AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Crazy, almost the same story with us...way back in May when we filed the I-129F, we figured we'd be together by Christmas. You said it best, every date keeps getting **** on since then it seems. Not one expectation in terms of timing has come true/been accurate for us. My Fiance in Canada left her job in October and has been waiting since...she was debating then whether to get another job at the time, but we were like "Ah! Why bother, you'll be here by Christmas anyways!"... then Christmas came, "OKAY, it's GOTTA be by like, end of January...hang in there"... so she waits . Now here we are, still waiting. She is immensely tired of the never ending stream of delays and failed expectations about everything. She said she'll give it a couple more weeks and she's going back to work because she's not counting on being here by End of February/early March anymore and I can't really blame her. Lately without work, she's just been bored out of her mind and also has too much time to think about how much longer this/that is going to take. And to every delay? What can I really say? Just a little longer. Just a little longer. It's been just a little longer since last fall already. We see each other every few weeks, but yet the delays are still hard, and are total killjoy on the wedding planning. Everything is in this state of 'limbo' or suspension...waiting...and waiting. 

I'm so sorry that's happening to you guys as well. There really was no reason why you wouldn't have been able to start working at that job come April. I'm sure you expected like us to be here by January at the latest; get married ASAP, file EAD and be ready to work come April already (looks like the EAD is taking around 3-4 months, so that would've been accurate). I feel like we're among the last stragglers from the November NOA2 group.

Yup. I just graduated last June and turned down a job offer I had lined up to start in July, since I figured I'd have to quit by October. So I just took the summer off and worked part time at a summer camp making a lot less than I should. When the slow down became obvious, I started applying to local jobs like crazy and started a new one in October. I was already going crazy before with the wait and not much to keep me busy. I think I'd lose my mind if I hadn't made that choice and started working. It was a difficult choice to make, because I didn't wanna have to quit after a short period of time in case things picked up. But I figured a company would fire me in a heartbeat if it was advantageous to them and stopped feeling bad.  

Fingers crossed that she won't have to wait much longer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cm6307 said:

Fingers crossed that she won't have to wait much longer. 

Hopefully so! Same for you guys, I hope all of this pushes through ASAP. By the way for your Packet 3 checklist, for anything that didn't apply, what did you guys put there? I just put N/A for the sections that didn't apply (Court records, military records, etc.) for us. I guess it crossed my mind today that maybe they would think I didn't -have- those documents if I put N/A...but not sure what else to put there. Maybe i'm just being over-zealous on the paperwork/documents.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Hopefully so! Same for you guys, I hope all of this pushes through ASAP. By the way for your Packet 3 checklist, for anything that didn't apply, what did you guys put there? I just put N/A for the sections that didn't apply (Court records, military records, etc.) for us. I guess it crossed my mind today that maybe they would think I didn't -have- those documents if I put N/A...but not sure what else to put there. Maybe i'm just being over-zealous on the paperwork/documents.

I think it says to just check the ones that apply. I put N/A next to the ones that didn't apply. 

Timeline

@aviator99 and @Cm6307

Hi guys. Another Canuck filer here anxiously watching your posts and hoping things move along for you, me and the rest of us.

Not sure what the heck is up with movement for Canadian K1s right now. Mine's been at the NVC since Jan 24, still being told "give it two weeks" while watching cases who got their NOA2s a month after mine are arriving at the NVC, being assigned case numbers and booking interviews seemingly all within a couple days or a week or so.

I totally relate to what you're both saying about how it seems like every time we make a step forward, it's two steps back and more waiting. Geez!  It's like one of those nightmares where you're running in slo-mo or something.

Bummer day today. The first day of yet another month of going nowhere, fast. :P 

Anyhow best of luck to you both :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

We're headed to the end point. Interview date made for Feb. 27th, so we're just crossing fingers! Everything he needs from me went out in the mail yesterday, so we're just praying that everything goes according to plan. I know that applicants usually receive a yes or no at the interview, but how long after that does it usually take to get the actual visa in hand? Anyone know?

Timeline
1 hour ago, D and T said:

@aviator99 and @Cm6307

Hi guys. Another Canuck filer here anxiously watching your posts and hoping things move along for you, me and the rest of us.

Not sure what the heck is up with movement for Canadian K1s right now. Mine's been at the NVC since Jan 24, still being told "give it two weeks" while watching cases who got their NOA2s a month after mine are arriving at the NVC, being assigned case numbers and booking interviews seemingly all within a couple days or a week or so.

I totally relate to what you're both saying about how it seems like every time we make a step forward, it's two steps back and more waiting. Geez!  It's like one of those nightmares where you're running in slo-mo or something.

Bummer day today. The first day of yet another month of going nowhere, fast. :P 

Anyhow best of luck to you both :)

Hello!

Yeeeeeppppp. Amazing that even countries that DONT do electronic processing are moving way more faster than Canada. Just like you said...other countries are arriving at NVC, then quickly assigned case numbers, then quickly sent back out. Everything about Canada was a delay for us. NVC took a week to assign a case #; then 3 days for it to switch to "In Transit" on CEAC...that was last week Wednesday. Still "In Transit". It wouldn't be so bad if we could setup an interview through this whole process, or immediately when the case changes to Ready. Most embassies allow that. But with Canada...we have to wait, and wait...and wait...then when it says Ready, send Packet 3...and hope for a response which seems to range anywhere from a couple days to up to 3 weeks to get a simple email back from them.

Best of luck to you and your Fiance as well! At least we all know we are not alone in this frustrating processing...sigh. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, aviator99 said:

Hello!

Yeeeeeppppp. Amazing that even countries that DONT do electronic processing are moving way more faster than Canada. Just like you said...other countries are arriving at NVC, then quickly assigned case numbers, then quickly sent back out. Everything about Canada was a delay for us. NVC took a week to assign a case #; then 3 days for it to switch to "In Transit" on CEAC...that was last week Wednesday. Still "In Transit". It wouldn't be so bad if we could setup an interview through this whole process, or immediately when the case changes to Ready. Most embassies allow that. But with Canada...we have to wait, and wait...and wait...then when it says Ready, send Packet 3...and hope for a response which seems to range anywhere from a couple days to up to 3 weeks to get a simple email back from them.

Best of luck to you and your Fiance as well! At least we all know we are not alone in this frustrating processing...sigh. 

Yes. This whole thing has just been an immense strain and negative experience all around. Now to be so close to the end yet stymied by...what?

I just tried calling them again... and again told "you HAVE to give us two weeks to assign a case number."  

It was all I could do to not burst into tears. 

We'll never get this time back, these months and months of nothing. What a terrible waste.

Well, best of luck to you, too. Please do post back and let me know when you get your interview booked. Thanks!

Edited by D and T
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline
8 minutes ago, D and T said:

I just tried calling them again... and again told "you HAVE to give us two weeks to assign a case number."  

I'm also a Canada filer.  I've been waiting 8 days for NVC # and I call every single day.  Typically they've been nice about it, but occasionally you get some not so gentle operators.  Take heart and keep calling.  The first time I called I asked if it would be okay to call every day and she was sooo sweet and said "absolutely, we don't mind at all.  We're here to answer the phone".   I don't think the operators are the same people who receive and scan in our paperwork.    I know 8 days isn't horrible, but with the wedding date fast approaching and all the delays, we may have to postpone the wedding :(  I'm reading all the comments about how Canada is so slow, then I see those from the Philippines and UK going from NVC # to POE in one month and I'm happy for them but wondering why it's so slow for Canadians.  Frustrating, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, D and T said:

Yes. This whole thing has just been an immense strain and negative experience all around. Now to be so close to the end yet stymied by...what?

It was all I could do to not burst into tears. 

We'll never get this time back, these months and months of nothing. What a terrible waste.

Well, best of luck to you, too. Please do post back and let me know when you get your interview booked. Thanks!

They told us the same before I got a case #...to allow up to 2 weeks. I had the same feeling like "Oh God are you SERIOUS"...when every other petition for other countries get it right away or within days. Our case arrived on a Friday, then we had a case # the next week Friday night. So it was just 1 week for us. I would call at night, I never had to wait on hold calling around 11pm, plus they were done processing for the day. I will keep you and @Cm6307 updated as well with any news on our case too. I hope and pray for the best for all of us :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, A & C 1 said:

I'm also a Canada filer.  I've been waiting 8 days for NVC # and I call every single day.  Typically they've been nice about it, but occasionally you get some not so gentle operators.  Take heart and keep calling.  The first time I called I asked if it would be okay to call every day and she was sooo sweet and said "absolutely, we don't mind at all.  We're here to answer the phone".   I don't think the operators are the same people who receive and scan in our paperwork.    I know 8 days isn't horrible, but with the wedding date fast approaching and all the delays, we may have to postpone the wedding :(  I'm reading all the comments about how Canada is so slow, then I see those from the Philippines and UK going from NVC # to POE in one month and I'm happy for them but wondering why it's so slow for Canadians.  Frustrating, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

Hiya!  Thanks for chiming in. :)

Yes the folks at the NVC have been very kind for the most part. Actually, this might sound strange but when you first call the number,  you know the recorded gentleman's voice that you hear, that tells you your options? He reminds me of someone from Mayberry or something LOL.

Anyhow yes today was really the first day I got someone who was kind of impatient. After the line stopped ringing, all I could hear was some clicking and had to say "hello" a couple times so perhaps that irked her.  I'm sure they're busy and overwhelmed at times with calls. 

Could I ask, what was your NOA1 and NOA2 date? I know it doesn't matter anymore, since everything's so borked, but I'm just curious I guess.

Thanks again for your kind words :) and yes you're right we must all take heart.  At least we're close to the end when so many Junies are still in limbo without any word at all and even a few May filers are still waiting for their NOA2s. 

• June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH

Timeline
1 hour ago, D and T said:

Could I ask, what was your NOA1 and NOA2 date?

NOA1 June 19

NOA2 Dec. 21

NVC received Jan 24

NVC # assigned - still waiting  

I was thrilled when I received my NOA2 so quickly (relatively, especially since John & Rose and still waiting), and thought the rest would be a breeze but now I see NOA2's approved Jan. 19th, a whole month later, and they already have their NVC # and booking their interviews.  Just makes me wonder about Canada since we can't book interview until packet 4.  Wedding date is set for May 25th which I thought was plenty of time and now I'm starting to worry.  Time for a contingency plan.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

NOA1 June 19

NOA2 Dec. 21

NVC received Jan 24

NVC # assigned - still waiting  

I was thrilled when I received my NOA2 so quickly (relatively, especially since John & Rose and still waiting), and thought the rest would be a breeze but now I see NOA2's approved Jan. 19th, a whole month later, and they already have their NVC # and booking their interviews.  Just makes me wonder about Canada since we can't book interview until packet 4.  Wedding date is set for May 25th which I thought was plenty of time and now I'm starting to worry.  Time for a contingency plan.

Thank you. :)

God, it's awful having one's life at the mercy of faceless people who don't know or care about you, isn't it? I do not understand why the Canadian consulate is so slow, but there's no choice in the matter. On the up side, their reviews are always good and they seem to be friendly and efficient on the day of the interview.

I was hoping to be there by first week of March, but now I'm not so sure about that. Yep a contingency plan would be a good bet at this point, just in case.

Edited by D and T
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & April said:

After our long, long wait...finally Visa Approved! Thank You, Lord!🙇:jest:

Congrats!!!! My interview is on the 22nd of February! Fingers crossed! How was the interview? Did it take long or no? Many questions or no? Thanks beforehand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.