2,950 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2018 at 6:24 AM, AlluringSoul said:

Call Tier 2 officer and see if you can get an answer from them, although, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you're lucky to schedule an infopass, I would try doing that.

I got an infopass and spoke to the section manager who told me at first to just go to my interview and they would review my application in meantime. However my lawyer went in person and they gave her this horrible Update: they did make a mistake and are now cancelling my oath ceremony. The officer told my lawyer that they have put me in line to review my I-751 and schedule me for an interview since they recently enforced the interviews to be required for all applicants and conducted separately. They have given us no clue as to when that will actually be. This is a nightmare come true. 

On 10/7/2018 at 4:13 PM, Meme.B said:

Hi, @Steph3559

Did the officer accept to do the interview with your husband?

Thank you for sharing your experience, and Congratulations for your N-400 approved. 

No he just kept repeating, wait for the oath ceremony scheduled letter. But I got a horrible update today: they did make a mistake and are now cancelling my oath ceremony. The officer told my lawyer that they have put me in line to review my I-751 and schedule me for an interview since they recently enforced the interviews to be required for all applicants and conducted separately. They have given us no clue as to when that will actually be. This is a nightmare come true. 

5 hours ago, Steph3559 said:

No he just kept repeating, wait for the oath ceremony scheduled letter. But I got a horrible update today: they did make a mistake and are now cancelling my oath ceremony. The officer told my lawyer that they have put me in line to review my I-751 and schedule me for an interview since they recently enforced the interviews to be required for all applicants and conducted separately. They have given us no clue as to when that will actually be. This is a nightmare come true. 

5 hours ago, Steph3559 said:

You mean conduct the I751 separately? Or N400 and I751 interview separately. I am in LA office too. Which floor you at?

16 hours ago, Steph3559 said:

@asdfzc I interviewed at the Los Angeles field office. Update: they did make a mistake and are now cancelling my oath ceremony. The officer told my lawyer that they have put me in line to review my I-751 and schedule me for an interview since they recently enforced the interviews to be required for all applicants and conducted separately. They have given us no clue as to when that will actually be. This is a nightmare come true. 

Wow, it seems like you dealt with some really incompetent people there. They SHOULD know about the combo N400/I751 interview - it's nothing new really.

Hope you get good news soon. Keep us posted. Other than the wait, I don't think you have too much to worry about. But I get that the wait itself is just as bad.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, Steph3559 said:

@asdfzc I interviewed at the Los Angeles field office. Update: they did make a mistake and are now cancelling my oath ceremony. The officer told my lawyer that they have put me in line to review my I-751 and schedule me for an interview since they recently enforced the interviews to be required for all applicants and conducted separately. They have given us no clue as to when that will actually be. This is a nightmare come true. 

@Steph3559 

Im sorry to hear it.

N-400 Los Angeles April 2018 here. Im so worried how they are not processing the combo interview in Los Angeles. :cry:I didnt have any update on my pending I-751 or N-400 interview.

Please keep us the LA fillers updated and thanks for share your experience.

Regards,

Am scheduled for biometrics on 10/29 for my N-400. No movement at all on my I-751

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

23 hours ago, Husbandandwife said:

@Steph3559 

Im sorry to hear it.

N-400 Los Angeles April 2018 here. Im so worried how they are not processing the combo interview in Los Angeles. :cry:I didnt have any update on my pending I-751 or N-400 interview.

Please keep us the LA fillers updated and thanks for share your experience.

Regards,

I filed my N400 in late March so your should be soon!!!

12 hours ago, Jose V said:

Is anybody applying from WI? I have a N400 interview coming up but i751 is still pending. I have not heard any combo interview experience at Milwaukee field.

I am in WI. Do you mind updating your timeline please?

Edited by nompish

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

For all of you here who have had a joint interview, was your i-751 updated beforehand to say transferred to a new office that has jurisdiction? I have my N400 interview in 10 days and have been on the phone to USCIS multiple times to see if they can arrange for my i-751 to be transferred to my local office in San Bernardino for joint processing. They put in a request for this to be done at the start of the month and the inquiry is still pending at the moment, each time I call they tell me something different, but they tell me the i-751 is still at CSC and not my local office. I am trying to figure out if I should be prepared for a joint interview or just N400. Any of your experiences would be helpful! Thanks so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

For my wife, there was no status indicating a transfer of the file to the local office, prior to the combo interview. However, the IO did have a paper file of the i751 that he reviewed with us in order to complete the application review. At the end, he said she was approved and then I left and she did the n400 part of the interview with him alone. So yeah, he had the application in hand despite us not receiving any notification of such.

Note, from everything I've heard, the i751 paper application is completely scanned and placed within their system when they first receive it. So transferring your application from CSC to your local office isn't necessarily sending a paper file. It might not be anything more than sending an email.

I wouldn't freak out about it. They'll probably have the application in paper and/or electronic form prior to the interview. Anecdotally, I've only seen one or two VJ'ers show up for their N400 interview and not have it be a combo interview. I think most IO's are aware of the need to do both, especially with the longer pendency times for the i751's.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

6 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

For my wife, there was no status indicating a transfer of the file to the local office, prior to the combo interview. However, the IO did have a paper file of the i751 that he reviewed with us in order to complete the application review. At the end, he said she was approved and then I left and she did the n400 part of the interview with him alone. So yeah, he had the application in hand despite us not receiving any notification of such.

Note, from everything I've heard, the i751 paper application is completely scanned and placed within their system when they first receive it. So transferring your application from CSC to your local office isn't necessarily sending a paper file. It might not be anything more than sending an email.

I wouldn't freak out about it. They'll probably have the application in paper and/or electronic form prior to the interview. Anecdotally, I've only seen one or two VJ'ers show up for their N400 interview and not have it be a combo interview. I think most IO's are aware of the need to do both, especially with the longer pendency times for the i751's.

Great thank you for your insight, that was very helpful. I guess I will wait and see and hope for the best! :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, TMDM said:

Great thank you for your insight, that was very helpful. I guess I will wait and see and hope for the best! :) 

One thing you have going for you is that it is very likely the Immigration Officer who handles your interview has a job performance metric related to closing applications, either rejection or approval. If your case is an obvious approval then he/she is going to be very motivated to approve the case ASAP. If, for any reason, the i751 application wasn't available and he/she wasn't able to complete the i751 review during the interview, they will be highly motivated to obtain the application and complete the review in a very fast manner. And the IO might get credit for closing both the i751 and n400 so they might be doubly motivated to complete the review of both cases since they're linked.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

2 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

was the i751 interview easy? did he ask lots of questions? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.