k_39

Working on the I-129f, have some silly questions!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there, we're in the process of completing the I-129f; very exciting!

I have some questions though.

1. It's asking for my passport number *and* my travel document number. I only know my passport number, and I keep getting mixed opinions online. Many are saying that they're the exact same thing, others aren't, but I'm from Australia and I'm not sure what my travel document number could possibly be.

2. I've left a lot of things blank, as I'm young and I don't need to fill anything out about any past marriages or children etc. Is 'address in the US where your beneficiary intends to live' the same as 'your beneficiary's physical address abroad?' because for now we only have one address in mind.

3. Lucky last, because it's been confusing me so much, despite the fact that I have instructions in front of me. When I don't have an answer, do I leave it blank or do I write 'NONE' '0' 'N/A?'

If anyone who's been through this in recent years could help that would be much appreciated! :) Thank you!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

print out the document to fill it out and use N/A in those areas

Thank you for your speedy response. :) The only thing is about half of it will be N/A haha! Also, we're completing it digitally (on Adobe), so I'm not sure how to type 'N/A' in the blocks.

9 minutes ago, k_39 said:

1. It's asking for my passport number *and* my travel document number. I only know my passport number, and I keep getting mixed opinions online. Many are saying that they're the exact same thing, others aren't, but I'm from Australia and I'm not sure what my travel document number could possibly be.

Passport number is not the same as travel document number. Not everyone has a travel document therefore not everyone is able to produce a travel document number. Also FYI, unless you are currently in the US, you don't need to answer 38a - 38h.

2. I've left a lot of things blank, as I'm young and I don't need to fill anything out about any past marriages or children etc. Is 'address in the US where your beneficiary intends to live' the same as 'your beneficiary's physical address abroad?' because for now we only have one address in mind.

Yes. The only time an address is possibly different would be between a mailing address and physical address.

3. Lucky last, because it's been confusing me so much, despite the fact that I have instructions in front of me. When I don't have an answer, do I leave it blank or do I write 'NONE' '0' 'N/A?'

I use both N/A and None interchangeably. 

If anyone who's been through this in recent years could help that would be much appreciated! :) Thank you!

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i know u said online but it doesn't allow the answers to your issues on the online app and i said print out and mail it in to get these answered

our friend in Nasville had the naturlization letter mailed to him (the beneficiary) as he has the one applying

Timeline
6 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

i know u said online but it doesn't allow the answers to your issues on the online app and i said print out and mail it in to get these answered

our friend in Nasville had the naturlization letter mailed to him (the beneficiary) as he has the one applying

Yeah, we downloaded the i-129f form and it's being completed on Adobe where we can fill in the boxes, and then we were gonna send it. is this allowed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
16 hours ago, k_39 said:

1. it's the same thing unless they are asking for the I-94  the I-94 it is issued when u travel to united states if you never travel there or you are not in us just skip this part.

2. Are you the petitioner or beneficiary? if you are the petitioner you should include the address where your beneficiary is going to live with you at the time of arriving at united states, the address abroad(outside us) is where the beneficiary resides at the time of the petitioner filling the I-129f, 

3. you can use n/a or none or leave it blank. 

If you can't type on adobe just print out your form when it is finished and complete the part with a  black pen, that's what I did.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

1. it's the same thing unless they are asking for the I-94  the I-94 it is issued when u travel to united states if you never travel there or you are not in us just skip this part.

2. Are you the petitioner or beneficiary? if you are the petitioner you should include the address where your beneficiary is going to live with you at the time of arriving at united states, the address abroad(outside us) is where the beneficiary resides at the time of the petitioner filling the I-129f, 

3. you can use n/a or none or leave it blank. 

If you can't type on adobe just print out your form when it is finished and complete the part with a  black pen, that's what I did.

1. I have been to the US twice, and I was able to access my I-94 online but it seemed old so I'm hoping it's the right one? I found it out through logging on here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

(under 'get most recent I-94)

It seems I don't have a travel document number, but maybe I'll ask around?

2. I'm the beneficiary but I'm assisting in filling out the form with my details. My partner is printing it up and all but we're helping eachother out with it. So the address abroad would be where I currently live while the form is being submitted?

3. Awesome! Does that mean you typed up some replies and wrote down others too?

You've been a great help, thank you!

Timeline
4 hours ago, k_39 said:

1. I have been to the US twice, and I was able to access my I-94 online but it seemed old so I'm hoping it's the right one? I found it out through logging on here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

(under 'get most recent I-94)

It seems I don't have a travel document number, but maybe I'll ask around?

2. I'm the beneficiary but I'm assisting in filling out the form with my details. My partner is printing it up and all but we're helping eachother out with it. So the address abroad would be where I currently live while the form is being submitted?

3. Awesome! Does that mean you typed up some replies and wrote down others too?

You've been a great help, thank you!

1. but if you are not currently in us you do not need to file that part. Read the question  If you are not currently in the US at the time of filling the form then don't type anything in that part,  they ask did you beneficiary ever travel to the US? well you did then mark yes, but then they said if your beneficiary is currently is united states, complete item numbers 38..a. - 38.h.  I'm referring to page 6 of 13 in other information about your beneficiary, so It seems you are not in us then don't write anything, leave it blank, DON'T TYPE  your passport number either nothing that question isn't for you.

2. yes your address abroad  is your physical address in Australia 

3. yes, that's what I did,  it's easier that way.

Edited by Carolina Dalton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
16 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

1. but if you are not currently in us you do not need to file that part. Read the question  If you are not currently in the US at the time of filling the form then don't type anything in that part,  they ask did you beneficiary ever travel to the US? well you did then mark yes, but then they said if your beneficiary is currently is united states, complete item numbers 38..a. - 38.h.  I'm referring to page 6 of 13 in other information about your beneficiary, so It seems you are not in us then don't write anything, leave it blank, DON'T TYPE  your passport number either nothing that question isn't for you.

2. yes your address abroad  is your physical address in Australia 

3. yes, that's what I did,  it's easier that way.

Quick question. On Page 9. (see attached). Since non of these apply for us - talking about the Multiple Filer Waver... Should we select the last option? This is getting me confused.

image.png

Edited by LLNCE NIKOLOVA

Timeline
16 hours ago, LLNCE NIKOLOVA said:

Quick question. On Page 9. (see attached). Since non of these apply for us - talking about the Multiple Filer Waver... Should we select the last option? This is getting me confused.

image.png

yes last option 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.