take it out. The only thing they asked me to see was the GC.

7 minutes ago, LUAL said:

Correct, no matter how I sent my documents (mail or online) I've always printed (or copied) a full copy of the entire package. I did it with I129F all the way to the N400. I had the copy with me but did not need to take it out. The only thing they asked me to see was the GC.

Thanks!  I guess it does not hurt to print it out.  I assume they give you a list of things you need to bring in the interview letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.