Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Munazza said:

How can you relate some names with bad guys.. What's the criteria?? You once said if a case with ds5535 gets updates means they are trying to get some info and if no update means still they are working but not getting anything.. Here I am confused.. Can you explain the word Info.. 

It's all guesses. Only God or people who actually work on these cases know what's involved. Honestly the wait time is absolutely appalling. Most of people who work in IT field would tell you that a database search only takes few seconds or minutes. Even if you search across multiple databases and cross match and do data analysis it should only take few minutes/hours.

Edited by Luvs2Travel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Luvs2Travel said:

It's all guesses. Only God or people who actually work on these cases know what's involved. Honestly the wait time is absolutely appalling. Most of people who work in IT field would tell you that a database search only takes few seconds or minutes. Even if you search across multiple databases and cross match and do data analysis it should only take few minutes/hours.

Guessing is  exactly what it is.   Anyone can look through the pages of this thread and come up with an educated guess.   Pakistan had issues with long AP without the ds5535 back in you can see a lot of frustrated post from 2014.  I believe most of the process is still the same just the ds-5535 gives them more info to go off of.   You can not predict the outcome of everyones cases.   They seem to be averaging about a year but every once in a while you'll see one get a visa faster and then you see some waiting even longer.  There are a lot of articles you can read about AP and they have been posted on VJ several times.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion  the thing is none of us really know which checks we are getting and if its one or more and then there is the possibility it just sits at the embassy and no-one is doing anything..we just don't  know.  

All we can do is pray.

Than you @paki-guy For replying.

So it means the prediction is just based on the numbers one has seen others getting visa in some longer spans of time. But this prediction can be wrong as once a while one can get visa sooner or later. I am hoping for this to solve as we both are worried. Never been stuck in such a scenario before. My Passport is with the embassy too. Hope to see some case with DS-5535 questionnaire  solved in a shorter span of time like with in 3-6 months. 

Hoping for the best for my case too and praying for all who are stuck in this nightmare of AP.

Thanks 

Life is too short and when you dont know for how long you have to live like this you just question yourself why this is happening. I know no body can do anything. We just have to pray and have faith but i dont have more patience left. I miss my husband. Its been 3 years since we start our process.

Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, paki-guy said:

What a lovely interview. CO and me both are convinced. She will be one of few lucky applicants who gets K-1 visa from ISL embassy.

Keep checking their website for the updates I mentioned you before.

AOA,

So we had our senator inquire about our case as we weren't able to get any answers from the embassy, Senator received a response that the case is being sent back to USCIS and the CO found her not eligible for this category of visa. That is all the letter said. USCIS said they don't have the case yet but will not reaffirm a k-1 application and will let it expire.

So I sent another letter to Senator this morning to see if they can get a reason for denial from the consulate since every time I call/email them they keep saying the case is in AP. My son is heartbroken, but our next step is to find out the cause for denial and then plan on getting them married in the summer. Do you know if we need to wait for the official denial letter to get married and re-apply? I heard the denial letter could take a long time. 

I don't know what they mean she is not eligible for this category of visa, do they think they are already married? I mean they aren't and can't be since the legal age to marry in Pakistan is 18 for guys. I did send a notarized consent to marry for my son with the application since in Virginia the legal age is 18 but 16 with parental consent. This sucks! 

Edited by R Mukhtar

Timeline
On 2/15/2019 at 2:44 PM, paki-guy said:

You are right. I came to this country 22 years ago, back then there was no such thing AP exist.

I can see  only one red flag in your case. Which is your husband name. His name is pairing with some really bad guys. Is it a long Muslim name or simple Paki name?

But AP will over one day IA.

Good luck

my husbands last name is Khan.. :( i don't know if that's what's making it take longer. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mia12392 said:

my husbands last name is Khan.. :( i don't know if that's what's making it take longer. 

My husband is also a Khan but I've seen other Khans with no AP so who knows really...

Timeline
18 minutes ago, R Mukhtar said:

AOA,

So we had our senator inquire about our case as we weren't able to get any answers from the embassy, Senator received a response that the case is being sent back to USCIS and the CO found her not eligible for this category of visa. That is all the letter said. USCIS said they don't have the case yet but will not reaffirm a k-1 application and will let it expire.

So I sent another letter to Senator this morning to see if they can get a reason for denial from the consulate since every time I call/email them they keep saying the case is in AP. My son is heartbroken, but our next step is to find out the cause for denial and then plan on getting them married in the summer. Do you know if we need to wait for the official denial letter to get married and re-apply? I heard the denial letter could take a long time. 

I don't know what they mean she is not eligible for this category of visa, do they think they are already married? I mean they aren't and can't be since the legal age to marry in Pakistan is 18 for guys. I did send a notarized consent to marry for my son with the application since in Virginia the legal age is 18 but 16 with parental consent. This sucks! 

You most likely won't get a reason for denial from the senator or USCIS.  You could file a FOIA.  

Cancel the k-1 through USCIS and refile a CR-1 when ready.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

I'm shocked to hear this. Her interview was pretty good in my opinion, and it was kind a family arrange engagement, but I am wrong. Where is the passport?

they still have it at the consulate along with all her original documents. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

You most likely won't get a reason for denial from the senator or USCIS.  You could file a FOIA.  

Cancel the k-1 through USCIS and refile a CR-1 when ready.

The expiration date for k-1 is end of March and if we end up going it won't be until July, I'm sending my son there for about a month with my sister so he will have more face time to show, if that was the case of denial, and will probably send him again when they are ready for the CR-1 interview. do I still need to contact USCIS to cancel the k-1 if it expires before they end up getting married?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, R Mukhtar said:

AOA,

I'm so sorry to hear this! :(

Timeline
2 minutes ago, R Mukhtar said:

The expiration date for k-1 is end of March and if we end up going it won't be until July, I'm sending my son there for about a month with my sister so he will have more face time to show, if that was the case of denial, and will probably send him again when they are ready for the CR-1 interview. do I still need to contact USCIS to cancel the k-1 if it expires before they end up getting married?

Because sometimes you won't even here from USCIS in regards to the expired petition I would cancel it just to alleviate any confusion when you file the CR1.   

Timeline
Just now, Mia12392 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this! :(

Thanks, so am I, my son and his fiance were both in tears, I mean they are just kids and they are in love, they speak every single day since the day they got engaged. I guess CR-1 is will have to be, we were just avoiding having to go back to Pakistan with a family of 5 because it's hella expensive, but I'd do anything for my son's happiness. 

1 minute ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Because sometimes you won't even here from USCIS in regards to the expired petition I would cancel it just to alleviate any confusion when you file the CR1.   

thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.