2,950 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Hiroshi said:

Quick question: I have my ROC pending with CSC May 2017 to be exact. I filed my N400 in May 2018. I was told by the lady that gave me my stamp that USCIS has combined both my petitions and will most probably be interviewed at the same day, In the Dallas office I think it’s around 20 months waiting time for the N400. So my question is will I have to wait that 20ish months for my ROC to be approved? Or since I’ve already filed ROC my n400 will be approved around the same time my ROC will be. 

Most likely you will receive your N400 letter scheduling your interview in a few months (3 or 4 more). They can decide both cases then.

Sorry to ask again, but somebody knows if I can bring a print out of my notice (scheduling my app), instead of the original one? I don't have it, and the reason for that brings me to my second concern: I called to USCIS to give a temporary address back in December becasue I was going to travel. When I returned in June, I called back to have my home address reinstated. However, I found that that they seemed to have taken that change of address like something permanent, as they say that I should file AR 11, and I don't want to to that becasue that means I moved....and I haven't moved! it was a temporary address. What did I do wrong? I want to fix the issue before my interview. (And the letter thing is that it was sent to that temporary address of a friend but she sold the house the exact moment they sent the letter...it was supposed to be forwarded to her new address but it hasn't happened yet...since July 23, so I don't think is happening now). Please somebody that can help. Thanks!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
17 hours ago, Charly2 said:

Sorry to ask again, but somebody knows if I can bring a print out of my notice (scheduling my app), instead of the original one? I don't have it, and the reason for that brings me to my second concern: I called to USCIS to give a temporary address back in December becasue I was going to travel. When I returned in June, I called back to have my home address reinstated. However, I found that that they seemed to have taken that change of address like something permanent, as they say that I should file AR 11, and I don't want to to that becasue that means I moved....and I haven't moved! it was a temporary address. What did I do wrong? I want to fix the issue before my interview. (And the letter thing is that it was sent to that temporary address of a friend but she sold the house the exact moment they sent the letter...it was supposed to be forwarded to her new address but it hasn't happened yet...since July 23, so I don't think is happening now). Please somebody that can help. Thanks!!!!

File an AR-11. Even if you didn't move, they will use it to correct your address. It happened to me when the letter was lost in the main because they missed my apartment number. 

You can then file a missing notice report and ask for the replacement. 

F1 Visa Journey

4th March 2009 - Schedule F-1 Visa Appointment

18th March 2009 - F1 Visa Interview

28th March 2009 - F1 Visa approved

OPT Journey

26th January 2013 -  I-765 mailed

4th February 2013 - Notice received

17th May 2013 - Card processing

3rd June 2013 - EAD Card received

STEM Extension Journey

18th March 2014 -  I-765 mailed STEM extension

28th March 2014 - Notice received

13th May 2014 - Card processing

28th May 2014 - EAD Card received

I-140 Journey

17th August 2014 - I-130 & 1-140 mailed

30th August 2014 - Notice received

13th September 2014 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice for 27th September 2014 

13th October 2014 - RFE received - Reply mailed 23rd November 2014

7th January 2015 - Interview

29th January 2015 - Green card received

I-751 Journey

3rd November 2016 - I-751 Mailed

16th November 2016 -  Notice received

3rd December 2016 - Bio-metrics Appointment Notice  for 17th December 2016

25th February 2018 - Case Transferred to Local Office

8th May 2018 - Case Transferred to another Office/ Initial Review

7th June 2018 - Combined interview/ name Update/ Approved with N-400

N-400 Journey

31st October 2017 - N-400 Mailed

2nd November 2017 - NOA

12th November 2017 - NOA from office case transferred to.

20th November 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

1st May 2018 - Interview Notice

7th June 2018 - Interview/ Approved/ Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

12th June 2018 - Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed

09th July 2018 - Oath Ceremony..... I am a US Citizen

1 hour ago, MHZ said:

File an AR-11. Even if you didn't move, they will use it to correct your address. It happened to me when the letter was lost in the main because they missed my apartment number. 

You can then file a missing notice report and ask for the replacement. 

Thanks, this is really helpful. I did called USCIS and changed address over the phone, then they sent me a communication that says that I "might" have to file AR 11 but they will let me know. And nothing yet...but I think they should have my address already.  So if I understand correctly is better to bring the original letter?

Edited by Charly2

18 hours ago, Charly2 said:

Thanks, this is really helpful. I did called USCIS and changed address over the phone, then they sent me a communication that says that I "might" have to file AR 11 but they will let me know. And nothing yet...but I think they should have my address already.  So if I understand correctly is better to bring the original letter?

My wife used a copy and never had any problems. 

21 hours ago, Mar16 said:

Hello,

same times frame here . I751 pending since July 2016 and N400 since August 2017 . Anyone heard here back for interview ?

Wow this is a long time for both cases , did you fill for a request inquiry?

31 minutes ago, Mar16 said:

I can’t because N400 is not OUTSIDe the processing times . 16 to 20 months it’s now . And both will be adjucated at the same time 

But you can for the I751 , is out of the normal processing time , because they have to do something about I751 , that what I heard about here 

57 minutes ago, Asilarmani said:

But you can for the I751 , is out of the normal processing time , because they have to do something about I751 , that what I heard about here 

They sent me a letter to my request for i751 telling that they will adjucated ar the same time both n400 ans i751 so I need to wait my turn for n400 .. and n400 I’m only at 12 months so far and processing time are 16 to 20 so i still Have some time 😕

what is your situation ?

1 hour ago, Mar16 said:

They sent me a letter to my request for i751 telling that they will adjucated ar the same time both n400 ans i751 so I need to wait my turn for n400 .. and n400 I’m only at 12 months so far and processing time are 16 to 20 so i still Have some time 😕

what is your situation ?

I’m waiting same think like you , i751 January 2016 and n400 January 2017 , so I have a long time to wait , i was hoping to hear from them soon but i don’t think so 

13 hours ago, Mar16 said:

what is your situation ?

Correction 

I’m waiting same think like you , i751 January 2017 and n400 January 2018, so I have a long time to wait , i was hoping to hear from them soon but i don’t think so 

5 hours ago, Asilarmani said:

Correction 

I’m waiting same think like you , i751 January 2017 and n400 January 2018, so I have a long time to wait , i was hoping to hear from them soon but i don’t think so 

•  

Have you heard from them? It’ s long but still “reasonable “ for them so not much to do unless waiting 😕 

they sent me a letter telling they are sending my case to MO to “speed up the process “ . Was 3 months ago 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Mar16 said:

I can’t because N400 is not OUTSIDe the processing times . 16 to 20 months it’s now . And both will be adjucated at the same time 

16-20 months!?  :wow:  Where is your processing office?  :no:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.