2,950 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Congrats!  :dance::dance::dance:

Great!  :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Me?  I'm still waiting!  :dead:

I am still waiting too, I feel you :(

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[08/03/16] Package delivered to USCIS (California Service Center)

[08/05/16] NOA (never received, lost in the mail)

[09/15/16] NOA replacement

[10/07/16] Biometrics (early walk-in on 09/27/16)

[05/07/18] Case transferred to NBC

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[07/30/18] APPROVED AT COMBO I-751/N-400 INTERVIEW

N-400 (Naturalization) with pending I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[07/31/17] Package sent to USCIS (NBC)

[08/07/17] NOA

[08/31/17] Biometrics

[12/20/17] In line for interview

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[08/31/18] NOID received

[09/07/18] NOID response sent back to USCIS

[10/02/18] In line for oath ceremony

[11/13/18] Oath ceremony was scheduled

[12/10/18] Oath! Finally a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
11 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Congrats!  :dance::dance::dance:

Great!  :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Me?  I'm still waiting!  :dead:

You should move to Portland. This is absolutely bizarre to see you wait that long :unsure: I hope you hear something pretty soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Thanks a lot. It gives me so much joy that I am almost about to finish this immigration marathon :)

Please keep us posted. Your 751 is still pending and will probably be adjudicated/approved with 400. Almost there, so happy for you.

I have been reading this post these past few days. We just filed for my husband's ROC on 4 Jun at VSC. I wanted to research the possibility of the process shortening due to filing I-400 while I-751 was pending. I have come to the conclusion that it is beneficial to do so. I know that many here have waited long times but I believe that to wait for the I-751 to finish before filing the I-400 has a combined longer time then the time that will transpire as both applications are being reviewed together in the final months of the 751 process. Thus the 400 process overlaps the 751 and you finish much sooner overall. So we will file his N-400 in mid March 2019 when he is 3 months from the 3 year mark.

@Zombie69 I am so sorry for your loss and very happy at your outcome. Even though I knew early in your posts because of your updated profile of the outcome, I was still touched by your story. I was excited finally to read that you had gotten your citizenship. Everyone should get much support by reading your story to know that things can and do come out.

The big thing that I got from these past days is that you must strive to have patience in the face of frustrations and perseverance will win in the end. Good luck to all still waiting. And to all that will begin this stage, have hope and don't lose sight of the prize at the end of the struggle. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/20/2018 at 10:49 PM, Zombie69 said:

That is insane, but sadly and ironically I think my husband's passing propelled them to approve my both applications. I am praying you will hear from them soon.

I have a feeling that I'll be the last one still posting messages (when everyone has moved on and left) on this thread!  :rofl:

16 hours ago, rt1012 said:

I am still waiting too, I feel you :(

You mean I'm not the only one still waiting?  :wow::wow::wow:

14 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

You should move to Portland. This is absolutely bizarre to see you wait that long :unsure: I hope you hear something pretty soon. 

My hubby initially talked about moving to Portland.  :idea:

I said "Nope" since my priority was to get a job and there are more jobs in Seattle, thanks to Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, and Expedia.  :lol:

Now I'm not sure if that was a good decision!  :bonk:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
8 hours ago, CB & FM said:

I have been reading this post these past few days. We just filed for my husband's ROC on 4 Jun at VSC. I wanted to research the possibility of the process shortening due to filing I-400 while I-751 was pending. I have come to the conclusion that it is beneficial to do so. I know that many here have waited long times but I believe that to wait for the I-751 to finish before filing the I-400 has a combined longer time then the time that will transpire as both applications are being reviewed together in the final months of the 751 process. Thus the 400 process overlaps the 751 and you finish much sooner overall. So we will file his N-400 in mid March 2019 when he is 3 months from the 3 year mark.

@Zombie69 I am so sorry for your loss and very happy at your outcome. Even though I knew early in your posts because of your updated profile of the outcome, I was still touched by your story. I was excited finally to read that you had gotten your citizenship. Everyone should get much support by reading your story to know that things can and do come out.

The big thing that I got from these past days is that you must strive to have patience in the face of frustrations and perseverance will win in the end. Good luck to all still waiting. And to all that will begin this stage, have hope and don't lose sight of the prize at the end of the struggle. 

Thank you for your support. I am also touched that you find my story touching. Things do work out sometimes no matter how severe the challenges are. You just need to have hope and do the best you can. I did my best to try to save my husband with our doctors, and I did my best to maximize my chances of success of immigrant journey, even though the former did not work out, the latter eventually paid off and I really believe my husband is smiling from above and sometimes near me in spirit celebrating with me. Immigration in the U.S is getting tougher, but things do eventually work. Thanks for your comment and support.

2 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

I have a feeling that I'll be the last one still posting messages (when everyone has moved on and left) on this thread!  :rofl:

I said "Nope" since my priority was to get a job and there are more jobs in Seattle, thanks to Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, and Expedia.  :lol:

Hang in there. So sorry it is taking so long.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, CB & FM said:

We came to the same conclusion.  Simply put, the N400 clock is a separate clock, so why wait for the I751 clock to run out before starting the N400 clock?  Let them run concurrently and get to the end sooner.  In our case I think it shaved 8-9 months off our overall time to naturalization, but my wife seemed to hit a sweet spot with the Detroit office when she filed her N400, it processed way faster than we ever expected and well within the posted processing times.  It seems things have slowed down there a bit now.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Zombie69 said:

Got my passport yesterday. I will probably get my passport ID in a few days and Department of State will mail me back my citizenship certificate in a week or so. So glad this is finally over. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting, better days are coming, hang in there.

Good deal, we were lucky, Detroit has a passport office and if a newly naturalized citizen applies for a passport 30 days (I think) from their ceremony, they do not keep the naturalization certificate, just a copy.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

Good deal, we were lucky, Detroit has a passport office and if a newly naturalized citizen applies for a passport 30 days (I think) from their ceremony, they do not keep the naturalization certificate, just a copy.

Yes, Department of State requires the original and a copy of the certificate to process the passport application, and after they finish processing. they will mail you back the certificate

Timeline
10 hours ago, AustinCanada said:

Lollzzzz Let's hope you don't have to wait anymore. 

Hello! I just want to thank everyone in this forum!  I might not that active but i always visit this page. You guys help me alot! I took an oath yesterday! Thank God!  I had my n400 on june 6 i passed but decision cannot be made because of my i-751 , the next day june 7 my i751 is approve and on june 16 i got my letter oath ceremony for june 21,. Im so thankful with the immigration officer .he made everything easy for me!  i saw him on my oath taking ceremony too. Glad im able to thank him personally!  I cried so hard! For those still waiting just be positive! Goodluck and Congratulations in advance! 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, vspink94 said:

Hello! I just want to thank everyone in this forum!  I might not that active but i always visit this page. You guys help me alot! I took an oath yesterday! Thank God!  I had my n400 on june 6 i passed but decision cannot be made because of my i-751 , the next day june 7 my i751 is approve and on june 16 i got my letter oath ceremony for june 21,. Im so thankful with the immigration officer .he made everything easy for me!  i saw him on my oath taking ceremony too. Glad im able to thank him personally!  I cried so hard! For those still waiting just be positive! Goodluck and Congratulations in advance! 

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

We came to the same conclusion.  Simply put, the N400 clock is a separate clock, so why wait for the I751 clock to run out before starting the N400 clock?  Let them run concurrently and get to the end sooner.  In our case I think it shaved 8-9 months off our overall time to naturalization, but my wife seemed to hit a sweet spot with the Detroit office when she filed her N400, it processed way faster than we ever expected and well within the posted processing times.  It seems things have slowed down there a bit now.

Congratulations. You made the right decision. There is no need to wait for the I-751 approval if you are eligible to file for naturalization. It is a personal choice but saves time in the end, best wishes. 

Hello everyone, I want to share my experience with you folks. My wife and I went yesterday to our interviews, I-751 & N-400. Both of them were good and smooth. 

They interviewed us together in the first for our pending ROC case. It was very fast and easy, and the officer asked us general questions. Like when you meet for the first time? How long have you been married? And something like these easy questions. 

After that he asked her to go out from the office and wait me in the waiting room. He went with her and came back to the office. 

He Interviewed me for my N-400. Started with the reading and writing test, then the civic and history test, and checked with me on my file. The interview was fine and easy, I did everything very well.

The results is: "form N-652"

I passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test. 

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

He told me that I passed and he asked me to signed on the application + signed on the paper that I'am welling to do my full oath. But he said I can't make a decision right now because my I-751 is still pending. He told me that they will check and notice me when they approve it or if they need anything else. He thought my file is good and they will approve it without more requests. 

That what happened to us yesterday, and everything was good. 

Good luck for everyone! 

I-485 (AOS)

04/01/2015 Sent Form I-485.

05/06/2015 Scheduled the interview and mailed its notice.

06/16/2015 The Post Office picked up mail containing the new card.

06/16/2015 The 2 years Green Card was mailed to me.

06/18/2015 The 2 years Green Card in hand.

I-751 (ROC)

03/13/2017 Sent I-751 documents to CSC.

03/14/2017 Package received.

03/16/2017 Check cashed.

03/??/2017  NOA received.

03/14/2017 NOA dated.

03/27/2017 Biometrics. "walked-in" 

02/26/2018 Case transferred to my local office.

05/01/2018 Case transferred to another office.

05/03/2018 Case transferred to another office. 

05/07/2018 Received letter in mail, my case was transferred to NBC. "Letter's date is 05/01/2018" 

06/05/2018 Received letter in mail, they will do an interview at the same time, date and location of my N-400 interview. "06/21/2018"

06/21/2018 The combo interview (with N-400 interview). But it's still pending until they send me the result of this interview.

06/27/2018 The case was approved, with the N-400 approval. 

06/30/2018 Received the approval letter in mail.

N-400 (Under 3 Years Rule)

04/02/2018 Applied for N-400 Online. (I-751 is still pending) 

04/02/2018 Received NOA Online (Received in mail on 4/03/18).

04/27/2018 Biometrics.

05/14/2018 Scheduled the N-400 interview.

06/21/2018 Interview's date.

Passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test.

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

06/27/2018 The case was approved (with the I-751 approval), and placed me in line for oath ceremony.

07/09/2018 Oath Ceremony was scheduled.

07/20/2018 Oath Ceremony.

U.S. Citizen and proud! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cincyman said:

Hello everyone, I want to share my experience with you folks. My wife and I went yesterday to our interviews, I-751 & N-400. Both of them were good and smooth. 

They interviewed us together in the first for our pending ROC case. It was very fast and easy, and the officer asked us general questions. Like when you meet for the first time? How long have you been married? And something like these easy questions. 

After that he asked her to go out from the office and wait me in the waiting room. He went with her and came back to the office. 

He Interviewed me for my N-400. Started with the reading and writing test, then the civic and history test, and checked with me on my file. The interview was fine and easy, I did everything very well.

The results is: "form N-652"

I passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test. 

He told me that I passed and he asked me to signed on the application + signed on the paper that I'am welling to do my full oath. But he said I can't make a decision right now because my I-751 is still pending. He told me that they will check and notice me when they approve it or if they need anything else. He thought my file is good and they will approve it without more requests. 

That what happened to us yesterday, and everything was good. 

Good luck for everyone! 

Keep us posted, thanks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.