nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, hannac said:

My case status is saying " NOTICE WAS RETURNED TO USCIS BECAUSE THE POST OFFICE COULD NOT DELIVER IT". Any idea what does this mean?

Think you better call uscis and check what address they have on file for you.. Have you moved??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
Just now, Sundee said:

Think you better call uscis and check what address they have on file for you.. Have you moved??

Yes. My husband moved and we updated them with the new address. I said they probably had already sent the mail to us before we could have sent them the new address. Do you know if people get notice in the mail when they change address? It probably can be that.

Timeline
Just now, hannac said:

Yes. My husband moved and we updated them with the new address. I said they probably had already sent the mail to us before we could have sent them the new address. Do you know if people get notice in the mail when they change address? It probably can be that.

I moved after I mailed in my 1-130 petition and I updated my address abt 10 days before I actually moved. Uscis will not mail out a letter to you stating they got your change of address but on your uscis on line acct it will say the address change was assigned to a officer. I would say they need to be called to verify new mailing address... If you have a Lawyer they also get mail to their office on Your behalf

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sundee said:

Yes that's what should be done . It happened to us too , apparently they sent it to the wrong address . Call them to rectify the problem 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, JustinS said:

NOA2 in the mail today!  They said they hadn't approved until Dec 11 but these are dated the 8th. :-) 

Congratulations 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mrs Prestige said:

Congratulations 

Happy for you JustinS....Congraluations🎈🎈🎈

Now at NVC stage you will have to request another expedite. Glad your getting your children here. Step children or not, they are yours when you’re  the one supporting them and giving them love ❤️ 

Edited by Sundee
Forgot to place name

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How do you request an expedite. My wife and I are at 271 days and we will miss our time to travel from work at great expense. I call 1 (800) 375-5283 and get in an endless loop. Please help. Thank you 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, vlen1234 said:

How do you request an expedite. My wife and I are at 271 days and we will miss our time to travel from work at great expense. I call 1 (800) 375-5283 and get in an endless loop. Please help. Thank you 

To request a expedite you must have a good reason to request one which can include financial hardship, medical emergency, etc. It’s at the discretion of the immigration officer rather it’s granted or denied. You have to call Uscis at the number you have shown here on your posting and tell the rep you are requesting your case to be expedited and she will then forward what u tell her/him to a Immigration officer to review your request..

Good luck and keep us posted..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here are all the updates I got 

( These are just all the updates on case # I was tracking )

April 3rd.   ~~~ sent to DoS

( sad part this case # is 9 away from my case # ) 

March 20 ( 5 cases ).  ~~~ Sent to DoS 

Match 19 ~~~~. Sent to DoS 

March 17 ~~~~. Sent to DoS 

March 15 ~~~~ Sent to DoS 

March 13 ( 3 cases ). ~~~ Sent to DoS 

March 6  ( 3 cases )  ~~~. Sent to DoS 

March 3 ( 2 cases ) ~~~~ Sent to DoS 

March 2 ( 2 cases ) ~~~~  Sent to DoS

February 24. ~~~~~ Sent to DoS 

February 21 ( 2 cases ) ~~~ Sent to DoS

February 15 ~~~~. Sent to DoS 

January 25 ~~~~ Sent to DoS 

December 19 ~~~~. Sent to DoS 

So yeah they approved lots of petitions today looks like 

11 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

@harsh2010  I am realizing there is a pattern to these.  They are sending them in bulk to the NVC or something.  For example, my cases were approved on 12/8 but they didn't show online that they were forwarded to DOS until today.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, JustinS said:

@harsh2010  I am realizing there is a pattern to these.  They are sending them in bulk to the NVC or something.  For example, my cases were approved on 12/8 but they didn't show online that they were forwarded to DOS until today.  

Yes I have been saying this for months. I think one person in Nebraska enters all the approvals after they are mailed. It's probably easier to do them all at once.

Edited by acidrain

11 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Yes I have been saying this for months. I think one person in Nebraska enters all the approvals after they are mailed. It's probably easier to do them all at once.

Sorry, didn't realize it until I saw it.....you're definitely right... but I think it may also be they mail them in bulk...  approve them, pile them and forward to the NVC all at once

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JustinS said:

Sorry, didn't realize it until I saw it.....you're definitely right... but I think it may also be they mail them in bulk...  approve them, pile them and forward to the NVC all at once

lol it's like a mass production center. With the volume of applications it's a big possibility. I think they also operate a triage system where obvious RFE's are processed ahead of approvals. I wonder if Nebraska intends on updating their website. It's been stuck on Jan 14 for what feels like months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

Well dang!  We are March 3 but it doesn’t look like it was us. 😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.