2,950 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2019 at 7:08 AM, JB63 said:
Good morning everyone

Filed for I-751 in March 2017
Filed for N-400 in February 2018

I just got my combo interview yesterday, it went well. 
I went there with my wife and my son and when the officer saw my child he said that it is going to be fast. He asked couple of questions we went over the applications to make sure it was accurate. He was a very nice guy.
He asked my wife to leave for the N-400 part of the interview he asked me questions for 2 min then I did the test.
After that said that my I-751 will be approved but he had to check with his supervisor for final approval on the N-400. He said everything is good it is just because he could not access a specific file on his computer.

Last night I saw that my Green Card was approved but still nothing for the Citizenship, so I am not sure if I am going to receive it before the oath notice or if it is one of their glitch.

Anyway that was my experience good luck to everyone

Congratulations! 

Similar to others, I am wondering if you were notified or knew right away that you will have combo interview?

i have I751 pending, without any changes since March 5, 2017 (last update). I have n400 interview on May 9th. There is no way I can find out if it is combo or where my I751 form is.

i called USCIS, all they told me is from their website - that it is within processing time. 🙄

51 minutes ago, Dzenana said:

Congratulations! 

Similar to others, I am wondering if you were notified or knew right away that you will have combo interview?

i have I751 pending, without any changes since March 5, 2017 (last update). I have n400 interview on May 9th. There is no way I can find out if it is combo or where my I751 form is.

i called USCIS, all they told me is from their website - that it is within processing time. 🙄

Just bring your spouse with you for the N400 interview if i-751 is pending, it won't hurt you if it's not a combo but you will be rescheduled if it ends up as combo..

6 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

You most likely won't recieve your actual green card, you will just get a notification of the time and date of your citizenship ceremony, congratulations.

My hubby got his 10 year GC a week after his interview. But also got a RFE too. I think he would have gotten the GC either way.

It depends on the IO. Sometimes they send to have the GC made others don't.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

My hubby got his 10 year GC a week after his interview. But also got a RFE too. I think he would have gotten the GC either way.

It depends on the IO. Sometimes they send to have the GC made others don't.

If you are getting naturalized and get your green card before the ceremony, you are going to have to surrender the green card anyway at the ceremony, so I would just relax and wait for the citizenship ceremony!!! It makes sense that USCIS may not produce your green card knowing you are getting naturalized, that is what happened to many dual 751/400 applicants unless you just want to feel what it like to have a 10 year green card in your hand,lol. The big deal is the naturalization, you don't need the green card anymore, congratulations.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, gomez02 said:

Hi,

Im glad your interview went well. Im hoping mine will go as smoothly. I was wondering about the combo interview, I have a pending i-751 as well but my interview notice only contained info for my N-400 interview with no mention of I-751. Is that how yours was as well?

Thanks in advance.

So I got my N-400 scheduled in January then in March I got a notice mailed from the SLC office for the I-751. 

I submitted a request via the website about what;s going on about the I-751 back in December and they told that it will be a combo interview. I am pretty sure you will have a combo.

Once the Phoenix office will scheduled your N-400 the I-751 will be be scheduled right after. good luck!

7 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

You most likely won't recieve your actual green card, you will just get a notification of the time and date of your citizenship ceremony, congratulations.

Than you for the input

57 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

If you are getting naturalized and get your green card before the ceremony, you are going to have to surrender the green card anyway at the ceremony, so I would just relax and wait for the citizenship ceremony!!! It makes sense that USCIS may not produce your green card knowing you are getting naturalized, that is what happened to many dual 751/400 applicants unless you just want to feel what it like to have a 10 year green card in your hand,lol. The big deal is the naturalization, you don't need the green card anymore, congratulations.

Being as we got a RFE after his Naturalization interview its good he got his new GC because the RFE will delay the final approval of his citizenship case. Our lawyer said expect 180 days for them to process the RFE response (we responded March 15th, no update yet) . At least he has something to prove his status while we wait.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Timeline
27 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Being as we got a RFE after his Naturalization interview its good he got his new GC because the RFE will delay the final approval of his citizenship case. Our lawyer said expect 180 days for them to process the RFE response (we responded March 15th, no update yet) . At least he has something to prove his status while we wait.

Unusual you guys got a RFE. What is the reason for RFE if you don't mind me asking? I thought you guys were all approved on the spot.

Edited by Zombie69

8 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Unusual you guys got a RFE. What is the reason for RFE if you don't mind me asking? I thought you guys were all approved on the spot.

He passed the exam and English test easily. Brought all our relationship evidence. I waited in the lobby. They didn't ask to even interview me. He said he was recommend for approval for N400 and ROC. Odd thing was he looked at all our evidence but didn't take anything except a copy of the biographical page of my passport and our marriage certificate. A week later husband got his new 10 year GC in the mail along with approval letter NOA2 for ROC. A day later he got a RFE for needing relationship evidence for N400. I'm thinking because the IO didn't take any of our relationship evidence is why we got the RFE. So we had to resubmit everything online.

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

1 hour ago, JB63 said:

So I got my N-400 scheduled in January then in March I got a notice mailed from the SLC office for the I-751. 

I submitted a request via the website about what;s going on about the I-751 back in December and they told that it will be a combo interview. I am pretty sure you will have a combo.

Once the Phoenix office will scheduled your N-400 the I-751 will be be scheduled right after. good luck!

Than you for the input

Thank you. My interview is scheduled on the 30th of this month for the N-400. My i-751 had an update last december 2018 that it got moved to a new jurisdiction and I received the letter about the transfer a few days after. I got the letter for my N400 interview last month. So im really hoping its a combo interview. I guess I got worried coz i saw someone post that he got sent home without an interview because his i-751 was pending. I’ll be interviewed in San Jose CA. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, corvusheart said:

He passed the exam and English test easily. Brought all our relationship evidence. I waited in the lobby. They didn't ask to even interview me. He said he was recommend for approval for N400 and ROC. Odd thing was he looked at all our evidence but didn't take anything except a copy of the biographical page of my passport and our marriage certificate. A week later husband got his new 10 year GC in the mail along with approval letter NOA2 for ROC. A day later he got a RFE for needing relationship evidence for N400. I'm thinking because the IO didn't take any of our relationship evidence is why we got the RFE. So we had to resubmit everything online.

That is so strange. USCIS already approved your husband's 751, that means they have believed your marriage, and yet they still need evidence for 400??? Must be a man made error. I guess you just submit more evidence as requested and see what happens. I think you guys will be fine though, keep us posted. Good luck.

49 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

That is so strange. USCIS already approved your husband's 751, that means they have believed your marriage, and yet they still need evidence for 400??? Must be a man made error. I guess you just submit more evidence as requested and see what happens. I think you guys will be fine though, keep us posted. Good luck.

We submitted a month ago. Still waiting. I think it's because the IO didn't take anything. I read both applications to to another person for final review. Perhaps the ROC and N400 were both passed to different people maybe. So one person approved the ROC and the other submitted RFE for N400.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Timeline
35 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

We submitted a month ago. Still waiting. I think it's because the IO didn't take anything. I read both applications to to another person for final review. Perhaps the ROC and N400 were both passed to different people maybe. So one person approved the ROC and the other submitted RFE for N400.

What a drag and it just adds uncertainty to your 400 application even though you guys were pre approved. It will be all over soon. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Zombie69 said:

What a drag and it just adds uncertainty to your 400 application even though you guys were pre approved. It will be all over soon. Fingers crossed.

I know someone else who got a similar RFE for their N400 but that was because they needed to prove they paid the taxes they owed. They were approved only after a week or so of submitting RFE response. We've been waiting a month probably because MN field office is typically always backed up.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Nebraska Service Center I-751 Filers:

Let's go to this thread to share and discuss our processing timelines:

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

Timeline
6 hours ago, corvusheart said:

I know someone else who got a similar RFE for their N400 but that was because they needed to prove they paid the taxes they owed. They were approved only after a week or so of submitting RFE response. We've been waiting a month probably because MN field office is typically always backed up.

Yes, it is probably just backed up. Hang in there, you are almost there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.