nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Henken23 said:

PS

Just to clarify some things here I understand many of us are really trying to be of help but if we must help pls and pls let it be those that has gone thru the process,submitted required documents and gone thru all the phases of USCIS And NVC probably INTERVIEW.I don't like a situation people send me messages and getting confused about documents to submit these and that.God bless us all.To those of our fellow brethren still waiting either in NVC stage or USCIS stage trust me it's gonna be a great joy at the end of everything.Best of LUCK

The problem is that many people refuse from reading the information. Ofc sometimes not everything is clear, and everyone can have doubts at certain point. But many members just come here asking basic things that are not just explained in visajourney guides, but also on the NVC/USCIS website, and even already explained and mention on this topic, but hey, it's easier if others save me 5/10 minutes of reading perfectly understandable information.

Edited by ASMS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, ASMS said:

The problem is that many people refuse from reading the information. Ofc sometimes not everything is clear, and everyone can have doubts at certain point. But many members just come here asking basic things that are not just explained in gides of visajourney, but also on the NVC/USCIS website, and even already explained and mention on this topic, but hey, it's easier if others save me 5/10 minutes of reading perfectly understandable information.

Exactly also the point is if we must give advice or whatever we should follow the instructions given either in USCIS or NVC,also we must not confuse people about what is not needed and they start running around looking and stressing about how to get those things that are not needed.Thank you 

Edited by Henken23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ueslei & Jacky said:

Thanks! I'm trying to stay positive and going to request an expedite at every step of the way. I'm close to being evicted and having nowhere to live with my children. BTW, I'm the USC petitioning for my husband who is in Brazil waiting for the visa while I'm in the US with the children. Everything will happen in God's time.

Oh sorry to hear you are having problems. What state do u live in now?? Pray God gets you to a safe place for u and your children and keep you going holding on to faith.. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, MrsKhan said:

@Pat Stubbs plz read

11 hours ago, Lyn & Lan said:

Hello Everyone,

For anyone whose case was received by NVC in January and has still not received a case number/ invoice number after the 2 week mark, please call every single day.

My docs were received Jan 29th, I called and they told me to wait 2 weeks, I waited and the 2 weeks was up on Feb 12th. 

As soon as it hit the 2 week mark this past Monday, I took it upon myself to be a pest! I called 4 times everyday. I got " you should have gotten your case number by now", "we are currently behind", "let me send your case to a supervisor and it might take 6 WEEKS for him/ her to review it".!!!!  I kept up my 7 am, Noon, 3pm and 8pm calls and must have gotten a supervisor referral 4 times.

Ladies and gentlemen, I called last night at 9pm and the nice man on the phone gave me my case and invoice numbers and said they were just created. So, I got my case number after 2 weeks and 2 days of my case getting to the NVC.

Moral of this story/epistle, call them back to back, become a pest, lol. Be very nice on the phone though. This is especially for anyone who has reached the 2 week mark. 

Do you think they record every time you call them? (I’ve called every day for 5 days with one supervisor escalation but I was told again tonight to call back next Monday even though it’s over 2 weeks).

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Do you think they record every time you call them? (I’ve called every day for 5 days with one supervisor escalation but I was told again tonight to call back next Monday even though it’s over 2 weeks).

I am not sure if they do because they never mentioned it. Be persistent, call this evening and at least 3 times tomorrow. They are closed on Monday for the President's Day holiday. Please don't feel bad calling repeatedly, they are usually nice.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
Just now, Lyn & Lan said:

I am not sure if they do because they never mentioned it. Be persistent, call this evening and at least 3 times tomorrow. They are closed on Monday for the President's Day holiday. Please don't feel bad calling repeatedly, they are usually nice.

Just now, Lyn & Lan said:

Thanks so much. It gets a bit disheartening after months and months of waiting and dealing with the nail biting, nerve wracking attempts to end parents Immigration eligibility. 😢 I’ll keep phoning.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

I don't think they record every time ,  now they might have record on your case if you request like supervisor review or escalate the issue and Involve higher party. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Thanks so much. It gets a bit disheartening after months and months of waiting and dealing with the nail biting, nerve wracking attempts to end parents Immigration eligibility. 😢 I’ll keep phoning.

You are most welcome. I completely understand how you feel. Hang in there and don't forget to share the good news when they give you the case number. It will also give others hope.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lyn & Lan said:

You are most welcome. I completely understand how you feel. Hang in there and don't forget to share the good news when they give you the case number. It will also give others hope.

We should be persistent and always hope for the best. I filed and submitted DS 261 yesterday. Got my husband to call nvc in the evening to review it. He was told the form haven't show up yet in their system to give it a few days. But just now we got our Welcome letter in our emails and invoice of AOS fee. Meaning the form was reviewed within 24hrs and we got AOS invoice. So let not wait around.  Always call and ask. God will keep helping us. 

Edited by Oladipo

Timeline
6 hours ago, Oladipo said:

We should be persistent and always hope for the best. I filed and submitted DS 261 yesterday. Got my husband to call nvc in the evening to review it. He was told the form haven't show up yet in their system to give it a few days. But just now we got our Welcome letter in our emails and invoice of AOS fee. Meaning the form was reviewed within 24hrs and we got AOS invoice. So let not wait around.  Always call and ask. God will keep helping us. 

We just pay the affidavit of support fees this morning, it said IN PROCESS  we also got our welcome letter this morning too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.